Five new maps coming up - testers needed

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Five new maps coming up - testers needed

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 02 May 2007, 12:19

Greetings all,

After a more than a year since my last contribution to Heroes III "mapping", I'm now almost ready to present the community with a total of five new maps. What I need is A Little Help from My Friends with testing and checking text for typos. You may also make suggestions for possible story guidelines for the maps, especially Dark Elves where Pseudo-Gelu makes his first appearence as the main enemy. I will give credit to you in the final release note of the map in which your story piece is featured.

The maps are:

The Dark Continent (version 0,97 at the moment), H3:RoE XL
Admiral's Hat (version 2,0)* H3:SoD S
Dark Elves! (version 0.90), H3:SoD L
Viking Invasion (most likely version 1.0) H3:SoD XL
Operation Turning Point H3:SoD M
(early testing, the map is somewhere past 0.60)

Generally speaking these maps range from "well polished" ( you know, a nervous perfectionistic mind wants to produce only the best) to "work-in-progress". :)

Contact me for more information (and to get the map(s) for testing)

Yurian

*please note that Admiral's Hat version 2.0 is a slightly different/updated version of Raistlin Majere of Archangelcastle.com's original work.
I have given him all the credit for version 1.0 and I especially mention this because I don't want to get into legal trouble. I haven't uploaded this alternative version anywhere as of May 2007 and intend to do so after hearing the community. Thank you for reading this information.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 04 Jun 2007, 20:32

Admiral's Hat and Viking Invasion have now been released. Special thanks for all testers. Testing goes on with The Dark Continent, Operation Turning Point and Dark Elves!

Stay tuned for more.

Yurian

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Jun 2007, 22:04

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Admiral's Hat and Viking Invasion have now been released. Special thanks for all testers. Testing goes on with The Dark Continent, Operation Turning Point and Dark Elves!

Yurian
Thanks, I just got Admiral's Hat but didn't find Viking Invasion.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 05 Jun 2007, 02:59

Viking Invasion is now in the hands of the Celestialheavens Staff. I e-mailed
the map to them yesterday. I should have said "will be available here soon" instead of "has been released". But it seems I didn't have the patience as I was so glad to see the map finally released. You know, it is my longest ever map project - over 12 months of endless cycles of planning, testing and then re-planning and re-designing. I really hope people here will dig the map. It sure was an artist's nightmare to create.

Cheers,

Yurian

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Jun 2007, 03:23

I'll post the map soon. It's been a rather busy day... :tired:

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 02 Jul 2007, 10:02

Map testing for The Dark Continent is now complete and you can (hopefully) expect to see the map released some time before July 10th, of course depending on my remaining free time and the CH Staff. Once again a huge thank you to all testers. Special thanks for your interesting ideas concerning underground section of the map.

Operation Turning Point has been confirmed version 0.70 which means that there's still a lot to do. But I hope to send you the map before the end of the Summer. That's a firm promise.

As for the much discussed and much debated Dark Elves! map, story line has gone through some changes, please contact me for more information. Oh, Imposter-Gelu is still there, don't you worry about that. :) The map is second in line to be released.

While it takes some time to "polish" the maps for release, you can keep sending me feedback on my previous maps. I also warmly recommend "Atoll Island" by my wife, Tiare. :)

Happy summer holidays,

Yurian

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 23 Jul 2007, 10:43

Greetings everybody.

As you all know, The Dark Continent has been released. Thank you for your comments, suggestions and what counts the most, the valuable feedback.
And thank you for the patience you have shown regarding my ever diminishing amount of free time. I hope you find the map to be of the same quality as my previous works.

Dark Elves! map has been confirmed 0.92 with some minor bugs still found and fixed and comes now with more "natural" scenery (=improved graphics).

Operation Turning Point has been confirmed version 0.80 and has an enlarged underground section with a new town.

Feel free to contact me to test these new version. (although some of you have received email already?)

Merry testing and gaming.

Sincerely,

Yurian

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jul 2007, 14:33

Do you know that you are very dilligent? And also funny :D

Best Luck with your testings ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 Jul 2007, 03:40

It's nice to know that HoMM3 maps are still sought after. The download count is impressive for such an early posting. I'm with Pol, good luck on your testing!

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Nov 2007, 12:12

Hello everybody.

It has been a rough autumn so far for me and finding a full-time job has reduced drastically my free time and thus postponed map devolpment, testing and of course the advent of final release version.

I have worked like a dog on the "Dark Elves!" map and am quite satisfied to tell you that it will be released before the ned of the current month, November. I know I promised to release the map before the end of summer, but as I said real life and of course my drive for perfectionism postponed the project. So far things are looking quite nice with some major balance issues noticed and dealth with and also scenery is once more real and art deco looking.

I especially wish to thank Pol, HodgePodge and Bytebandit for their valuable assistance in my map making sessions. Their comment, advise and tips have been a part of making the map better since version 0,9x on.

If you wish to take a preview of the "Dark Elves!" map, please contact me or Bytebandit for more information. ("Map archives" ... maps for testing).

Operation Turning Point is also under way but hasn't got anyway near the attention of "Dark Elves!". But still, I work to release the maps as soon as I can. (Hardest thing seems to be just let go and release the damn thing.)

