Stuck in the "Tales of Destiny" map (Heroes IV)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mamamia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Stuck in the "Tales of Destiny" map (Heroes IV)

Unread postby Mamamia » 16 Jan 2006, 18:57

I started playing the "Tales of Destiny" XL map but I quickly got stuck after reaching the first Dream Teacher.
At that stage, there are thousands of bandits blocking the mountaing pass to the West. The hero Mira says that she knows of a detour to slip unnoticed but I was unable to find it. The only other way to make process is to head towards the green portal but it is being guarded by a stack of 12 efreeti and 5 goblin knights which are impossible to defeat whith a weak hero and one demon.
Am I missing something?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 20:19

The green portal is the path you should use,but the battle should be much easier.On what dificulty are you playing?Try restarting the map,so the monsters would change.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Stuck in the "Tales of Destiny" map (Heroes IV

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Jan 2006, 21:18

Mamamia wrote:I started playing the "Tales of Destiny" XL map but I quickly got stuck after reaching the first Dream Teacher.
At that stage, there are thousands of bandits blocking the mountaing pass to the West. The hero Mira says that she knows of a detour to slip unnoticed but I was unable to find it. The only other way to make process is to head towards the green portal but it is being guarded by a stack of 12 efreeti and 5 goblin knights which are impossible to defeat whith a weak hero and one demon.
Am I missing something?
Have you already rescued Nathaniel from his prison? If so, you can go through a quest gate to a yellow portal to the next part of the map. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 21:21

Yellow portal is after that.You need to go through the green portal in order to have nathaniel.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Jan 2006, 21:31

I couldn't remember which came first … ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 21:41

Well,I cheated,I used the editor :devil:

Mamamia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mamamia » 17 Jan 2006, 00:40

I was playing at the Advanced level. I restarted the map at the same difficulty level, and by 4 day I was starting the battle with the creatures guarding the green portal. This time, I had to fight 11 nagas and 7 genies, and again, the fight was impossible to win.
I then restarted the map at the Intermediate level and won that fight easily, but the problem is that now the rest of the map feels too easy.
Anyway, thank you for the replies.

Mamamia.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 19 Jan 2006, 11:07

Strong creatures eh? I think because the map that was set onn "Champion' level increased the difficulty and thus increases the numver of creatures. I've reset the part with Level 1 creatures and stregth not exceeding 100. Should be easy by now.

May I take this opportunity to ask whether you're playing the version 1.2 or 1.11. If it's the earlier version, may I advice you to download the latest version as 1.11 has a big bug in it. :)
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Mamamia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mamamia » 21 Jan 2006, 00:45

I was already playing version 1.2 of your map.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”