A noob veteran

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Overman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A noob veteran

Unread postby Overman » 09 Jul 2007, 12:20

Ive been playing the HOMM series (except IV) since its inception almost a decade ago.

I recently returned to my fav of the series (III), playing through all the campaigns.

Problem is, Im on the first scenario of 'Foolhardy Waywardness' (Lost at Sea), and I cannot remember how I won on it.

I build up my initial stronghold and flee with as much of a force as possible, as the powerful AI comes charging south after about 3 weeks.

I try for the NW stronghold repeatedly, but keep getting engaged and defeated by the wandering AI armies. If I take the brick road to the east, Im met by the powerful Fortress hero...which subsequently kicks my arse.

Any suggestions?

:tired:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jul 2007, 13:34

Heh, no I forget that too. Something is saying me, that somewhere must be the quide. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 09 Jul 2007, 14:06

IIRC, the best way was to collect all joining troops in starting area, perhaps get woodmill and orepit and move north. On one road to north is an event that gives you the lionhearth's shiled (or whatever was its name). Pick it up for good stats boost and go for the fortress. It should be fairly easy to take the fortress by the end of very first week. Starting town you cannot build up enough anyway, so why to try? With fortress you can defend yourself more easily and get stronger armies.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”