Heroes IV RPG Maps/Campaigns

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Vidocq666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes IV RPG Maps/Campaigns

Unread postby Vidocq666 » 24 Jan 2008, 17:57

I tried a search which didn't really turn up anything, so I thought I'd make a topic to ask about it. Basically I'm looking for a (or more of course) map or campaign where the main focus is on just one or two heroes, and where I'm able to more or less decide all the skills myself. I did play some of the campaigns I found on this site, but I can't really remember which ones (plus it's not always possible to see from the descriptions how the maps/campaigns play). I'm usually playing with Equilibris 3.51, so it's a plus if the maps are made for that.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Jan 2008, 20:04

Try Gemma's Fortune. It's a 5 scenario campaign, with Nature. With one main hero, and 2-3 episodical heroes. Fair story and great possibilities. It's a soloing campgain actually and not RPG.

Or try Advantures... it's more RPGic than Gemma's fortune, put I don't remember much details from it.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Vidocq666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vidocq666 » 24 Jan 2008, 22:07

Muszka wrote:Try Gemma's Fortune. It's a 5 scenario campaign, with Nature. With one main hero, and 2-3 episodical heroes. Fair story and great possibilities. It's a soloing campgain actually and not RPG.

Or try Advantures... it's more RPGic than Gemma's fortune, put I don't remember much details from it.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Jan 2008, 23:50

Ok.
Maybe you would like to try the two planeswalker campaigns, and Jeff's Dragons Fate. Also a very good M sized RPG map, is the Taming the Brew.

Vidocq666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vidocq666 » 25 Jan 2008, 04:42

Went with Gemma's Fortune and got through the first map (which was pretty cool), but when I start the next map it just exits H4 after I click through the intro messages. Does that happen because of Equilibris, or should I start poking at my PC till it cooperates?

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 Jan 2008, 07:31

I guess most campaigns focus on 1 or 2 main heroes (except Dragon's Fate). You could check out the CH campaign page for H3 and H4 campaigns
http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=76
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 25 Jan 2008, 08:20

Gemma's Fortune is for H4-Standard. I played it in WoW without such crash. It must be Equilibris, which causes your problem.

Muszka mentioned Planeswalker I and II, but don't forget Robenhagen's Nosferatu. And wimfrits's Wind of Thorns is a MUST!! Nice, too, Crusard's Champions. But they all are not concipated for Equilibris.

Muszka: Do you think of Adventures of Wren?

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 25 Jan 2008, 17:02

Click here. (Scroll down for RPG maps)
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Vidocq666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vidocq666 » 25 Jan 2008, 18:59

TheUndeadKing wrote:Click here. (Scroll down for RPG maps)
Wow, thanks. I can't believe I've missed that page!

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 25 Jan 2008, 19:19

You're welcome. Have fun!
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 26 Jan 2008, 04:05

Koni wrote:Muszka: Do you think of Adventures of Wren?
I can't recall, if I played it in H4 or not, but I remember playing it in H3(and sadly nothing more).

P.S.: I don't know, how could I forget the Draconics and the A Wind of Thorns.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Jan 2008, 09:52

Gemma's Fortune is for H4-Standard. I played it in WoW without such crash. It must be Equilibris, which causes your problem.
I played it in Equilibrius and I never had problems with it. Something else must be the reason.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 26 Jan 2008, 12:45

I played it with Equi too, without any problem. I can't remember that WoW or Equi to crash for me whenever.

Vidocq666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vidocq666 » 26 Jan 2008, 13:44

Akul wrote:
I played it in Equilibrius and I never had problems with it. Something else must be the reason.
Well that was strange, I loaded my last save just before I finished the map and used the cheat code to win instead of doing it normally. Didn't crash on the next map.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Jan 2008, 23:27

Vidocq666 wrote:Went with Gemma's Fortune and got through the first map (which was pretty cool), but when I start the next map it just exits H4 after I click through the intro messages. Does that happen because of Equilibris, or should I start poking at my PC till it cooperates?
I was in fact one of the maptesters on this campaign and I play with equilibris and had absolutely no problems getting on to the next scenarios. So something else is "hopefully" causing the problem.
It should work with equi.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 28 Jan 2008, 10:24

wimfrits wrote:I guess most campaigns focus on 1 or 2 main heroes (except Dragon's Fate). You could check out the CH campaign page for H3 and H4 campaigns
http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=76
Be less modest and recommend your own A Wind of Thornes :devious: Seriously! Though not optimized to Equilibris, the campaign is ingenious, story-driven and fun. Psychobabble's My Brother's Keeper is another map I would recommend. They're not built fo Equilibris, but they are excellent maps nonetheless.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 29 Jan 2008, 17:59

Ha! Thanks :D
I try hard not to recommend my own work. Each has a different taste and there is something to be found for everyone.

And besides, after the latest translation (the 3rd!) into Chinese, I bet there is no other HoMM work that is played as much around the world as AWoT :hoo:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 Jan 2008, 01:49

wimfrits wrote:Ha! Thanks :D
I try hard not to recommend my own work. Each has a different taste and there is something to be found for everyone.

And besides, after the latest translation (the 3rd!) into Chinese, I bet there is no other HoMM work that is played as much around the world as AWoT :hoo:
Yes, A Wind of Thorns is one of the best, if not the best. It has everything: quests, rpg elements, path choices, cool battles, and humor. Anyway, I've been replaying it for the last month (give or take a few days) and still love it as much as the first time I played it (well, almost :-D ).

Another fan-made campaign I highly recommend is 'The Saga of Depierrelles, Part One' by Ururam Tururam.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 30 Jan 2008, 02:35

Actually I'm playing AWoT in these days with a friend of mine. Though I'm playing it for the 3rd time, it's the first when I do it in a cooperation way. Thisway it's a new game, a unique experience.

Roj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Roj » 04 May 2008, 05:11

Banedon wrote:Be less modest and recommend your own A Wind of Thornes :devious: Seriously! Though not optimized to Equilibris, the campaign is ingenious, story-driven and fun. Psychobabble's My Brother's Keeper is another map I would recommend. They're not built fo Equilibris, but they are excellent maps nonetheless.
Where can I get this game?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”