New Heroes 4 Map for Testing: The Eyes

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 16 Jan 2008, 00:34

I don't think I make any more changes upon this point unless a major bug is found, which is unlikely after all this testing. Placed event system proposed is not very effective and placed events can be fooled if player wants to. Besides map has 3 Immortality Potions available for use.

It would be long and cumbersome script that is of little importance and may be more of a hindrance.
Akul wrote:Is is never bad to be a teaser :)
I will reply with this then: disable the other building in town as well and make it possible to be built only via the hut.

Tough this is my idea, I ain't really fond of it myself because I never liked to build via quest huts. Still, it is fun to try to beat the editor.
Timed Event works better. But yes, I also want to build via townscreen rather than through with scripts.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Jan 2008, 01:37

Forgot it, it's not so important.
The fun would be only, to beat the editor(like Akul said).
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 15 Mar 2008, 10:36

I have been looking through the CH map archieve and I can't find "The Eyes" anywhere...
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Mar 2008, 13:59

Try the Thunder maps. Or here is a direct link to the map
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 15 Mar 2008, 14:54

Thats the reason why I ask. I didn't see any new H4 maps being added to the official archieve.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 18 Mar 2008, 05:47

I think Angelspit is too busy with IRL things and just forgot about it. They don't announce maps anymore in news items as they used to do.

I guess people just don't play H4 anymore. And H5 doesn't seem to be very popular either.
Thundermaps

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 19 Mar 2008, 21:44

Humakt wrote: I guess people just don't play H4 anymore. And H5 doesn't seem to be very popular either.
I think people still play both games. quite a bit. There are times when people take a break from them and play some other game(s). And then come back to them. Tastes are cyclical. I can say for my H4 maps that I recently released, they are doing better than I expected. Though I can't speak for H5s' popularity as my computer can't handle it.

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 20 Mar 2008, 01:32

@ByteBandit

Asiatic Empires has a great story and I liked it....When I'll have time, I'll try to make a record as I promise ;)

P.S I'll try to play more maps and Great Job ByteBandit :proud:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 20 Mar 2008, 01:47

I appreciate the feedback Alexandru. All H4 mapmakers depend on positive feedback to continue making even more quality maps for H4. I know that Humakt has also put a lot of time in his maps as well. But again, any Heroes games require a sabbatical every now and then, so that when one does return to the game, it's like getting aquainted with an old friend.

bot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bot » 22 Mar 2008, 08:07

I played hmm3 first, and then I felt in love with hmm4 until I finished all the successful maps in English and in Russian, even I don't understand the Russian language and you know the importance of the message in a quest map, but I was fascinated by the game. I tried to play h5 and I finished the campaigns of the original game and the first expansion and I noticed the lack of storyline. Then i came back to hmm3 discovering other possibilities. Finished most of successful, well known maps of h3,,, and now back to h4. I am not mapmaker, but I wonder if there is nothing more to do or say about this game. Maybe the mapmaker got older or got bored. I do believe this game still have many fans. Such a love is for ever...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Mar 2008, 15:27

I think Angelspit is too busy with IRL things and just forgot about it. They don't announce maps anymore in news items as they used to do.
Now that I am mapmaster again, I uploaded your map.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 Mar 2008, 17:36

Humakt wrote:I think Angelspit is too busy with IRL things and just forgot about it. They don't announce maps anymore in news items as they used to do.
Thanks to Akul for reminding me about that map and taking care of it. I still struggle to find time to update the site (let alone enjoy an hour or two of gaming a week), but I'm still around.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 27 Mar 2008, 14:35

Akul wrote:Now that I am mapmaster again, I uploaded your map.
Thanks. Better later than never. Though uploading them is not big issue anymore to me since I have Thundermaps (thanks to Angelspit for hosting it).
bot wrote:Maybe the mapmaker got older or got bored.
Who doesn't get older? And I do get bored with HoMM from time to time and I have lots of other legal games I can play (lately I've played NWN 2). But I occassionally return to play HoMM (as of late I've played little H3 with my brother) or even make maps. I still have plenty of ideas for Heroes maps (and two maps are in progress, though they are progressing slowly), it is just a matter of execution.
Thundermaps

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 28 Mar 2008, 01:45

Yeah, my diversion as of late has been NWN as well. Been playing fan made Mods rather than the ones shipped with the game. And I have ideas for more H4 maps too, but a break is in order.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 28 Mar 2008, 09:59

Humakt, I think I'll look into your latest H4 map later today. Although I don't much play H4 and consider myself a Novice in that area, I still look for quality fan made maps for the game. You've made yourself a name in that field, the H4 map making that is, which encourages me to re-learn the Heroes IV mechanics.

With solidarity,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 28 Mar 2008, 10:32

ByteBandit wrote:Yeah, my diversion as of late has been NWN as well. Been playing fan made Mods rather than the ones shipped with the game. And I have ideas for more H4 maps too, but a break is in order.
Got any recommendations for mods? And maybe we could sometime try to play some mod together. :)
Yurian Stonebow wrote:Humakt, I think I'll look into your latest H4 map later today. Although I don't much play H4 and consider myself a Novice in that area, I still look for quality fan made maps for the game.
I don't think my latest map is really fit for novice players, but you are welcome to try and prove me wrong. ;)

Come to think of it all my multiplayer maps have AI player boost scripts so, maybe not many of my maps are fit for novice players in general. My singleplayer maps on the other hand, well, I've heard they are quite difficult.
Thundermaps

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 30 Mar 2008, 22:01

Humakt, I think I managed to prove you wrong. ;)
Please go and check your email, you'll see some proof there that your latest Heroes IV map called The Eyes is fit for Novice players such as myself.

I completed the map in 18 weeks with the rank of Minotaur. See the two screenshots for more details.

Yurian

P.S

I played the map as my favourite alias, Octavianus.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 31 Mar 2008, 00:09

Humakt wrote:
ByteBandit wrote:Yeah, my diversion as of late has been NWN as well. Been playing fan made Mods rather than the ones shipped with the game. And I have ideas for more H4 maps too, but a break is in order.
Got any recommendations for mods? And maybe we could sometime try to play some mod together. :)
If it's the first NWN game, along with SOU and HOU, I recommend the Blackguard Mods. Simply a good story and very difficult. Perhaps the most difficult Mods I have ever played. Felt real good when I completed it.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 31 Mar 2008, 08:02

Was talking of NWN 2 actually.
Yurian Stonebow wrote:Humakt, I think I managed to prove you wrong. ;)
Please go and check your email, you'll see some proof there that your latest Heroes IV map called The Eyes is fit for Novice players such as myself.
Good work. Now try to rise the difficulty up a notch or two. ;)
Thundermaps

Return to “Heroes I-IV”