where can i download heroes iv music?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

where can i download heroes iv music?

Unread postby Elwin » 24 Sep 2007, 23:28

i'm looking for the one that plays whenever you step on the moss terrain on the world map. and a few others, too, but is there a certain page where you can find it all?
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 25 Sep 2007, 02:20

If you have H4, then you can extract the MP3s yourself. There's a program somewhere on the Internet that opens up H4R files which you can use to open the one with the music. I can't remember where that is, though you can try seeing if 7-Zip can open it as one of the types of archives it can open.

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 25 Sep 2007, 11:13

Darmani wrote:There's a program somewhere on the Internet that opens up H4R files which you can use to open the one with the music. I can't remember where that is
Try the extractor linked in the FAQ.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 26 Sep 2007, 16:46

I noticed that one of the tracks in H4 is background music from warlords battlecry. I guess ubi wanted cheap music and took it from their other game. :)

P.S. Wait, h4 was not ubis... hmmm... ah well, the music is same anyway

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 26 Sep 2007, 18:37

Ya5MieL wrote:I noticed that one of the tracks in H4 is background music from warlords battlecry. I guess ubi wanted cheap music and took it from their other game. :)
Well, it's not all that unusual. The most famous and memorable theme from Baldur's Gate is an exact copy of Henry Mancini's Lifeforce. One of the tracks on orchestral version of Shenmue soundtrack sounds exactly like Jerry Goldsmith's First Knight. One of the boss music tracks in Metal Slug series is apparently a copy of Richard Joseph's theme music from Chaos Engine. Etc.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”