Draconic walkthrough

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
godofwar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Draconic walkthrough

Unread postby godofwar » 25 Jun 2007, 21:09

Can someone help me find Draconic 1-2 & WoW walkthroughs? Thanks!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Draconic walkthrough

Unread postby HodgePodge » 26 Jun 2007, 00:35

godofwar wrote:Can someone help me find Draconic 1-2 & WoW walkthroughs? Thanks!
If you really need a walkthrough, you should probably send Veldrynus a private message; as he is the creator of these maps.

Mostly, I would say to keep on exploring, find the Keymaster Tents, save up some gold and go through the portal to the underground prison. There are Heroes of every alignment imprisioned there, if you would just bail them out of jail.

Draconic is a very long and complex map. Keep exploring and you'll find your way through. Some very tough battles and mind-boggling quests.

Good Luck & Have Fun! :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 26 Jun 2007, 19:13

You shouldn't encounter any problems with Draconic. The map is fairly straightforward, you just keep going ahead. It's worth spending gold to upgrade your heroes in the "city area" (to the SE, if I remember correctly).

Charles J Lee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Is Draconic that fun?

Unread postby Charles J Lee » 09 Jul 2007, 16:28

I've played most of the best user-made scenarios on H4. But Draconic stumps me. I'm finding it fairly ok on Advanced, but it's a huge map and there doesn't seem to be any storyline.

Am I doing something 'wrong'? NWCPrometheus reveals a beautiful map, but it feels very boring.

If anyone has played Charley Watkins' Sinbad back in H2, now that was a map filled with constant adventures. Or Minotaur Myths by Sarvi Engelhardt, where you got constant attacks. Since Veldrynus' maps get a high rating, I'm just wondering if I'm not properly 'triggering' events.
Charles Lee, Global Storyteller. Author of Birthright, co-Author of The Z Organization.

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Is Draconic that fun?

Unread postby pepak » 14 Jul 2007, 13:43

Charles J Lee wrote:I've played most of the best user-made scenarios on H4. But Draconic stumps me. I'm finding it fairly ok on Advanced, but it's a huge map and there doesn't seem to be any storyline.
Pretty much true.

Draconic excels in graphic design (both the minimap and the actual adventure map) and contains some impressive scripting (e.g. hero abilities), but there isn't much of a story in it.

Evendar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Draconic

Unread postby Evendar » 28 Dec 2014, 15:16

I have completed Draconic with every faction on Champion. It is fun, but easy if you know how to do it.

I ALWAYS GO WITH DEATH AS THE OPPONENT, I WANT TO PUT THE GRAIL IN THAT CITY TO MAKE MY NECROMANCY SKILL UP BY 50%

#1 Take your Imp/demon towards where the buried treasure is to kill off the bandits hiding.

#2 Pick a hero who generates gold, and level up one time with gold, and next with mining. Then run around gathering all the peasants, and other units.

#3 Run hero up to dig up treasure, and then get another hero, I generally pick another one for gold since I won't be using them later on.

#4. Hero Selection: Depends on faction, but I only will ever use one of 3...
Nature: Nature hero
Life: Life Hero
Chaos, Stronghold, Order, Death: Rife (his ability to learn all spells instantly is a major advantage), (Don't take Death or Chaos, since they will limit you with their recruitments.

2nd Hero will be the Tactics hero, his mods to morale are awesome...

First Hero Train:
Death (Vampires are a MUST) (Vampiric Touch, Poisons, Sorrow)
Life
Order
Nature (Dragon Strength, Magic Immunity, Quicksand, Summon Elementals, Imp summoning)
Combat (Magic Resistance)

Tactics Hero:
Tactics
Life
Order
Scouting
Combat

Third Hero: (Optional, but generally a good idea) Rife if not already in your army, or another who does not summon unless it is angels.
Chaos (Slayer, Confusion, Cat Reflexes)
Life
Order
Nature
Combat

Life and order are on all heroes to raise the heroes and hypnotize, sanctuary, forgetfulness, teleport.

The Efreeti are tough at first, they will be a major pain, teleports, slow, imps to draw them away... it can be done.

Pheonix are tough, but get max morale, mass slow, blind, teleport, song of peace, use imps to get rid of rebirth.

I try to go for the arena as soon as I get all my heroes with Grandmaster Magic Resistance. Keep your toughest hero in front, hide the others behind so you don't get killed from him shooting your other heroes. Stock up on mana potions, you might need 20 or so. I will allow him to shoot me over and over while I heal, and create a water elemental to start doing quicksand ALL OVER to create a barrier. I will then create about 400 earth elementals, buff them up and give flight to them, and smack him down. Since they are elementals he will not be healing from hitting them.

Sisters are not real bad, you should have a couple of crowns of enchantment, mass confusion, hypnotism, berserk, mass slow.

Though my favorite was teleporting 500 hydras into the center with first strike and vampiric touch, Dragon Strength.

Evendar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Evendar » 15 Jan 2015, 20:54

My latest run was by far the easiest.

I ran with 3 heroes again

#1 Rife: Combat, Order, Life, Nature, Death

#2 Tactic Hero: Combat, Tactics, Life, Order, Chaos

#3 Barb hero with high defense: Combat, Scouting, Life, Order, Chaos

I threw Crowns of Enchantments on them and had them use Cloud of Confusion on the mobs, I could lock down most anything.

I never lost a single unit the entire game.

william65
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Draconic walkthrough

Unread postby william65 » 12 Sep 2023, 06:54

godofwar wrote: 25 Jun 2007, 21:09 Can someone help me find Draconic 1-2 & WoW walkthroughs? Thanks!
I noticed your request for assistance in finding Draconic 1-2 and World of Warcraft (WoW) walkthroughs. While I don't have specific links or resources at the moment, I can definitely help point you in the right direction. For Draconic 1-2, I recommend checking out popular gaming forums, dedicated gaming websites, or even YouTube channels that specialize in providing comprehensive walkthroughs and guides for various games. As for World of Warcraft, the official WoW forums and community websites are great places to find detailed guides, tutorials, and walkthroughs created by experienced players. Additionally, there are numerous fan-created websites and YouTube channels that offer extensive WoW walkthroughs, class-specific guides, and raid strategies. Exploring these resources should provide you with the assistance you need to progress in both Draconic 1-2 and World of Warcraft. Good luck, and may your gaming adventures be filled with excitement and success!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”