Hero portraits through the games [PICTURES!]

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jul 2007, 11:43

gravyluvr wrote: MEPHALA
Image VS. Image
Her hair looks more real in 3 and the shadow over her ears adds to the mystique. But she's hot in both...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 04 Jul 2007, 13:14

Her hair looks more real in 3 and the shadow over her ears adds to the mystique. But she's hot in both...
I disagree with you there. Mephala is a bit too much of an elf to be hot.

I prefer humans, since they are rounder and less sharp. Am I the only player of fantasy games, that actually fails to find elves sexy?
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 04 Jul 2007, 14:13

Bandobras Took wrote: And as a side note, if you feel that the Heroes 4 portraits are not the most successful when they deviate least from the H3 portraits, you should probably get rid of the portraits of Adelaide, Calh, and Bron in your preceding post, since they're almost direct rips of the H3 portraits. :)
Why? You thought I posted my favourites? All those Heroes 4 portraits were good looking portraits and that's why I posted them. Now I don't say that some of the "reprint" portraits weren't on the top but I feel many of the newer faces are also good. You presume too much.

By the way, maybe you should turn your monitor darker or increase contrast if you have problem with too "pale" colours. ;)
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jul 2007, 17:23

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote: I disagree with you there. Mephala is a bit too much of an elf to be hot.

I prefer humans, since they are rounder and less sharp. Am I the only player of fantasy games, that actually fails to find elves sexy?
I didn't even know she was one until H4 (no ears in 3)... and i've seen humans that resemble her, so you're just crazy. GET HELP. :devil:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Jul 2007, 17:55

Here is my all time favorite picture of any Hero in all of the games. He's a Gnoll and is just so cute and cuddly. :-D I just hope he escaped from the Reckoning and is living somewhere in luxurious bliss.

………………… Image …………………
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 04 Jul 2007, 19:03

I didn't even know she was one until H4 (no ears in 3)... and i've seen humans that resemble her, so you're just crazy. GET HELP. devil
Women that look like mephala (narrow face, pointed chin) are not rated by me as being attractive. But you disagree with me, which is alright.
Here is my all time favorite picture of any Hero in all of the games. He's a Gnoll and is just so cute and cuddly. big smile I just hope he escaped from the Reckoning and is living somewhere in luxurious bliss.
He's a Gnoll, the whole lot died in the reckoning.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 04 Jul 2007, 19:18

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:He's a Gnoll, the whole lot died in the reckoning.
How do you know? We haven't seen any, but that could be because not many survived.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Jul 2007, 19:53

HodgePodge wrote:Image …………………
Actually, he always reminded me of the guy in a dog suit in The Shining.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 04 Jul 2007, 20:06

How do you know? We haven't seen any, but that could be because not many survived.
Unless there was some particular reason why Gnolls were killed in expecially large numbers by the reckoning, it is quite likely that Gnolls all went to a different other world, when they stepped through the portals.

Or maybe entering the portals was fatal to the Gnolls. Nobody knows.

Since the reckoning is a clash of fundermental principles and their champions (Chaos and Order), maybe all the Gnolls and Lizardmen, plus things like Gold and Green Dragons, were simply ripped to shreds.

Beacause those creatures, were in some sense contradictory in their basic magical nature, the Reckoning destroyed them outright.

Only creatures that were not contradictory, things like Black Dragons and Fearie Dragons and Hydras (being the kind of poles of Dragonkind) survived.

Green, Gold and Red Dragons, being in between the poles, were destroyed, were ripped into shreds.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Jul 2007, 20:55

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:He's a Gnoll, the whole lot died in the reckoning.
I always like to think the Gnoll race made it through the Portals into the new world. Finding that the Swampy regions were in remote areas, the Gnolls decided to become a peace loving people and give up warfare.
Angelspit wrote:Actually, he always reminded me of the guy in a dog suit in The Shining.
Image ………… vs ………… Image

No resemblence whatsoever! :rofl:

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 04 Jul 2007, 21:02

I always like to think the Gnoll race made it through the Portals into the new world. Finding that the Swampy regions were in remote areas, the Gnolls decided to become a peace loving people and give up warfare.
So we now have a race of furry womble like creatures living in Swamps.

Hydra-Food. The next time I have Hydras that are hungry, I will remember that there are peace-loving Gnolls just waiting to be eaten.

I think they would make a nice furry snack. With the increased food supply, my Hydras will breed at a greater rate.

As a result, at the price of the sacrifice of the Gnoll Race, I will have a vast army of Hydras. With them I shall conquer map after map, until the whole world is mine!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Jul 2007, 21:54

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:So we now have a race of furry womble like creatures living in Swamps.

Hydra-Food. The next time I have Hydras that are hungry, I will remember that there are peace-loving Gnolls just waiting to be eaten.

I think they would make a nice furry snack. With the increased food supply, my Hydras will breed at a greater rate.

As a result, at the price of the sacrifice of the Gnoll Race, I will have a vast army of Hydras. With them I shall conquer map after map, until the whole world is mine!
HA!! You're forgetting about the Gorgons (Death Stare) Wyrvens (Poison Attack) Lizardmen (Ranged Attack) and Dragonflies (Really, Really FAST!) These creatures haven't given up the ancient art of warfare and are still quite friendly with the Gnolls. :proud:

Mwwhhaaa! Your army of slow-poke Hydras will be mincemeat before they even reach the other side of the battlefield! :rip:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 04 Jul 2007, 22:38

Gnolls certanly survived. If you explore the editor, you can see that a Gnoll bank was planned, and probably the wholegnoll race.

As to what happened to theme, well they might have been so desecrated that they can't even raise the smallest outlaw bands. It shall take decades until the race restores itself. Until then: hide and wait.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 Jul 2007, 07:30

I always assumed the Gnolls lived on in the Beastmaster Huts that give you a Might skill. The Might Heroes of 3, were, after all Beastmasters, and Gnolls formed at least a portion of them.

Personally, though, I was always kind of a fan of Styg. I go more for hairless girls with skulls and glowing eyes. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 05 Jul 2007, 11:28

HA!! You're forgetting about the Gorgons (Death Stare) Wyrvens (Poison Attack) Lizardmen (Ranged Attack) and Dragonflies (Really, Really FAST!) These creatures haven't given up the ancient art of warfare and are still quite friendly with the Gnolls. proud

Mwwhhaaa! Your army of slow-poke Hydras will be mincemeat before they even reach the other side of the battlefield! tombstone
Ummm, I think you'll find they have, since I haven't met any.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Jul 2007, 12:49

My favorite girl from any homm game gotta be

Jadne

also Wolfric is a cool fella

Love his bio :D

I find the H3 portraits too foggy and blurry for my taste but they are okay.
The ones from H4 are sharper and focuses more on the hero itself than adding a disturbing background
Last edited by Orfinn on 07 Jul 2007, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Jul 2007, 12:52

Orffin, AOH's pics are copyrighted and most people on the forums can't see theme.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Jul 2007, 14:47

How can you copyright something you don't own?! They're just protected against direct links, most likely a bandwidth saving measure.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 05 Jul 2007, 18:24

ThunderTitan wrote:How can you copyright something you don't own?! They're just protected against direct links, most likely a bandwidth saving measure.
I own Mephala. I bought her virginity from a Russian web site!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 05 Jul 2007, 20:14

I own Mephala. I bought her virginity from a Russian web site!
You pervy thing. :ill: :ill: :ill:

Return to “Heroes I-IV”