HoMM II: Best level 6 creature

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

In my opinion, the best level 6 creature is:

Crusader
6%
Cyclops
2%
Phoenix
21%
Black Dragon
42%
Titan
29%
Bone Dragon
No votes

Total votes: 48

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 May 2008, 15:54

That never really made sense to me, just as why are the ArchDevils, Titans in H3 so costy and such strange cost-questions.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 04 Jun 2008, 16:14

Voted for the Titan.

Although I must admit that my experience concerning H2 may not be enough to judge level 6 creatures the way that could be called strictly scientific. Finishing Roland's campaign and half of the PoL campaigns doesn't make a champion. Not just yet. But I've always liked high level shooters...

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 04 Jun 2008, 17:03

Muszka wrote:That never really made sense to me, just as why are the ArchDevils, Titans in H3 so costy and such strange cost-questions.
Archdevils: Agreed, and this is why I gave them some needed HP and damage buffs in my patch - that way now at least they can successfully duel Archangels if they get the first attack. No-retaliation is a good ability in duels but loses some value in a real battle.

H3 Titans: They are clearly worth EVERY penny. Why can't you see that?
They have double the base damage of their H2 brothers (which were no slouches either).
If they attack Black Dragons first, they WILL defeat them.
They can shoot: they ARE a threat even if they never cross their side of the battlefield. They don't have gimped stats for being a shooter (compare to the closest shooter in power, Cyclops King, with the stats of level 6 walker creatures. Do the same for monks, mages, evil eyes, etc.. they all get weaker stats because they shoot, but not Titans.
And unlike Archangels, Archdevils, Ancient Behemoths, and Chaos Hydras, they are immune to Blind.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 04 Jun 2008, 22:52

Yes they are good, that wasn't my problem, but they are with 1K gold more expensive than Black Dragons or Gold Dragons, and in Heroes life is speed, speed is life, also they are only 1 gem cheaper than Archangels, they can't even cross the battlefield in one turn. OK they are faster than A-Behemoths or C-Hydras, and they can shoot but those units are more cheaper too.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 04 Jun 2008, 23:23

Black Dragon.

Good 'ol him.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 05 Jun 2008, 02:02

Over my recent playing, I've changed my mind on this. I've now decided that, even if they don't look and sound as cool, Paladins give more bang for the buck than Crusaders. They lesser speed can serve in their favor too -- more things can soak up the retaliation to let the fragile Paladins unleash the full two attacks without losing any between the two.

If I'm playing 1v1, of course I'd still upgrade to Crusaders if I can, but if I'm playing Knight and conquer another castle or am playing another faction and conquer a Knight castle, that upgrade is going to be very low priority. Unless I'm playing against Necro, of course.

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 12 Jun 2008, 12:01

Voted Titan. Ranged units are very strong in H2 (partly compensated by flying units that can cross the field in 1 move). Also, I would like to point that 1 vs 1 fights are more complicated that it seems at first sight. For example 1 Titan vs 1 black Dragon, many times it will be a draw since after some hits both HP are lowered enough that 2 consecutive hits will kill the creature. So it's not an option to attack but defend instead and the other has to defend too :). Of course both players should be humans :).

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 12 Jun 2008, 14:42

Titans can actually defeat Black Dragons 1v1 if the hero has Expert Archery and they attack first (everything else being equal). Getting that first unretaliated shot in is enough to tilt the duel in their favor.

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 12 Jun 2008, 16:25

That duel isn't really fully meaningful unless both players can use spells (such as Dragon Slayer ;) ).

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 26 Jun 2008, 16:49

voted cyclops

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 27 Jun 2008, 17:43

Voted Black Dragon.

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 27 Jun 2008, 18:28

Deni wrote:voted cyclops
Since you are the first to do so, we'd like to hear your reasons.

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 27 Jun 2008, 21:02

I like how it looks then I like that red beam attack and the chance to paralyze

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 27 Jun 2008, 21:32

Yeah, but unlike the H3 individual heroes polls, this isn't "favourite Level 6", but "Best Level 6" and as such a very debatable choice.

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 27 Jun 2008, 23:05

I really think that cyclops is the best, but of course I am not experenced homm player as you guys.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”