Heroes 3: List of original maps

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Sep 2007, 21:13

ThunderTitan wrote:
Pol wrote: That's a mystery - so common name and anyone else didn't accidentally created such map. ;|
No, marketplace is a common name... market palace sounds like something an overzealous salesman might dream of when high.
Never heard about Microsoft? :-D

PS How it was looked previously wasn't bad too.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 25 Sep 2007, 01:26

I have a list of 31 maps that were in the gold version of H2, but not in the original or the compendium. I submitted a zip file with the maps to be added to CH, but they felt it was best to not host it. I messaged UndeadHalfOrc with an offer to mail them to him, but I never recieved a reply. The zip file is just over 3 Megs.

Here's a post with details on the H2 Maps.
viewtopic.php?t=7093&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Sep 2007, 12:51

I added a directory with my 3do altered maps. The changes vary from filling the gaps and errors to allied modification. The most heavy modified map is Realm of Chaos (which is called 8Realm in my alteration). That's my 'flag ship'.

repaired
Pandora's Box

allied
Myth and LegendA
Serpents TreasureA (original lost, this is quick rehack)

allied and tuned up
seWen_3v2 (seven3)
8-Realms-162f (Realm of Chaos)

They are all here. and classic extra 3DO maps are here

A classic...

from AB
Myth and Legend.h3m
SEVEN3.h3m

from first RoE patch
WarlordsA.h3m
Crimson and CloverA.h3m
Divided LoyaltiesA.h3m
Emerald IslesA.h3m
Realm of ChaosA.h3m
Rumble in the BogsA.h3m
Barbarian BreakoutA.h3m
Last edited by Pol on 25 Sep 2007, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 25 Sep 2007, 13:32

Capt_Tripps wrote:I have a list of 31 maps that were in the gold version of H2, but not in the original or the compendium. I submitted a zip file with the maps to be added to CH, but they felt it was best to not host it. I messaged UndeadHalfOrc with an offer to mail them to him, but I never recieved a reply. The zip file is just over 3 Megs.

Here's a post with details on the H2 Maps.
viewtopic.php?t=7093&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=
Hi,

Sorry, but I received no PM from you, did you use my hotmail address?
(anostf.at.hotmail.com)

In any case, Avonu just sent me the Wizard land maps through hotmail. Thanks!

I have the original Myth and Legend map from RoE, if anyone wants it.

Edited to protect your address, at least minimally.
--Pol

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 26 Sep 2007, 16:43

I wanted to do similar thing in the past, to collect all official maps (sort of like sticker or card collection) :p

I have downloaded some of the maps provided here, but i noticed the Seven3 map has some typos and illogical setups... are you surre thats official map?

I would like that myths and legends. Can you email it? Adress should be in my profile.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 26 Sep 2007, 16:55

Ya5MieL wrote: I would like that myths and legends. Can you email it? Adress should be in my profile.
Better than that, I just placed on my small website
http://pages.infinit.net/plague/MythLegend.zip

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 26 Sep 2007, 17:13

Ok, I have just examined the H2 gold maps that Capt Tripps sent me.

They did feel familiar. Now I remembered. Every single one of them was available on the AstralWizard site back in 1997-1998. I think that back then, I downloaded almost all of those but erased them at some point (probably while uninstalling H2, or changing hard disk). NWC picked the maps with the highest ratings on AW's site.

Wind_Falcon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wind_Falcon » 15 Aug 2013, 00:47

Just finished comparing the Complete maps folder with RoE install patched to latest version + AB install patched to latest version + SoD install patched to latest version maps folder.

The only map that Complete was missing was Myth and Legend, while having two maps not present in the stacked install - Carpe Diem (the stacked install had only the Allied version) and Race for the Town.

Also the map Faeries may have been updated in Complete, as it is 0,1 KB bigger, the only map with a different size than it's stacked install counterpart.

Total number of NWC maps is 159, not counting the Tutorial.

Sorry for bumping the thread.

Bersaglio
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bersaglio » 15 Aug 2013, 07:36

Wind_Falcon wrote:...
You compared them wrong.
Proper comparison should be as following
1. Carpe Diem and Race for the Town maps are present in original SoD 3.0! (everybody knows that SoD official patches have a bug due to which these maps are getting accidentally deleted during patch 3.1 or 3.2 installation). You need to backup these maps prior patching and restore them after.
2. Carpe Diem map in Complete is newer than in SoD 3.0. (Race for the Town map is identical between SoD 3.0 and Complete).
3. Myth and Legend map is only present in original RoE 1.0. Official patch 1.1 will fix it and update it to newer version. Remember that only official 1.1 RoE patch will fix map errors. 1.0-1.3 and 1.0-1.4 patches will not fix maps due to a bug.
4. Faeries map is outdated in Complete edition. Official AB patch v2.1 will fix the error in this map.
5. One Bad Day - Allied map is outdated in Complete edition too. SoD 3.0 contains a newer version of this map.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Aug 2013, 19:03

An easy and pretty surefire way to tell whether some files are different or not is to run md5sum over one directory and give the log to md5sum running over the other directory. It will point out any discrepancies.

Well, that said, md5sum is only shipped by default on Linux. You need to download its equivalent from the MS download site to use it on Windows.

Wind_Falcon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wind_Falcon » 16 Aug 2013, 08:45

Bersaglio wrote:
Wind_Falcon wrote:...
You compared them wrong.
Proper comparison should be as following
1. Carpe Diem and Race for the Town maps are present in original SoD 3.0! (everybody knows that SoD official patches have a bug due to which these maps are getting accidentally deleted during patch 3.1 or 3.2 installation). You need to backup these maps prior patching and restore them after.
2. Carpe Diem map in Complete is newer than in SoD 3.0. (Race for the Town map is identical between SoD 3.0 and Complete).
3. Myth and Legend map is only present in original RoE 1.0. Official patch 1.1 will fix it and update it to newer version. Remember that only official 1.1 RoE patch will fix map errors. 1.0-1.3 and 1.0-1.4 patches will not fix maps due to a bug.
4. Faeries map is outdated in Complete edition. Official AB patch v2.1 will fix the error in this map.
5. One Bad Day - Allied map is outdated in Complete edition too. SoD 3.0 contains a newer version of this map.
Only thing left is to have a link to the updated Myth and Legend (1.1), Faeries (2.1) and One Bad Day - Allied (3.0) (because searching for patches that don't update to the latest version of the games is a pain) so that anyone interested can easily put them in their Complete maps folder.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”