What was the Forge incident?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: What was the Forge incident?

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Feb 2019, 20:00

Holy crap, some serious misinformation and truth twists were posted in the early parts of this thread...

hope to see the Forge back someday too

I wonder if all the scrapped assets are sitting comfortably on Ubisoft's hard drives now. If the devs from NWC still have them, I'd personally do all I could to let them see the light of day if I was in their shoes.
Last edited by Xfing on 03 Feb 2019, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Feb 2019, 22:06

Now, I must say, that if you followed the story, that source code for AB and beyond is lost. No one have them, and that probably include most of assets. But hope dies as a last, they still could be burned on some backup CD ..this happened with some games. Chance is certainly alive..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Feb 2019, 22:58

What a shame!

To be fair though, the source code and the graphical assets and such are not the same thing. What bothers me most is that we have no visual representations of units beyond tier 3 - and those that we do have have not been reproduced faithfully by anyone thus far :( I'll always keep wondering what NWC's renditions of the modified units looked like. I'm pretty certain they were based on the regular units, as seen from the goblins and cyber zombies, but what would Juggernauts look like? No one really has any idea and there have been several reconstructions already, all of them somewhat questionable :(

Return to “Heroes I-IV”