Wizard hero evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Favorite Wizard

H2 Wizard
27%
H3 Wizard
38%
H4 Mage (male)
17%
H4 Mage (female)
12%
H5 Wizard
6%

Total votes: 52

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Mar 2008, 20:10

Right, good luck with that :lolu:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Mar 2008, 08:53

H4 Mage - yes, he lacked of horse but at least he hasn't white beard and he didn't look like old man with staff.
Never like that appearance of wizards - they are not only wise but also powerful.

H2 is second, h3 close to him

H5 is a joke?
A kalif smoking water-pipe who think that he cast spells? He seems smoke too much and should go to the nearest medic. ;)
Also elephant simply not fix (for me) for this mage. Maybe a magic carpet or sedan (from concept art) would be better.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 Mar 2008, 09:24

Avonu wrote:... Maybe a magic carpet...
So to turn him into a Memory Mentor :tonguehands:

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 12 Mar 2008, 09:26

Note to self: Heroes players appreciate only unoriginality even when they might say something to contrary.
haloswift wrote:h3 for sure
and I hate the way the elephant is animated in h5 (it moves both left legs then both right legs then both left etc.)
Something like this? http://whyfiles.org/shorties/128elephan ... rhead2.gif

And I'm going to vote H5 hero. At least they used the theme that isn't common in 90% of fantasy based games. The mage itself could have looked a bit better, but the theme (costume and well, the elephant) overall gets my vote. Besides he has clearly the coolest special abilities/skills of the lot.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Mar 2008, 12:27

Humakt wrote:At least they used the theme that isn't common in 90% of fantasy based games.
90% of the ones you know of... seriously, elephant riding, pipe smoking magician ain't original not even a little. Then again nothing is.

But voting something just because it's "original" although it don't look very good = teh stupid.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 12 Mar 2008, 16:01

ThunderTitan wrote: 90% of the ones you know of... seriously, elephant riding, pipe smoking magician ain't original not even a little. Then again nothing is.
Yeah, well, so far I haven't seen any PC games with magician riding elephant, and I know lots of PC games. Not that you gave me any counter-example whatsoever.

"Thousand and one nights" theme is fascinating to me, because most of the games don't use it. For the same reason the "film noir" style of Max Payne fascinates.
ThunderTitan wrote:But voting something just because it's "original" although it don't look very good = teh stupid.
None of them look very good. And I didn't vote it just because it is "original".
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 12 Mar 2008, 17:11

Note to self: Heroes players appreciate only unoriginality even when they might say something to contrary.
I still remember when I made that note two or three years before :)
yes, he lacked of horse
Ok, next poll that appears should have horsed heroes like they appear on adventure map!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Mar 2008, 18:16

Humakt wrote: Yeah, well, so far I haven't seen any PC games with magician riding elephant, and I know lots of PC games. Not that you gave me any counter-example whatsoever.
If you want to go that route then sure, most things based on
Tolkien don't have wizards on elephants... just coloured people...

but here, the comments are from 2004: http://www.elfwood.com/art/t/h/thomasn/ ... t.jpg.html

the theme is common, even if not in video games. Had you said "it's nice seeing it in a game more often" from the get go we wouldn't had this conversation...
Humakt wrote: "Thousand and one nights" theme is fascinating to me, because most of the games don't use it. For the same reason the "film noir" style of Max Payne fascinates.
Genies... they're everywhere. and Arabic themes aren't uncommon anyhow.

Elephants on the other hand are Indian, so not 1001 Nights.

and in max payne the atmosphere actually worked... that's what made it fascinating, not just being "film noir" (plenty of SF shooters with a noir feel, even they weren't set in the 1930's).
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Mar 2008, 09:44

Akul wrote:
yes, he lacked of horse
Ok, next poll that appears should have horsed heroes like they appear on adventure map!
I forgot abou this. Thanks for remind.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 13 Mar 2008, 14:57

Humakt wrote:I haven't seen any PC games with magician riding elephant
Nothing really to add to this, but I just read this, at first glance, as magician-riding elephant. A small, weak little mage, carrying around an elephant, on his back. :)

Anyway, I voted for the H4 female.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 13 Mar 2008, 15:43

H3 Wizard, first priority and vote. Classic in my opinion.
H4 Female as second. No vote but she looks very nice.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 13 Mar 2008, 17:54

Heroes III Wizard for me. I like the style, all in all this is one of the best hero models in the series.

As a side note, the Heroes IV female character pictured here in the poll options looks suspiciously close to a well-known female adult film actress from
Italy. The one who was elected to the Italian parliament in the late 1980's. ;)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Mar 2008, 23:43

ThunderTitan wrote:@blue eyes

you guys are starting to bore me... well that and i'm tired from work...
Gotta learn to keep yourself entertained. Not our job :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Mar 2008, 19:09

Whats up with some of you and "h4 hero miss horse" thingy? ever seen them move on the adventure map?

Anyway, I go for the H4 mage, he looks powerful, like the colors and the model, though his sister aint bad either :)

H5? Hate him, I just dont stand lazy, fat, smoki'n elephant riding wizards.
Though I like his turban and the elephant, especially when the elephant farts out those cool, blueberry smelling clouds on the adventure map :D

The others I dont like except those Odin wannabes, but someone should poke an eye out on one of them, give them an eye patch or something. Then he would look goood!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Mar 2008, 10:41

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Gotta learn to keep yourself entertained. Not our job :D
Dance monkey, dance... and read the fine print next time.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 21 Mar 2008, 20:54

The female wizzard in Heroes 4 is looking good, but what kind of abomination is Heores 5 wizzard? Omg, i look and don't believe my eyes :disagree:

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 22 Mar 2008, 02:32

Voted H3 Mage.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”