H3 - Game Notes - Not so known facts.

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Nov 2007, 16:27

Ahh, you probably did, but you may take a look on them here ;) (v2)

That's a demonstration map for h3sod h3objtool (courtesy of Grayface).
--created by me! :proud:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 Nov 2007, 02:12

I have to say, with all the knowledge and things I have seen dealing with H3 stuff, I must say, I have never seen these things. Or if I did, and did'nt think about it. But if that's true I would've been amazed I guess. It's a wonder we did'nt include them in WoG somehow.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 27 Nov 2007, 04:06

Easy. As a matter of fact. You should too :)
I should, but I'm not that AI aware. You tell me :) How do you predict how many stacks the AI is going to split into?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 27 Nov 2007, 10:57

Banedon wrote:
Easy. As a matter of fact. You should too :)
I should, but I'm not that AI aware. You tell me :) How do you predict how many stacks the AI is going to split into?
I've answered to that question at the best 3rd lvl poll. Or you want a more precize answer?
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Nov 2007, 00:30

The AI will always try to deploy its units to get you the best covered. This is related to the AI heroes as well as netral monsters. Also AI is always having deploying phase before the battle, where it can split/merge stacks regarding anything like Tactics. (And of course seeing your army stats.)

The generall rule is as follows: "If you have low quantity of stacks AI will split into more than you. If you have many stacks AI will try to concentrate.

One of best examples is probably Undead hero with some skelies and zombies, or one big stack of anyone of them fighting horde of marksmen(which is best conf). To make you a maximall damage and hinder theirs likvidation they will split (always) into maximum number of possible stacks. These poor marksmen of course do not have any clue that you will vanish them in one turn using Death Ripple :D

The entire enemy army is evaulated and decisions are made. If you have only one stack the AI will always deploy its forces into more stacks to get you picked. Here are some arrangments which are pretty set in stone (max-min-average) but as to the rest I do not know the formula, so I cannot predict thresholds with absolute certainity.

"Rumours - Summoned Elementals"
Who will first retreat from battle of elementals tho will win.

The hero defending town winnig on elementals sometimes stay or can be rehired in Tavern. But it's not a safe bet.

"In general"
If you will help defend your AI ally in his town, you are undertaking risk finding yourself without them after then. Backpack is your safe bet.

AI vs AI fights are not exactly fair, sometime stronger is defeated with a wrong calculus within an eye twitch.

You are not deceived by your senses seeing a hero without an army. Come here confirm and enjoy the share.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 28 Nov 2007, 01:53

Pol wrote:The AI will always try to deploy its units to get you the best covered. This is related to the AI heroes as well as netral monsters. Also AI is always having deploying phase before the battle, where it can split/merge stacks regarding anything like Tactics. (And of course seeing your army stats.)

The generall rule is as follows: "If you have low quantity of stacks AI will split into more than you. If you have many stacks AI will try to concentrate.

One of best examples is probably Undead hero with some skelies and zombies, or one big stack of anyone of them fighting horde of marksmen(which is best conf). To make you a maximall damage and hinder theirs likvidation they will split (always) into maximum number of possible stacks. These poor marksmen of course do not have any clue that you will vanish them in one turn using Death Ripple :D

The entire enemy army is evaulated and decisions are made. If you have only one stack the AI will always deploy its forces into more stacks to get you picked. Here are some arrangments which are pretty set in stone (max-min-average) but as to the rest I do not know the formula, so I cannot predict thresholds with absolute certainity.
I knew of the Tactics-like phase of AI in the beginig of battle. But I'm holding on to that, that the AI will split his his troops depending on the power relation between my and his armies. And I also think, that AI enemies (not neutrals) will only split his shooters.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Nov 2007, 02:10

But I'm holding on to that, that the AI will split his his troops depending on the power relation between my and his armies.
I meant it like that, thought I tried to describe it in more circumstantial way.
And I also think, that AI enemies (not neutrals) will only split his shooters.
:D

PS Anyone knows that word gosolo is not counted like a cheat and it will allows you to leaving your command onto AI?
(If not now you are knowing it for sure)
"We made it!"

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 28 Nov 2007, 02:31

Pol wrote:
But I'm holding on to that, that the AI will split his his troops depending on the power relation between my and his armies.
I meant it like that, thought I tried to describe it in more circumstantial way.
8| Gotcha! B-)
Pol wrote:
And I also think, that AI enemies (not neutrals) will only split his shooters.
:D
Gotcha not! What's so funny? :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Nov 2007, 02:38

As you probably :tongue: noticed AI heroes usually do not divide the "grunts" unit. I think that it was planned but removed out as some sort of bug reducing. So, generally, same like the above.
"We made it!"

