Dragon Slayer, second mission problem

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Dragon Slayer, second mission problem

Unread postby Lunar » 22 Mar 2007, 16:23

I'm in the end (and wining) scenario with brown dragons.
Save from game: http://rapidshare.com/files/22262789/proby.CGM.html

but I have one question - How can I get Crown of Dragontooth which is in south of map where my Dracon is going to? Guarding Tower has a quest where I must give it Pendant of Life, but i can't find Pendant. :(
Crown is appearing in special event on beggining of mission, when Dracon probably dreams about it. So i have next question - is this Crown needed to next missions to get some bonuses or smth?

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 23 Mar 2007, 15:18

Still no one knows anything about it? Is that Crown requirement for anything?

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 16 Apr 2007, 23:25

You cant get the Crown if you picked Rust Dragon scenario as your second map.

You have 2 ways of completing that campaign.
First way is to select Rust Dragon scenario as your second map
Second way is to select fairy Dragon scenario as your second map

Pendant of life is on Fairy dragon scenario so you have to go that way if you want the crown.
On the other hand, bonus area on fairy dragons map can be only accesed if yo u done the rust dragon scenario, so its a tradeof and depends on a way you played the campaign.

I would recomend tho that you pick fairy dragons map as your second, since the troops you keep from first map wont help you much in rust dragon scenario.

As for the bonuses and events.... no, its not crucial, altho you get to keep the crown for the last map if you played the campaign in a way i described.

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 17 Apr 2007, 00:57

Ya5MieL wrote:You have 2 ways of completing that campaign.
First way is to select Rust Dragon scenario as your second map
Second way is to select fairy Dragon scenario as your second map
What? Sorry, I don't get that. I happen to play exactly the same campaign and scenario right now. I have already stumbled across the Dragon Tooth Crown quest but I haven't even scouted one fourth of the map, so I can't say anything about how to get the pendant.

But I'm pretty sure there's no way of choosing the order of scenarios. After finishing the first one I was immediately put versus the rusty ones -- without any choice whatsoever.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 17 Apr 2007, 04:40

When you get to the screen where you pick a bonus for next map, try clicking on a map area, there are 2 areas available after 1st dragon slayer map...

There are several occasion of where you can pick a map to play, Even in RoE campaigns( you could pick which map to play first barbarians or swamdwellers, and in other campaign you can pick to play firstly with inferno or dungeon), AB first campaigns, at some time in SoD campaigns... yet many people don't realize this option even after spending years with the game :P

And about your situation, you wont get the crown, since the pendant will be on your next map :P
But as a bonus for going through campaign in this order you have chosen, you will get access to bonus area on next map, if you get collar of conjuring or something from rust dragon map.. and if memory serves, that bonus area contains one cloud castle, one naga dwelling + some artifact..

I still prefer going the other way around, since those dwellings are not worth it, having crown in 4th mission is better imho, especialy since there is .... significant mana problem on 4th map.

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 17 Apr 2007, 11:46

Ya5MieL wrote:When you get to the screen where you pick a bonus for next map, try clicking on a map area, there are 2 areas available after 1st dragon slayer map...
There's a use for the stupid map area? You live and learn...
Ya5MieL wrote:yet many people don't realize this option even after spending years with the game :P
Yeah, like silly me. :disagree:

Return to “Heroes I-IV”