H3 - Game Notes - Not so known facts.

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 29 Oct 2008, 21:37

@Corbon

I beg to differ with your last post. Expert Dispel is not something that is to be cast that lightly. Your example doesn't demonstrate the weak point of the spell nor its usage. The school of Water has another "protecting" spell which would be more suitable to use in that situation: Cure. Expert Cure removes all negative spells and their effects from the player's army, restores some hit points, removes Poison and all this without you having to give up or "cancel" the offensive spell(s) cast on, and at that time already affecting the opposing army. I believe that every responsible commander would agree with this tactics.

If we assume that the player's Spellbook (as in the specific situation described in your previous post) lacked the spell Cure, and he possessed "only" Expert Dispel, then I would call it a day and restrain from casting Dispel at all. This is quite simple, I would turn my attention to other spells and look for other solutions. The AI, however, knows only one way to remove the spell Blind from one of "his" stacks without resorting to hurt its own units that are standing too close and thus would suffer from offensive area effect spells: this trick would require "him" to cast Dispel at Expert level. Very specific situation indeed.

My conclusion: is Dispel effective? Yes. Efficient? Sure. Many times over with the correct usage.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Corbon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Corbon » 28 Nov 2008, 18:50

Just want to clarify that the artifact prices (both purchase and selling price) are affected by the number of towns you control, not by the number of artifact merchants. However, as with trading resources, there's a limit and it's 60% of the original artifact value. For example, a Spellbinder's Hat (Value 30000) would sell for a maximum price of 18000.

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 28 Nov 2008, 20:14

Not by the number of towns but marketplaces.

9 marketplaces is max, giving 66% discount (so you pay one thrid) when buying, and 200% surplus when selling artifacts.

So, Spellbinder's truly does bring 18000, for its base sell price is 6000. Its buy price is, guess, none :). Relics cannot appear in Merchants.

Corbon, do you play the game online?

Corbon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Corbon » 29 Nov 2008, 02:32

Its buy price is, guess, none . Relics cannot appear in Merchants.

I know, that's why I said Value. So it's market places as with resources, ok. Range is from 20% to 60%.

And no, I don't play online.

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 29 Nov 2008, 11:25

To bad :) I thought we could give it a go :)

Btw I had no bad intentions with the former post, I cannot guess entirely, but if you might thought so I meant no harm or tease. Just that english isnt native for the great majority of the world.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Apr 2009, 17:51

Hey, it seems that I forget to add it. Here's one place from which Harpy Hags and Hags always only strike and never return. Guess which one it is?

:D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 17 Apr 2009, 21:39

Pol wrote:Hey, it seems that I forget to add it. Here's one place from which Harpy Hags and Hags always only strike and never return. Guess which one it is?

When they are both in two close hexes?

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 18 Apr 2009, 03:09

Pol wrote:Hey, it seems that I forget to add it. Here's one place from which Harpy Hags and Hags always only strike and never return. Guess which one it is?

I think it has something to do with Dendroids, right?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Apr 2009, 06:43

@Storm-giant
Ha-ha :D I didn't meant that. (It's sure true of course.)

@UndeadHalfOrc
The dendroits entice HH and H. to believe that they are rooted afar. That's a nifty trick but not the one which I hinted to.
;)

Nah, it's connected with your drawing bridge, need I to say more?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 18 Apr 2009, 14:33

The moat?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Apr 2009, 16:36

Just the bridge.
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”