Patching HOMM2

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
iceberg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patching HOMM2

Unread postby iceberg » 04 Feb 2006, 17:19

Ive downloaded the 1.0-1.3 patch for HOMM2, but cant figure how to install it (???) I've extracted the files from zipped and tried double clicking the unzipped files but i get a dos error "could not find patch file". According to the read me file, I've got to put the unzipped files into my HOMM2 directory (which i've done), then open a dos prompt and 'cd' to the HOMM2 directory(???) and then type stuff. I cant figure out how to 'cd' to the HOMM2 directory? I've 'cd'ed to my program files and got stuck :( If some bright spark could point out the error of my ways, i'd be grateful

Cheers Paulos

ps. I'm on XP!

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 04 Feb 2006, 17:24

Once you're in the Program Files directory type this:

Code: Select all

cd Heroes2
Then you should run the patch file as instructed.

iceberg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patching HOMM2

Unread postby iceberg » 04 Feb 2006, 17:38

Thanks for the super fast reply!
I tried what you suggested "cd Heroes2" and got the error 'The system cannot find the path you specified'. If it helps, when going thru the program files thru windows, HOMM2 is in the 3do folder....Aha!!! I figured it, you have to cd thru the same files in dos as in windows! Job Done :D

Thanks Muchus dude :D :D :applause: :tsup:

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 04 Feb 2006, 18:39

Glad you figured it out. You shouldn't have needed to use the command-line to patch the game AFAIK. On my machine, I double-click runme.bat and it patches just fine.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”