Does anyone have copies of H1 / H2 / H2 Price of Loyalty?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Alamar
Golem
Golem

Does anyone have copies of H1 / H2 / H2 Price of Loyalty?

Unread postby Alamar » 27 Dec 2007, 21:04

Specifically does anyone have LEGAL copies of those games that they'd be willing to sell? My preference is for H1 + H2 + H2: PoL. H1 + H2: Gold would be fine though.

Even though I've bought H1 & H2 several times I often end up losing CDs in moves so I no longer have H1 anymore. My copy of H2: Gold is so scratched up that I no longer trust it to play properly :(

BTW: I'm not really interested in the UBI DVDs because [AFAIK] they do not include the CD-AUDIO tracks for H2 opera. I don't see the point of getting H2 if I don't get the opera .....

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Does anyone have copies of H1 / H2 / H2 Price of Loyalty

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Dec 2007, 04:43

Alamar wrote:Specifically does anyone have LEGAL copies of those games that they'd be willing to sell? My preference is for H1 + H2 + H2: PoL. H1 + H2: Gold would be fine though.

Even though I've bought H1 & H2 several times I often end up losing CDs in moves so I no longer have H1 anymore. My copy of H2: Gold is so scratched up that I no longer trust it to play properly :(

BTW: I'm not really interested in the UBI DVDs because [AFAIK] they do not include the CD-AUDIO tracks for H2 opera. I don't see the point of getting H2 if I don't get the opera .....
Sorry, I have legal copies but not willing to part with them. I love those games too much. Image

Yeah, Image UbiSoft SUCKS!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Does anyone have copies of H1 / H2 / H2 Price of Loyalty

Unread postby Muszka » 28 Dec 2007, 07:40

HodgePodge wrote:Sorry, I have legal copies but not willing to part with them. I love those games too much. Image
How cute :)
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 28 Dec 2007, 09:16

Doesn't Heroes Complete edition include all sorts of previous complete editions like Heroes II Gold, Heroes III and IV Complete?

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 28 Dec 2007, 11:40

Alamar, if you really have bought these games legaly in the past, I think your conscience should allow you to get any kind of copy this time. Legal or not.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 28 Dec 2007, 13:14

MistWeaver wrote:Alamar, if you really have bought these games legaly in the past, I think your conscience should allow you to get any kind of copy this time. Legal or not.
Actually I've bought multiple copies of each game IIRC. While my conscience would be clear personally I wanted to make sure that I was looking for legal copies so my thread wouldn't get locked.

As far as the new UBI DVD editions IIRC the version of H2 doesn't have any CD Audio and if you can't get opera with H2 I'm not convinced that it would be the same. That's why I'd prefer the old-style CD based editions because they are "fully" featured so-to-speak.

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 28 Dec 2007, 14:45

MistWeaver wrote:Alamar, if you really have bought these games legaly in the past, I think your conscience should allow you to get any kind of copy this time. Legal or not.
I read some hearsay that it's legal to download a ROM of a video game iff you already own the cartridge. No idea how that applies to PC games and cracks.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Dec 2007, 16:29

Darmani wrote:
I read some hearsay that it's legal to download a ROM of a video game iff you already own the cartridge. No idea how that applies to PC games and cracks.
Well i know that. I believe that if you OWN a ORIGINAL copy of a game, you can have a copy of it(maybe you are sreally safe with your stuff so a copy would be nice). Crack's idem dito, if you don't want to have your cd in your dvd/cd rom drive, you may have a no-cd crack for it, onlyif you own the origina though...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 28 Dec 2007, 17:01

darknessfood wrote:
Darmani wrote:I read some hearsay that it's legal to download a ROM of a video game iff you already own the cartridge. No idea how that applies to PC games and cracks.
Well i know that. I believe that if you OWN a ORIGINAL copy of a game, you can have a copy of it(maybe you are sreally safe with your stuff so a copy would be nice). Crack's idem dito, if you don't want to have your cd in your dvd/cd rom drive, you may have a no-cd crack for it, onlyif you own the origina though...
That depends on the company you're dealing with. Some companies (well, to tell the truth, most of them) consider it illegal, even if you have the game/cartridge.

And most companies have updated their license agreements to forbid using no-CD/DVD cracks. However, I don't think anyone will sue you for using such cracks. You'll probably only get banned on certain internet game servers.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 29 Dec 2007, 05:47

Alamar wrote:Actually I've bought multiple copies of each game IIRC. While my conscience would be clear personally I wanted to make sure that I was looking for legal copies so my thread wouldn't get locked.
Isn't there any kind of warranty for CD/DVDs, I mean, if you actually bought this game once(or more times), shouldn't the company give you another copy of it, when the disk becomes unusable.
???
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 29 Dec 2007, 06:00

Muszka wrote: Isn't there any kind of warranty for CD/DVDs, I mean, if you actually bought this game once(or more times), shouldn't the company give you another copy of it, when the disk becomes unusable.
???
In a wonderful world, yes. In a capitalistic world, no. And I'm all for capitalism. Except in this case.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 29 Dec 2007, 09:33

Stardock allows you to download your copy of the GalCiv2 from them any time you want.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Dec 2007, 16:14

MistWeaver wrote:Stardock allows you to download your copy of the GalCiv2 from them any time you want.
If only that was HoMM in his case ;)

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 29 Dec 2007, 16:16

darknessfood wrote:Well i know that. I believe that if you OWN a ORIGINAL copy of a game, you can have a copy of it(maybe you are sreally safe with your stuff so a copy would be nice). Crack's idem dito, if you don't want to have your cd in your dvd/cd rom drive, you may have a no-cd crack for it, onlyif you own the origina though...
AFAIK in Czech Republic is a law, that forbids using cracks, they don't mind if your copy is legal or not, using crack is de facto avoiding the game protection, so it is considered to be illegal
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Dec 2007, 17:04

TheUndeadKing wrote: That depends on the company you're dealing with. Some companies (well, to tell the truth, most of them) consider it illegal, even if you have the game/cartridge.
No, it depends on the country/state you're in... plus, as you only agree to the EULA after you've already bought the game i believe you can argue that it's not legally binding. Or at least you should be able to... you know, in a fair world.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 29 Dec 2007, 19:20

ThunderTitan wrote:
TheUndeadKing wrote: That depends on the company you're dealing with. Some companies (well, to tell the truth, most of them) consider it illegal, even if you have the game/cartridge.
No, it depends on the country/state you're in... plus, as you only agree to the EULA after you've already bought the game i believe you can argue that it's not legally binding. Or at least you should be able to... you know, in a fair world.
Well, most companies claim their software is protected by "international copyright laws", if you catch my drift. Otherwise, I do agree on your "fair world" notion. ;)
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Dec 2007, 19:57

Which is agreed upon or not by the country you're in.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 29 Dec 2007, 21:28

True. But seeing their corporate obstinacy in this, I'm not very optimistic about the future.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 31 Dec 2007, 14:53

UPDATE: I looked over my H2: PoL expansion CD and even though it's not in mint condition I'm pretty sure that it should be readable.

All that I need at this point is H1 and the core H2 games on CD if anyone wants to turn those loose.

EDIT: I imagine the Win 95 / Win 98 versions of the games are preferred. I've got a legit copy of '9x but I'm not sure if I can get a legit copy of DOS.

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 22 Jan 2008, 16:40

when i got Heroes Platinume (H1+H2 complete+H3 complete) first thing I did was doing copies of the CDs and use those to play in order to avoid damage to the original CDs... no crack were needed or anything..
If you are really desparete and can't find an original copy let me know...

Return to “Heroes I-IV”