Your Favorite 4th lvl creature

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Whats your favorite 4th lvl creature

Titan/Dragon Golem
19%
Faerie Dragon/Phoenix
19%
Black Dragon/Hydra
25%
Bone Dragon/Devil
6%
Thunderbird/Behemoth
3%
Angel/Champion
27%

Total votes: 67

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jan 2006, 12:50

Symeon Star-Eyes wrote:Perhaps the poll should have been/should be expanded with one entry for EVERY lvl 4 creature?
My vote would go to the Mantis. But as it's not here, I voted Titan. Always loved it.
It cant go at and above 12 poll options you know. Unless we let it be as it is and add 5 more poll options that is, but only mods/admins can do that.

Oh ay! Sorry about not including the mantis, the gargantuan, the gnasher, the mega drake and all the others, my mind was a bit clouded when I made this poll :devious: :D

Symeon Star-Eyes
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Symeon Star-Eyes » 31 Jan 2006, 13:00

Orfinn wrote:
Symeon Star-Eyes wrote:Perhaps the poll should have been/should be expanded with one entry for EVERY lvl 4 creature?
My vote would go to the Mantis. But as it's not here, I voted Titan. Always loved it.
It cant go at and above 12 poll options you know. Unless we let it be as it is and add 5 more poll options that is, but only mods/admins can do that.

Oh ay! Sorry about not including the mantis, the gargantuan, the gnasher, the mega drake and all the others, my mind was a bit clouded when I made this poll :devious: :D
Ah, wasn't aware of that. Sorry. But perhaps the poll could be as it is, only add Mantis to Phoenix/Faerie Dragon, and add six options for the add-on creatures? (12 poll options is ok, right?)

Edit: Don't know where my head is... 11 options is max. ok. Have to run.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 13:27

Well there could be just one more option eternal creatures,and matis added to the phoenix/faerie dragon

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 03 Feb 2006, 16:09

I would vote mantis, as IMO its great and nice creature :D

As for poll I've chosen Angel, it's my #2. It is really good unit despite opinions of some people.

My #3 is T-bird, the best-looking unit in H4 :)

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 03 Feb 2006, 17:09

vote Angels
No particular reason, other than I seem to be playing the Haven a ton.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 03 Feb 2006, 17:28

Actually... I would vote for any and all of them given if I were playing that allignment.

As far as sentimental favorites...
Black Dragon in HOMM1-2 (actually the Warlock town in general)

HOMM3 I'd go with Titans (only because I hated the addition of Angels - and did not appreciate the "new" Warlock town.

For HOMM4 my sentimental favorite is the Mantis, but Angels, FDragons and Phoenixes are all really cool.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

IceCold2000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IceCold2000 » 04 Feb 2006, 01:07

Vote the Nature duo.

Fairy dragons are insane nightmares for enemies, while phoenixes are the speed demons.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 04 Feb 2006, 01:58

Titans. I love ranged troops and titans are also durable enough to hold the front line and can be buffed.

GOW

Vulcanic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vulcanic » 06 Feb 2006, 00:44

Mantises are good, and gargantuans are also good, but I like the way the titan smashes his fist together when you highlight over him and the lightning bolt he fires.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Feb 2006, 01:33

I voted for the Phoenix/Fairy, even though I secretly mean the mantis and the gargantuan. :devious:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 06 Feb 2006, 10:33

Well, only Gargantuan has been mentioned from TGS creatures, but there also from WOW. The poll has omitted them. <boo hoo>

IMO dark champion is also great creature, which is worth of recruiting. Strong, quite fast, dark:), really nice abilities.

Gnashers look like very nice. And forgetting about berserk it's probably the best 4th lev. unit (considering growth, cost, skills)

Just waiting for Equilibris with Megadragon dwelling:) Mighty dragons will rock again.

Catapult is interesting one. Mabye not powerful, but I like the way they shoot fireballs.

bethrezen_2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen_2 » 06 Feb 2006, 11:13

I vote for angels, but Evil Sorccer i like most!---better that Faerie Dragons

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 06 Feb 2006, 11:24

Permit me to say that Evil Sorceresses are GODLIKE overpowered, and should absolutely be a banned creature :D

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Feb 2006, 14:43

Banedon wrote:Permit me to say that Evil Sorceresses are GODLIKE overpowered, and should absolutely be a banned creature :D
I suppose your comment was tongue in cheek, but I'll proceed to reply anyway. The evil sorceress really is an incredibly potent spellcaster, with better spells than the fairy dragon, but we must keep in mind that she's very weak at only 100 hit points.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 07 Feb 2006, 03:13

Even so, their strengths more than compensate for their weaknesses. I'd much rather have 1 Evil Sorceress than perhaps any other creature.

Fyl
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fyl » 07 Feb 2006, 04:07

Mantis, Titans, Garga

but since the 1st and 3rd are not there and Titans come in combo w/ Dragon Golems, out of those 6 combos the Faerie/Phoenix is the best

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 10 Feb 2006, 09:34

Voted Black Dragon

But i really had a tough time deciding over the Bone Dragon, cause in heroes 4 those bonies are so powerfull. Also the Evil Sorceress is great.

SmokingBarrel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SmokingBarrel » 11 Feb 2006, 08:32

Banedon wrote:. I'd much rather have 1 Evil Sorceress than perhaps any other creature.
I'd rather a 1 dark champion. If you have imps they can steal mana too. However, I gotta admit evil socerers are unstoppable, not godlike. :)

Sigh...what a poor lookout for bone dragons and devils...

Vulcanic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vulcanic » 11 Feb 2006, 11:23

Eh bur, not too poor a lookout for them, they're still powerful. but the *evil* sorcereses are definitely gawdlike.

SmokingBarrel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SmokingBarrel » 11 Feb 2006, 11:38

They only have 100 hp, and they can't reflect AOE spells, can they? A few whacks by anyone and they are dead. ( Can they reflect a terror back on dark champions?)

Ok, their spells are out of this world tough, but there are still ways to defeat them.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”