I have a question on "A Pirate's Daughter" campaig

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

I have a question on "A Pirate's Daughter" campaig

Unread postby Elwin » 01 Aug 2007, 01:34

The first scenario always stumps me. I've been trying to complete every campaign in Heroes IV and I just can't seem to get past this first scenario, the barbarian castle west of my chaos always keeps attacking with like 20 Thunderbirds at once and Yenathrae has like 40 Faerie Dragons by month 5. Am I just doing something wrong, or is this just my bad luck?

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 01 Aug 2007, 04:42

If you move faster and/or focus on training Tawni in Combat rather than Scouting, the map (and the whole campaign, in fact) will be much easier.

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 01 Aug 2007, 10:18

I try to lure barbarian hero and troops out of town and you can defeat them easy outside...the most important is to capture chaos castle fast...

p.s.: is a long map and i choose to buy another hero with chaos magic ...it help a lot !

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 09 Aug 2007, 09:07

Or you could go straight to the Barbarian town closest to the landing point (it has fewer defenders) and only after you buy some Cyclops you take the Chaos town. It worked for me! ;)

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 19 Aug 2007, 16:38

Training Tawni and Girly as Rangers at first since combat is key.

First map... okay to send a lone bandit for the seaman's cap to hand off to tawni/girly who should join, visit the learning stone, capture the sulfur mine and jump in the boat. Land to flag/pickup the troops on the way to land and then make a bee-line for that barbarian town just passed the chaos town and try to get there before AI. Try not to fight anything until you get to Barbarian town.

For the Campaign...

I'd actually to try to GM (grand master) Pathfinding since it allows you to cover a lot of ground and helps you level up faster as well as take over mines and towns at an extremely fast rate.

At first take only pathfinding for both heroes unless it's not offered in which case you should take Scouting and ignore Seamanship and Stealth. In fact, keep in mind that you might prefer to stay "thief" until you can GM in Pathfinding and then take combat skills to become rangers. After you GM in at least one combat skill you might think about cross-training to switch Advance Class to either Firegaurd or General (Combat + Chaos/Tactics) but I'd wait untiul you GM Pathfinding, Combat and one other Combat secondary skill before taking non-combat skills.

Give Tawni all the level-ups since she'd your main hero. That also means that you will be learning Tactics and Chaos magic since those are the tomes offered. A good rule of thumb is to go... Pathfinding + Scouting (ignore other Scouting skills) + Combat/Chaos/Tactics + Life Magic. I always take the skill offered at a higher level since my goal is to GM in as many skills as possible instead of learning as many skills as possible. I don't take random offered skills as buildings unless I want to advance that one to GM. The only exception is Life Magic. Giving a GM Combat hero Bind Wound makes the campaign much easier.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2007, 20:21

I only finally beat it on easy... and only because the AI was stupid enough to leave the final castle when i was close.

You don't really need to hold the chaos town, just lvl up your heroes and try solving the quest.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Tawni Balfour

Unread postby Elwin » 24 Aug 2007, 12:55

Okay I beat this campaign on intermediate, however all I did was teach Tawni Balfour some Nature magic while Pete all the scouting and there, Tawni breezed through scenario 3 and scenario 4 by herself. I was amazed that in scenario 4 she and Tawni did the entire scenario by herself, I mean Pete had 100 Hydras so I just summoned like some Faerie Dragons and repeatdly cast confuse on the Hydras while Tawni summons more Mantises....meanwhile all Cycra did is cast Confuse on the Evil Eyes.

For the mermaid battle I made Tawni summon like 55 Mantises + Dragon Strength + Giant Strength and they killed all 350 Mermaids in one hit....Mantises did over 20,000+ damage.
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”