Heroes 2

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
soupnazii
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1027
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Heroes 2

Postby soupnazii » Nov 11 2007, 20:42

thing is, ive never played H2 and its been getting kind annoying since everyone keeps talking about it as the best in the series...

anyway, i was wondering if i could maybe get one of you to send me the files over so i could give it a try, unless that would go against the piracy/other illegal activity ban on this site. (i wasnt sure...)

just pm me about it....
thanks

User avatar
Suleman
Demon
Demon
Posts: 323
Joined: 24 Dec 2005

Re: Heroes 2

Postby Suleman » Nov 11 2007, 20:45

soupnazii wrote:thing is, ive never played H2 and its been getting kind annoying since everyone keeps talking about it as the best in the series...

anyway, i was wondering if i could maybe get one of you to send me the files over so i could give it a try, unless that would go against the piracy/other illegal activity ban on this site. (i wasnt sure...)

just pm me about it....
thanks

Yeah, that's against the rules.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

User avatar
Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich
Posts: 1128
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Odense, Denmark

Postby Paulus1 » Nov 11 2007, 22:19

Image

User avatar
soupnazii
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1027
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby soupnazii » Nov 12 2007, 0:19

i guess, but i really do hate demos.. plus i dont see why there would be a demo for this game.. the whole game itself is probably smaller than half the H5 demo.

anyway, i guess ill have to wait for the game to become freely available for download cuz theres no way im gonna pay money for it.

User avatar
Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich
Posts: 1128
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Odense, Denmark

Postby Paulus1 » Nov 12 2007, 0:27

soupnazii wrote:plus i dont see why there would be a demo for this game.. the whole game itself is probably smaller than half the H5 demo.

That doesn't make it less illegal to pirate it.
I think US copyrights expire after 50 years, so good luck with waiting.
Image

User avatar
Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 1548
Joined: 23 Nov 2005
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Kristo » Nov 12 2007, 2:48

The Heroes 2 demo comes with one map: Broken Alliance. You can get quite a few games out of that one. You might see if you can get the demo to play downloaded maps as well.

Your best bet for finding it for cheap would be eBay.

User avatar
soupnazii
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1027
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby soupnazii » Nov 12 2007, 4:54

i guess ill jsut wait those 40 years.. if i happen across it for cheap i guess ill get it though...

User avatar
Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 428
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Kutjevo, Croatia

Postby Ya5MieL » Nov 12 2007, 18:14

Game is worth the money, especially with the price it has today. Waiting 40 years to save 10$ and miss great amount of gameplay time :P Not a good trade imho.

User avatar
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 4994
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The Duchy of Xicmox IV

Postby Corribus » Nov 12 2007, 18:56

Most likely you can find H2 Gold for very cheap. It would be worth every penny.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

User avatar
soupnazii
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1027
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby soupnazii » Nov 12 2007, 21:18

we'll see how things turn out. next time i have a spare 10$ maybe itll go in that direction.

User avatar
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1421
Joined: 03 Sep 2007
Location: HC/CH

Postby Corlagon » Nov 12 2007, 23:47

the whole game itself is probably smaller than half the H5 demo.


More like the whole Heroes V game is smaller than half the Heroes II single scenarios alone, never mind the campaigns.

Lap it up if you see it. Graphics aside, it's better than Heroes V.

User avatar
soupnazii
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1027
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby soupnazii » Nov 13 2007, 0:00

i meant memory-wise, as in the ammount of space it takes up on your computer.

but point taken, ill see what happens.

User avatar
Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 471
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Darmani » Nov 13 2007, 2:38

soupnazii wrote:i meant memory-wise, as in the ammount of space it takes up on your computer.

but point taken, ill see what happens.


Because there is a relation between hard-drive space and amount of content, right?

User avatar
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 15481
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The campfire .... mostly

Postby asandir » Nov 13 2007, 3:41

I hear ya on the "I'll see what happens." but let me add my recommendation, the game holds up remarkably well, even if the campaigns aren't the longest, but the scenarios are superb and oh so replayable, considering the price of this versus a new game, HII all the way
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

User avatar
klaymen
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 527
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Piestany (Slovakia)

Postby klaymen » Nov 24 2007, 19:06

Corlagon wrote:
More like the whole Heroes V game is smaller than half the Heroes II single scenarios alone, never mind the campaigns.

Lap it up if you see it. Graphics aside, it's better than Heroes V.


I fully agree, IMHO there was no better Heroes game than Heroes 2
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

User avatar
MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith
Posts: 1277
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Citadel of Frosts

Postby MistWeaver » Nov 24 2007, 20:11

Darmani wrote:
soupnazii wrote:i meant memory-wise, as in the ammount of space it takes up on your computer.

but point taken, ill see what happens.


Because there is a relation between hard-drive space and amount of content, right?


And content has a value, right? Take Vista for example - 10 gigs of absolute cr@p

User avatar
Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 471
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Darmani » Nov 25 2007, 2:56

In case you didn't realize, the post you quoted was intended sarcastically.

Of course there isn't an exceptionally strong relationship between the two. For the size of one WAV song, I can have hundreds of MIDI songs of the same length. For an even better example, look at how ginormous the HoMM V save files are despite not offering anything over save files of the past.


Return to “Heroes I-IV”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests