New H3 maps discussion

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 12 Apr 2008, 17:45

Talking about "SOMEONE'S" maps, of not all, some of them AS I LAID MY EYE ON THEM, seems to be made from RMG, well i can't proove that, and don't care, but if such hideus schit is tolerated, i already wrote to Angel speaking what i think of peolpe who can't make their own map and use RMP BS...
Problem lays in the fact that noone can say what is an RMG map and what isn't. Just looking at it proves nothing. Because of that, there is nothing CH can do about it.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 19 Apr 2008, 16:29

There are some good random maps the i play with friends, i can explainonly for xl maps with underground(the only size i play).

After you make a random map you will see in scenario description some informations and on the second row is template. If you like that map to be balanced, all castels have road, all resources are normally guarded, enough dragon utopia and dwelings the only good name for template is 6LM10 and 8MM6! You could try 8XM8 but is a hard map with a LOT of treasure!
Other templates are not so good: dwarven tunnels(city without fort and for impossible dificulty is very hard), meeting in muzgob(all surface is grass), worlds at war(around the starting castle monster are the same as you race and some may join without diplomacy, some roads are blocked by border guard), newcomers(you can start with 2 castels and all the map is full of resources unguarded, very few strong monsters), dragons(a lot of unguarded resources similar with newcomers)!

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 22 Apr 2008, 10:22

I think that it would be nice to have a thread of its own for discussing old fan made maps for both Heroes III and Heroes IV.
What do you say, Akul?

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 22 Apr 2008, 14:56

I think Akul made this for 2008 year maps diuscussion, no?

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 23 Apr 2008, 14:06

I was under the impression that the idea of this thread was to discuss newly-released fan made Heroes III maps.

What I meant was that it would be nice to have separate threads for discussing old fan made Heroes maps, H3 and H4 would each have their own thread titled "Old Heroes III maps discussion" and "Old Heroes IV maps discussion". No year needs to be specified for older maps. :)

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

Yurian

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Apr 2008, 14:35

As you suggested, treads have been created for H3, H4 and H5.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Apr 2008, 16:11

A new H3RoE map called "Demon Business" has been released. Since I don't play H3 anymore, I have nothing to comment.

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 27 Apr 2008, 17:04

does anybody know the scenario buried treasure?
if so,what is a good strategy for that scenario on impossible level (with necrotown particularly)?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 30 Apr 2008, 16:43

A good looking, storydriven H3AB map called "Xeron Lives" has just been uploaded. It ain't really a new map since it was posted on H3trio before.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Jul 2008, 20:12

Three new H3 maps have been released since Xeron Lives. I believe we could afford to say a few words about those maps as well. Doing so is not considered inappropriate, is it? ;)

Yurian

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 13 Nov 2008, 13:03

Be sure to check out my "newest" XL size map
"Return The Dragon Father Power"..

It took alot of time to test it and fixe it. It's a single player map only.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 06 Dec 2008, 12:59

Here is new XL SOD multiplayer map i have finished today:

http://tombraider.central-game.net/sys/ ... s/lotd.zip

It's called Legion Of The Dune.
Someone could test it?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 06 Dec 2008, 13:04

Akul wrote:A good looking, storydriven H3AB map called "Xeron Lives" has just been uploaded. It ain't really a new map since it was posted on H3trio before.
Many maps have been released since "Xeron Lives!", but I just don't have enough free time to continue giving mini-reviews about them :(

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 30 Mar 2009, 10:05

Although I remain highly suspicious of WoG, I think we can all still agree that Salamandre's work "Alexander the Great" is one of the most ambitious maps ever released here on CH. Do not let my limited experience of WoG fool you, this piece is highly innovatin', mixing nicely elements of real historical facts, Heroes III and WoG's far reaching changes. It's quite a complex package or better, a mod in its own right.

Job well done, I say.

Yurian

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Mar 2009, 10:23

Thanks Yurian. A much more complex map (80 customized quests, 50+ custom battles, 140 custom objects and many features unused until now) is under work. But now we are two to work on it, me and Jim Vogan. The map will require us about 1500 hours to be finished.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=28500

WoG is only matter of hand picked options. You could remove them all and get a pure SoD game, or allow some and get a much more interesting game. Still now the challenge remains the same: get an enthralling game without unbalancing Heroes with useless scripts.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”