HOMM IV spell book problem

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
mmmongo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HOMM IV spell book problem

Unread postby mmmongo » 28 Jan 2006, 15:40

I haven't seen this elsewhere on this forum, so I wonder if it's not a widespread problem...

When I view available spell, or even spells in a heroe's spellbook...there sis a spell description and then below it what appears to be somethig telling me how many points of damage my hero would cause by casting it.

But instead of getting

"Bob casting Magic Fist would cause 25 points of damage"

I get

"%hero_name casting %spell_name would cause %hit_points of damage"

Anyone seen this happen? Any idea what is causing the fields to not populate correctly?

Also in the spellbook, there is a big box under each specific spell icon, there is a big box either empty or with a small "x" in it. Is this normal, or probably part of the same problem mentioned above? If normal, what the heck is it supposed to mean?

And FINALLY, anyone with NEW info on how to install the patches? Yes I have the US version, and yes I have reinstalled....but running the 2.2 to 3.0 patch refuses to work. Didn't know if a breakthru had been made by anyone.

Thanks in advance

Mongo

JurK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JurK » 29 Jan 2006, 02:04

what system are u running on? have u tried reinstalling? does this appear at all spells? ure a little unclear, so be clearer and i might consider to help u ;D

Return to “Heroes I-IV”