cd audio doesn't work, game crashes, homm2

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
commode7x
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

cd audio doesn't work, game crashes, homm2

Unread postby commode7x » 23 Mar 2007, 10:38

I'm up to my neck in problems. I've tried installing the v1.3 patch, using the administrator compatibility, and even tried dosbox v.70.

None of it did a damn thing. The patch didn't even change the game parameters. Still can't figure that one out.

Anyway, the cd audio doesn't work and the game crashes when you win a scenario. Frustrating to say the least. It also crashes at random intervals

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE HELP

I've tried Googling until my eyes have gone googley

And I don't want anyone restating the obvious, like "Have you tried Dosbox?" Or "Read the FAQ" It just makes things even more frustrating.

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 23 Mar 2007, 19:43

Is your CD-ROM good and not-crashing machine?

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 Mar 2007, 20:47

Are you using Windows XP?

commode7x
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby commode7x » 24 Mar 2007, 00:26

Yes, the cd-rom is good and yes, I am using XP. That was also the assumption in the Sticky FAQ. I tried restarting my PC, and all it did was lessen the random crashing.

Oh, I'm also using Daemon Tools along with an nrg file. It's mounted to my D:/ drive.

It doesn't stop the inablility to use cd music or the crashing when I win a scenario.

NeXaR
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NeXaR » 24 Mar 2007, 07:30

You installed it from the virtual drive, or from the physical, and then switched to daemon to play? if so, then maybe the registry is pointing to the physical unit (from where you installed it)
Common sense is commonless of senses

commode7x
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby commode7x » 26 Mar 2007, 00:54

I installed it with the virtual drive, then changed the drive letter to D:/ when the sound didn't work the first time. Since then, I've tried installing patch updates and the like to fix the problem.

No luck.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”