Homm3 spell skills.

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Homm3 spell skills.

Unread postby Tress » 29 Feb 2008, 09:24

Altough I play homm for a long time i never noticed Is there actual differnece between untrained magic skill and basic. In manuals there writen basic/advanced/expert but no untrained. Also at least lightning spell with sp 3 deals 85 dmg and same amount with basic air skill. So question is: Does any spell benefit from basic rank of spell skill.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Feb 2008, 10:03

It's been ages since I played HoMM III, but from what I remember the basic levels do provide some minor boost to, for example, spell damage.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Feb 2008, 16:03

Yeah, advanced and expert are always better. Like, stone skin, on basic you must cast it on 1 creature, on expert it just affects all your creatures.
And the berserk spell, it has a bigger affect radius when cast on expert.
Mines/quicksand, they just pop inmore of the things.
And offensive spells gain more damage on top of the damage dealt so far...
Anywayz, the expert bonusses are really there... :D
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Dracomancer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracomancer » 01 Mar 2008, 00:51

Basic skills simply make spells of the same element cheaper to cast - one spell point less for each level of the spell. And that's all Basic gives, as far as I know.
I maintain nonetheless that yin-yang dualism can be overcome. With sufficient enlightenment we can give substance to any distinction: mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength.
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 01 Mar 2008, 01:31

Dracomancer wrote:Basic skills simply make spells of the same element cheaper to cast - one spell point less for each level of the spell. And that's all Basic gives, as far as I know.
Seconding this.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Return to “Heroes I-IV”