If you have any questions or comment just please call my toll free number... err contact my CH or my other email address :)

Sincerally,

Yurian the perfectionist map maker

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 24 Nov 2007, 10:41

Hello all.

I have been working with the upcoming "Dark Elves" map and checked for remaining typos and other minor issues. In addition, some new elements were added for the overall balance.

Final release confirmed November 30th, 2007.

Thank yous go to the map testers at CH ( headed by Pol, thank you for the good comments, mate) and of course my trusted team Yurian testing people. Special thanks go for the wife for love, understanding and those merry map testing sessions.

If you have last minute comments, proposals for nnew content or wish to just comment on the long map making sessions, please write to me (send email) or just reply to this post.

With best heroic greetings,

Yurian

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 24 Nov 2007, 11:06

I'm glad to see your project fruit to this point. I hope everyone enjoys it. Good stuff here people.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Dec 2007, 22:59

Once again hello, hello, hello!

Dear Heroes fans, I have just sent Dark Elves! version 1.0 to the CH staff for map publishing. Many many thanks are addressed to all of you for your continual support and the quality comments, suggestions and help with map testing. I couldn't have finished the final version without your help.

Especially the trio Pol, HodgePodge and Bytebandit (and his team) deserve the credit. I hope you all will appreciate and accept warmly the final version.

Humbly yours,

Yurian

P.S I'll never ever make another 18 month's worth Heroes map ;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Dec 2007, 02:23

Yurian Stonebow wrote:P.S I'll never ever make another 18 month's worth Heroes map ;)
Good for you, that piece was lot of hard work. But clearly you picked one of hardest layouts possible. ;) Welldone. :tsup:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 02 Dec 2007, 07:43

Yurian Stonebow wrote:
Especially the trio Pol, HodgePodge and Bytebandit (and his team) deserve the credit. I hope you all will appreciate and accept warmly the final version.
Pol is also co owner of the Archives, so I ca'nt take credit for the team thing. But all of us wish you the best for your map, because it is a good one. People....check this one out. :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 02 Dec 2007, 19:55

I'm sorry for not giving Pol the credit that belongs to him... It somehow escaped my attention that he is the co-owner of the map archives website.
Sorry, Pol. My bad.

Now that the map is finished, can you host the map at your website? If yes, I'll send you the map early this week. Thanks in advance. :)

Yurian

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 07 Dec 2007, 19:02

December 7th, 2007

I'm proud to announce that "Dark Elves!" Co-operation map for Heroes III:SoD has been released. What pleases me most is the fact that unbeknownst to them, the CH staff published the map on Dec 6th, the 90th Independence Day of Finland, my beloved home country. This calls for a joyful celebration, indeed! :)

On related news, Operation Turning Point, last of the promised five new maps has been confirmed version 0,90 and will be released here on CH by the end of the current year. With that map released I think I'll take a "holiday" from map making and turn my efforts on solving some of my real life problems. Like serving the home land in a peaceful way instead of joining the military. But that's a totally another issue...

Yurian

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 Dec 2007, 21:48

Update Dec 18th, -07

I have been feveriously working on "Operation Turning Point" ( a H3:SoD map) to have it released on CH before Christmas. Why such a hurry? This will be my Christmas gift for all of you Heroes fans out there. Speaking of Christmas, I'm still trying to buy legal version of Heroes Chronicles: Clash of the Dragons, but alas it's not an easy task. The game is out of print and only a couple of Chronicles games have been surfaced in web stores since the demise of 3DO.

Anyways, I'm now adding final decorations and some story events to the co-operation map in progress. Some balance issues are still being encountered and dealt with but basically we're talking about an almost finished map here.

If you have wondered why most of my maps are co-operation type maps, the answer is quite simple: they were re-worked from single player maps to co-op and multiplayer type maps after I wanted to test them with my wife. Curiously enough the maps worked better in allied mode! Or maybe her magic tricks go through my Magic Resistance ;)

So far the wife has made only one Heroes III map, "The Atoll Island" (available on CH) but I'm always encouraging her to start a new map project.

Yurian

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Dec 2007, 22:04

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Update Dec 18th, -07

I'm still trying to buy legal version of Heroes Chronicles: Clash of the Dragons, but alas it's not an easy task. The game is out of print and only a couple of Chronicles games have been surfaced in web stores since the demise of 3DO.

Yurian
I saw this link in a thread at heroescommunity:

http://www.amazon.com/3DO-5116-01-005-H ... B00004W4WR

It may not help depending on what country you are in...but it may help.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 Dec 2007, 22:32

I'm looking for the Clash of the Dragons in its UK version. I have all other Chronicles as UK versions and would hate to break the chain so to speak. But I will welcome US version too if it's not going to interfere (complicate things) with the previously installed parts in the series.

I checked the link (thanks) and found out that these are US versions, two new ones and several used. Although it pleases me that the Euro is high and the US Dollar low at the moment, I'm still not comfortable at paying more than 30 € (42,35 USD) for a game that is not new and furthermore only available from sellers that are unknown to me. But thank you for the effort to help me in my quest.

Yurian

Return to “Heroes I-IV”