LAN multiplayer: is allied play possible?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
itchy4388
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

LAN multiplayer: is allied play possible?

Unread postby itchy4388 » 06 Feb 2006, 03:54

I have been playing with my sister over my home LAN using TCP/IP connection and i've wanted to play with her and i as allies. Certain scenarios and campaigns have allies, and i thought maybe there was a way to switch enemies to allies at least if they were human players. In the multiplayer scenario list, no maps seem to have any allied factions by default, so i was wondering if it was possible in any way to have (for instance) the red and blue team allied as team one and then 1-6 other factions as enemies. Thank you!

*edit* this is regarding HOMMIII:ROE =)
Last edited by itchy4388 on 21 Feb 2006, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 06 Feb 2006, 04:02

In heroes IV? It's entirely dependent on the map, the alliance settings are determined in the campaign editor and you can't change them (except to join a certain team). Off the top of my head, X never marks the spot is a 2v2 allied map. There's others, but I don't have a full list on hand.

Wait a second, I do have a list on hand :). They're only ones I've played though, there's no doubt more.

difool
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby difool » 06 Feb 2006, 17:40

Just edit the scenario file, right? I haven't played with the H4 editor much,
but choosing allies was a simple 3-click or so exercise in H3...

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Feb 2006, 00:24

difool wrote:Just edit the scenario file, right?
You can definately do that, and it's not too hard (open up map, press ctrl-enter to bring up scenario properties and change the teams there) but it's not really advisable for most maps if they aren't made for allies.

itchy4388
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby itchy4388 » 21 Feb 2006, 02:11

sorry i forgot that this is not just a hommIII forum, my bad. my question pertains to HOMMIII restoration of erathia. I also cannot get cheatcodes to work for me and my friend when we play eachother here on a LAN using tcp/ip.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”