Heroes Family Tree

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Jan 2008, 20:45

Corlagon wrote:If we assume SoD took place 10 years before RoE, and RoE took place in 1166, this means he was 9-10 years old in the Elixir of Life campaign... not reasonable.
Ups, my apologies.
I wanted to say that SoD took place in 10 years time - start some time after H2 (Gem's campaign) and finish before H3 (Sandro's secret campaign when he must delivel poison to lord Haart), not that all SoD take place 10 years before RoE.
And about not reasonable - maybe you remember Sandro "mentor" - warlock Ethric? Someone use this name without knowing full story of this character. If he was first lich on Enroth and he was character from SoD, then from where we had liches in H2?
They are others strange reference in SoD (and Chronicles). DOn't trust in all what storywriters wrote. They probably weren't fan(atic)s as we are. ;)

About RoE - campaign start after 7 weeks Catherine's voyage to home. If we assume that in MM6 he sailed at begining of January (well, she isn't present in castle when adventurers first arrived - mostly in 3 January, to learn bow skill ;) ), then she landed on Antagarich in middle March. Restoration of Erathia end at 5 August 1168 - with the speach of queen Catherine:
MM7 Archie's diary wrote:Entry 143
5 August 1168

Reversals within reversals within reversals. That is the way it goes for the fortunes of kings and would-be kings these days. Or so it seems.

In her victory speech, as it was reported to me - I was, to be sure, nowhere near - Catherine made much ado about stability. True, the “dark and vile forces who had wronged her father so,” were defeated, AND her father “now lies in the state of natural quietude he deserves,” AND “the people of Erathia can lay down their swords safe in the knowledge that peace reigns instead of terror.”

Oh, let her think all that if she wishes. Let the peasants think it too. That can but help my cause. For as the lich, Gryphonheart, replaced Deathknell, so have I replaced Gryphonheart. Catherine faces a more devious opponent in me. What my predecessors used like a bludgeon, I will use as a tailor’s needle. The Necromancer Guild, under my leadership, will enter a golden age of advance. Even now, our new laboratory of research is producing new knowledge. And as knowledge is power, so will our - and my - power grow.

But all plots must begin somewhere or remain formless. Perhaps my seed of discontent will root in those fertile “disputed lands?” Time will tell, and the telling will be against my brother and his wife! So swear I here!

Archibald Ironfist
Guildmaster of Necromancers
Rightful King of Enroth
Corlagon wrote:Because Mutare wasn't dead just yet:
CotD ending wrote:After her defeat, Mutare fled to Nighon to lick her wounds and plot Tarnum's death, but she soon met her fate at the hands of another.
I don't remember any mention of Mutare in RoE or even that Nighon has one ruler not many overlords.
Well, if you want, we can argue about Mutare again and again but I don't think we can discover something new.
There aren't strong proofs to say that for sure CotD take place in this or that period of time.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 24 Jan 2008, 21:55

Avonu wrote:Ups, my apologies.
I wanted to say that SoD took place in 10 years time - start some time after H2 (Gem's campaign) and finish before H3 (Sandro's secret campaign when he must delivel poison to lord Haart), not that all SoD take place 10 years before RoE.
Oh, I see. Yes, that was what I thought too, but where do we place the Unholy Alliance campaign?
Avonu wrote:And about not reasonable - maybe you remember Sandro "mentor" - warlock Ethric? Someone use this name without knowing full story of this character. If he was first lich on Enroth and he was character from SoD, then from where we had liches in H2?
Not so hard to explain... it looks like there were two Ethrics, one was Sandro's (quite alive) Warlock master and the other was an undead Lich (even though I guess Sandro's bio does hint that Ethric = Ethric the Mad, any relations there were undone in SoD). It isn't so unusual for people to have the same name - Lysander Sweet / Lysander Gryphonheart, Dracon the Wizard / Drakon the Beastmaster, for example. :)
Avonu wrote:They are others strange reference in SoD (and Chronicles). DOn't trust in all what storywriters wrote. They probably weren't fan(atic)s as we are. ;)
Hmm? Maybe you mean Jabarkas being Ethric's illegitimate brother and Ufretin's weird appearance :D
Avonu wrote:I don't remember any mention of Mutare in RoE or even that Nighon has one ruler not many overlords.
There was no mention of King Eldrich or Xenofex either (maybe Xenofex was thrown around in bios, but not really in the campaigns, I'll have to check again - though Eldrich was never ever mentioned), and they were prominent rulers at the time. This is part of the chronology... Mutare wasn't invented yet by the developers, and I doubt it was even decided to put her in an earlier timeframe.

Avonu wrote:Well, if you want, we can argue about Mutare again and again but I don't think we can discover something new.
No thanks, I don't see the need to debate if you don't. No hard feelings at all or anything, it's just that I don't get why you see reason to argue that "King of Erathia" means General Kendal due to the author's ignorance and yet you don't believe that those world-destroying aliens in The Fiery Moon were Kreegans... :-D

Besides, it's fun to speculate :D
Avonu wrote:There aren't strong proofs to say that for sure CotD take place in this or that period of time.
The game says at the start of mission 8 that a King was ruling Erathia at the time, and the only king ruling Erathia around then was Nicolas... how much stronger can the proof get without outrightly screaming his name?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”