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 28 Nov 2007, 03:02

Ok. :D But I was so serious before... (he-he)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 28 Nov 2007, 03:05

Pol wrote: PS Anyone knows that word gosolo is not counted like a cheat and it will allows you to leaving your command onto AI?
(If not now you are knowing it for sure)
And what will be the result? Anyway I'll try that tomorrow.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Feb 2008, 03:36

Though there are few things I don't know about H3, there is one, what doesn't lets me sleep.
I was testing some allied maps for Yurian Stonebow in the past days, and it occured me that I can figure out, how AI calculates the amount of resources it sends. If 'he' sees tha I don't have a resource, than how 'he' can't see that I don't have another too, and asks me for it? And again, does it matter if I give 'him' the resource? I think not, but I was never sure.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 15 Feb 2008, 04:31

- Contrary to official documentation, regular Magi's ranged attack can penetrate castle walls just as well as Archmagi can. There are no differences between the regular mage and upgrade apart from a few minor stats (and 100 gold!) So if you're not too concerned with them having 5 HP less, consider not buying that expensive Library + Upg. Mage dwelling until much later.

- Pikemen and Halberdiers take no extra damage from Cavalry and Champion's jousting bonus.

- Black Dragons ONLY Hate Titans. They do not do any additional damage to regular Giants.

- Although a level 5 spell, Sacrifice cannot be used to resurrect Gold Dragons. :( Gold Dragons CAN be sacrificed to resurrect another stack, but goldies themselves can't be the recipient. It seems the "sacrifice" part of the spell is level 5 but the "resurrection" part is level 4.

- A bug with the Air Shield spell makes your units take more damage from Arrow Towers (Twice the damage from Expert Air Shield). A similar bug also makes your units take more damage from towers if you have the Armorer skill, by the % of your skill. Ouch!

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 16 Feb 2008, 03:09

Pol wrote:Or maybe special product of AI, heroes without units :devious:
It's not just AI - a human player can easily create a fast scout without creatures, but I will not tell you how - because it's cheating. :tongue:

You might want to know that Xarfax has reposted his list:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... enumber=19
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Feb 2008, 10:24

Vlaad II wrote:
Pol wrote:Or maybe special product of AI, heroes without units :devious:
It's not just AI - a human player can easily create a fast scout without creatures, but I will not tell you how - because it's cheating. :tongue:
I know that you know it, I read it from you. :tonguehands:
Vlaad II wrote: You might want to know that Xarfax has reposted his list:
He tripled it (to fit the tavern.txt), and although useful it's still not the original collection which he had deleted ages ago.

Therefore he's having twice much more to add, and perhaps use some more poetic sentences... here's still free space for creativity. These rumors are omitting quite bunch of things. :devious:
"We made it!"

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Feb 2008, 12:03

Pol wrote:
Vlaad II wrote: You might want to know that Xarfax has reposted his list:
He tripled it (to fit the tavern.txt), and although useful it's still not the original collection which he had deleted ages ago.

Therefore he's having twice much more to add, and perhaps use some more poetic sentences... here's still free space for creativity. These rumors are omitting quite bunch of things. :devious:
Still it could be posted here, in a single edition. Maybe someone with an account at HC.

Though there are some useful info, it still doesn't solves my AI ally concern.

BigThingWithHolesInIt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BigThingWithHolesInIt » 16 Feb 2008, 16:45

I read somewhere (I believe it was a Tavern rumor) that the Bird of Perception makes it very likely that stacks of Griffins will join you, and I also recall hearing that the same goes for Golems and the Stoic Watchman. Is this true, and if so, is there a creature that is wooed by the Emblem of Cognizance as well?

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 17 Feb 2008, 05:34

BigThingWithHolesInIt wrote:I read somewhere (I believe it was a Tavern rumor) that the Bird of Perception makes it very likely that stacks of Griffins will join you, and I also recall hearing that the same goes for Golems and the Stoic Watchman. Is this true, and if so, is there a creature that is wooed by the Emblem of Cognizance as well?
In WoG there is option for enchanting artifacts. If that option is turned of, than the Bird of Perception will give 6 Royal Griffins at the start of the week to the hero who has it equipped. The Stonic Watchman will reveal a large area of the adventure map around the hero, who has it equipped. The Emblem of Cognizance will give 15 gold for each unit that the emblem wearing hero has (on every day 1).

schiz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Was cloning angels mentioned?

Unread postby schiz » 27 Feb 2008, 05:09

You can clone a stack of angels that will be able to cast a ressurection spell. This will work even if the original stack already casted. If the stack is killed it can be repeated as long as you have the required spell points.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 27 Feb 2008, 09:11

This is just a quick note as I'm still at the Civilian Service Center and attending lazily the daily lectures :D

I've seen two or more allied CPU Heroes hiring troops in an external creature dwelling belonging to one of them, yes this applies only to CPU players and only when they are allied to one another and the Human player. Otherwise it would not be possible for them to recruite troops from that place by simple flagging the external creature dwelling to their own colour. (can be repeated every week)

I know for a fact that Human players can't touch anything that belongs to an ally. Perhaps this was left alone as a special CPU players only feature?

In a related note, the CPU players can use Whirlpools freely without risking losing troops. This is yet another less known fact considering Heroes III.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”