Any Maps from the Original HoMM1?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Any Maps from the Original HoMM1?

Unread postby Sir Alock » 02 Feb 2006, 03:43

Hi All! I just installed HoMM1. It was my very first PC game years ago & I wanted to give it go. Playing the campaign at the moment. As I remember...there was some older maps from the HoMM1 editor. Does anybody know where I might find some?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Alex

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 05 Feb 2006, 21:49

BUMP...Come on guys...I tried to google & nothing. Does anybody have a clue where some older HoMM1 maps could be?

Thanks!

Alex

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Feb 2006, 22:14

I don't think there are any extra maps for Heroes I. The game doesn't have a map editor, so no extra maps can come with it, yes?

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 05 Feb 2006, 22:24

I'm pretty sure there is a map editor in H1 but I don't know of any maps having being circulated from the game. In 1996 (release time for H1) not many people were on-line to transfer maps even if there were maps to transfer.

There is a great trilogy of maps for HoMM2 called Light Bringer by some fan. It was by far the best fan made map from HoMM2. I don't know how/where you'd get to them but they had an awesome storyline.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 06 Feb 2006, 16:28

Yes...There was a map editor for HoMMI. It was available from the Windows 95 version on. The original HoMM1 was DOS-based. Still have both copies from 1995!

There was a website called somthing like Astrail Wizard Gate (or something like that) but...that's long gone. That website had plenty of HoMM1 maps. I'll try the HoMM2 maps that you mentioned.

It's really a bummer! You would think somewhere there would be a website to D/L older HoMM1 maps. But then again, I'm sure nobody plays HoMM1 anymore.

Thanks for your insight.

Alex

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 Feb 2006, 17:25

Sorry about not responding sooner. Maybe these sites help you:

http://urtur.webpark.pl/eng.html#h1
http://members.tripod.com/quebecdragon/homm1.html#Maps

St0rmB0lt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby St0rmB0lt » 06 Feb 2006, 18:34

bump i want homm1 maps

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 06 Feb 2006, 18:44

Then try the links Pitsu provided...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 08 Feb 2006, 15:19

Pitsu wrote:Sorry about not responding sooner. Maybe these sites help you:

http://urtur.webpark.pl/eng.html#h1
http://members.tripod.com/quebecdragon/homm1.html#Maps
Hey Pitsu!!!! That's it!!!!! I knew of about 5 or 6 maps HoMM1 maps that were pretty common. You are a good man! Many thanks for your help!

This is great!

Alex

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 08 Feb 2006, 22:59

Pitsu from Estonia!!!!! You're a GOD! I D/L like 40 maps for HoMM1 from your websites. I'm simply in heaven right now! Again...Thank you for taking the time for the links. I burned a copy of the maps...so they are mine forever!

Thanks Again!

Alex

Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 03 Mar 2006, 03:53

There are some maps for heroes 1 on the The Behemoth's Lair (linked from ch the other day) http://jaskinia.celestialheavens.com/krypta/mapyh1.html

Hogama
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hogama » 25 Apr 2006, 03:52

While I have no illusions that many people are champing at the bit for more Heroes I maps, I was browsing forums because I recently decided to play HOMM again, and was reminded that I had, somewhere (took me a couple of days to find), a CD-ROM with a good number of maps for the first game. It was the Feb '97 disc for CGW, and the maps were all entries in a NWC/CGW sponsored mapmaking contest (Jon Van Caneghem helped judge). I observe that the winners and most of the top 10 are on some sites, but there were 117 maps altogether (one seems to be corrupt, however; it crashes the game).

I'll see about contacting the people who run those map sites, but in the meantime, if anyone's interested in them, just let me know.
MRxL!

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 25 Apr 2006, 09:47

Sir Alock: I'm not sure, but I think that www.heroes.h1.ru contains some H1 maps too (it's a russian site, but it's in english)
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

SpinalBlood
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SpinalBlood » 16 Sep 2014, 11:30

Hogama wrote:While I have no illusions that many people are champing at the bit for more Heroes I maps, I was browsing forums because I recently decided to play HOMM again, and was reminded that I had, somewhere (took me a couple of days to find), a CD-ROM with a good number of maps for the first game. It was the Feb '97 disc for CGW, and the maps were all entries in a NWC/CGW sponsored mapmaking contest (Jon Van Caneghem helped judge). I observe that the winners and most of the top 10 are on some sites, but there were 117 maps altogether (one seems to be corrupt, however; it crashes the game).

I'll see about contacting the people who run those map sites, but in the meantime, if anyone's interested in them, just let me know.
If you still have the cd, could you upload these maps? Ugh, a 2006 topic, maybe Hogama isn't around this forum anymore, if someone else has this Feb '97 CGW CD-ROM that would be cool...
Looks like the maps are really in that edition, as reported here in page 12 and 14 (the internal magazine numbers):

http://www.cgwmuseum.org/galleries/issues/cgw_151.pdf

Return to “Heroes I-IV”