Best ever SONG in HIV?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Best ever SONG in HIV?

Unread postby Elwin » 03 Oct 2007, 21:57

Heroes IV has the best (although Heroes III had more nolstagic themes) songs in my opinion out of every other Heroes game ever created, so what do you think is your favourite HIV song EVER? (and not just the town themes either).
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Oct 2007, 22:16

I pretty liked underground theme. Though it's short and a bit of monotone after hours of hearing to it. Still it was first song what catched my attention here. It's good. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 03 Oct 2007, 22:20

Very tough choice... For me it's probably Combat Theme 6, but I like them all, really. The adventure map themes are simply beautiful. The Credits theme and the Main Menu theme (of vanilla H4) deserve special credit, as well.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 03 Oct 2007, 23:26

The credit theme is just a cheap parody of Mozart.

Really, the only H4 songs I think are good are the town themes, the Water theme, and the title screen theme. Of those, I'd lean towards the Academy theme.

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 04 Oct 2007, 02:33

woah there are six combat themes? Can someone post links of them up on this board because I'm too lazy to listen to them in da game right now...

I'm pretty sure that Swamp and Sand themes are the same, while the grass, dry / lush themes are just a longer version of da one that plays on dirt / moss terrain right? The subterranean, volcanic, and ice terrain songs are all different I guess.
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

lordskeleton
Pixie
Pixie
Location: Sweden (You know, polar bears, close to switzerland)

Unread postby lordskeleton » 04 Oct 2007, 16:42

water, always
"Every enemy I've met I've annihilated!"
"Ehm.. Oh yeah?... well... eh... You fight like a cow!"

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Oct 2007, 21:17

Water. With winter second.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Oct 2007, 22:49

TheUndeadKing wrote:Very tough choice... For me it's probably Combat Theme 6, but I like them all, really. The adventure map themes are simply beautiful. The Credits theme and the Main Menu theme (of vanilla H4) deserve special credit, as well.
My favorite music in Heroes IV is also a Combat Theme. It starts out with a slow drum beat which gets progressively faster. It's really great. Gets the adrenaline rushing and the blood moving … just what is needed for a tough battle. I'm not sure if it's the Combat Theme 6 or another, but it's my favorite.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Oct 2007, 11:06

I'd say the HoMM IV town themes fade in comparison to some of its best adventure map themes.

Grass is one of the very best from all five games, really makes the game atmospheric. Snow, sand, dirt... all great.

The main menu music is good, that from TGS is also quite good, but the one from WoW gets annoying rather quickly.

But yes, water is the best.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 05 Oct 2007, 22:07

Elwin wrote:woah there are six combat themes? Can someone post links of them up on this board because I'm too lazy to listen to them in da game right now...
You can extract the music tracks (in MP3 format) by using this program:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm4/ ... 32.006.zip
HodgePodge wrote:My favorite music in Heroes IV is also a Combat Theme. It starts out with a slow drum beat which gets progressively faster. It's really great. Gets the adrenaline rushing and the blood moving … just what is needed for a tough battle. I'm not sure if it's the Combat Theme 6 or another, but it's my favorite.
I believe we're talking about the same music track. :) You, too, can extract the music tracks and listen to them for yourself (see above). The exact name of the track is sound.combat.music.6.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Guarderman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Guarderman » 06 Oct 2007, 19:22

i think it's must be the order town music

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 07 Oct 2007, 23:09

so can you tell me where i can extract / listen to H4 music on my pc.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Oct 2007, 23:29

Look back a few posts; TheUndeadKing already provided the link for the extractor.

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 02 Nov 2007, 22:43

sorry for trying to revive this old topic and call me an idiot if you will but....which is the file that contains all the H4 music (like the file that says "MP3" in HIII) I can't find it and yes call me an idiot if you want this is such an embarassing question cuz I'm a computer noob and my specialty is definitely not computers.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Nov 2007, 23:10

Don't worry about it, Elwin. The file is called music.h4r and is in your /Data folder. Have fun! :-D

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 03 Nov 2007, 01:39

yes, i know that file. how come the icon beside it is a symbol of realplayer instead of a yellow document-resembling file? furthermore i select "Open With..." on that file and it doesn't show anything suitable for music?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Nov 2007, 01:55

Ah, yes, here it comes Elwin :D - you cannot directly play music from the h4r file. You need to get it out first.

Two extractors can be located on our page. And both work, either Extractor/Builder or Extractor

Once you download, extract, open the extractor, pick the music.h4r and let it copy out all desired mp3. Should be it :tsup:

PS Umm, don't bother with the icon it does mean only that RealPlayer is very agile in grabbin all free 'most likely supported' extension. This is obviously its error. - It cannot open this one, no matter what.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 03 Nov 2007, 02:00

yay good things the moderators are helpful on this board not like the silent ones we find on other websites that do nothing but go around modding people.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Nov 2007, 02:08

Everyone's doing what he can :D
"We made it!"

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Elwin » 03 Nov 2007, 03:38

so after listening to a bunch of tunes here is what I think of each of them:

Combat music: 1 is good and it is long. I personally don't like 2-4 and 6 but 1 and 5 are the best. 5 being my favourite because it really gets you fighting with the "evil" melody of the song.

Landscape theme: Grass is way too long. The only good ones are water, dirt, and winter. Dirt being my favourite cuz the harmonica and flute in it is awesome!

Town themes: Life, Chaos, and Nature are definitely out. Death is good and Might can also get annoying. But Order.......yep, its the best one.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”