Will UBI release the HEROES COLLECTION for North America???

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
sharpli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Will UBI release the HEROES COLLECTION for North America???

Unread postby sharpli » 27 Mar 2007, 19:36

One of my friends got a copy of HEROES COLLECTION released by UBI Spanish. It contains HMM1, HMM2 Golden, HMM3 Complete, and HMM4 Complete. Sadly, HMM4 Complete is in Spanish.
I live in Canada, so, will UBI release the North America version of HEROES COMPLETE???
I am looking forward to getting one.

NeXaR
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Will UBI release the HEROES COLLECTION for North America

Unread postby NeXaR » 28 Mar 2007, 02:08

sharpli wrote:One of my friends got a copy of HEROES COLLECTION released by UBI Spanish. It contains HMM1, HMM2 Golden, HMM3 Complete, and HMM4 Complete. Sadly, HMM4 Complete is in Spanish.
I live in Canada, so, will UBI release the North America version of HEROES COMPLETE???
Sadly, you say. You know, it's a release FOR SPAIN.

What's sad is that WE have to translate HoMM3Complete to Spanish. What's worse: RoE was originally released in Spanish, but in the Complete edition, it is in English again.

Without willing to offend, I think English-speakers have very little idea of what means having to learn a language for gaming. I started to learn English in the good'ol days in order to play Shining in the Darkness, and it's really hard to play an RPG in an unknown language with the only help of my father old english dictionary just because the publishers are too lazy to translate it. You are very lucky I think.
Common sense is commonless of senses

sharpli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sharpli » 28 Mar 2007, 04:10

sorry man,
i should not say "sadly".
But i think i am in the same situation as you, cause i am a chinese.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 Mar 2007, 05:16

I think there were an english version of H complete as well. It was only rleased in the UK though...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

NeXaR
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NeXaR » 28 Mar 2007, 14:30

Sorry about my rudeness, it was 4AM here when I wrote that, and I was dealing with problems related with the H3C translation at that moment, precisely.
Last edited by NeXaR on 28 Mar 2007, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Common sense is commonless of senses

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 28 Mar 2007, 14:44

sharpli wrote:One of my friends got a copy of HEROES COLLECTION released by UBI Spanish. It contains HMM1, HMM2 Golden, HMM3 Complete, and HMM4 Complete. Sadly, HMM4 Complete is in Spanish.
Given their track record of compendium releases: No. It will never be seen in NA.

I believe this is the 5th time they have released an edition of HoMM with H4 complete in it, and none of them came to NA. I, personally, have given up on it, and so will never play H4. I don't think I want to anymore.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 Mar 2007, 14:52

I saw Heroes IV Complete in store here in Canada, but no Heroes Complete full set. QQD, I could help you get a copy if you want.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 28 Mar 2007, 15:55

I have looked everywhere here in Philly for a version of H4 complete, but cannot find one.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby danijel1990 » 29 Mar 2007, 07:52

You wouldn't believe it! :D I also bought Heroes Complete and HoMM 1, 2 & 3 works ok, but HoMM 4 is in Spanish :( (so I don't want to install it) But I have all Heroes, I just bought this Collection because of Heroes 1 that I didn't have until now.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”