Heroes IV Campaign Editor: SUCK.

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Beelzebubba
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes IV Campaign Editor: SUCK.

Unread postby Beelzebubba » 14 Mar 2007, 01:29

Wow. How often can this thing quit on me? I need to save my map every 20 seconds it seems. Auto-save feature? Ha. Other than the VERY frequent application errors it's a very nice program! :tired:

Edit: Now the damn editor won't even load. Every time I try to open it I get a fatal app. error. Time to reinstall! ;|

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 15 Mar 2007, 22:15

Before you say that H4 editor sucks, you should think about the fact that your PC cuckes, becaue noone ever reported having problems with it.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Mar 2007, 23:24

I agree with Sauron, there is something wrong with your install or your game disk. I have used it for years and never had anything nor heard anything like the problems your are having. It could be several things, but I doubt any of them will end up being a problem with the editor itself. It functions far better and actually be used by almost anyone, unlike its horrible younger sibling.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Mar 2007, 00:45

The H4 campaign editor is excellent.

But let's see if we can solve your problems, shall we? Here are some stuff you can try:
- uninstall/reinstall the game
- install (correct) patches, which you can find here
- install the mod Equilibris
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Heroes IV Campaign Editor: SUCK.

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Mar 2007, 04:21

Beelzebubba wrote:Wow. How often can this thing quit on me? I need to save my map every 20 seconds it seems. Auto-save feature? Ha. Other than the VERY frequent application errors it's a very nice program! :tired:

Edit: Now the damn editor won't even load. Every time I try to open it I get a fatal app. error. Time to reinstall! ;|
If you have installed Equilibris, be sure to also install the EQUILIBRIS Campaign Editor too. Sometimes I accidently click the wrong icon and choose the regular H4 Map/Campaign Editor instead of the Equilibris one and I get that "Fatal Crash" error.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Beelzebubba
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Beelzebubba » 16 Mar 2007, 05:14

I detailed what resolved this issue in a separate thread. I don't have the the Equilibris mod installed, though their version of the campaign editor works just dandy.
Kalah wrote:The H4 campaign editor is excellent.
Yes, it is. When it's actually working it's just swell. Though it could do with an autosave feature, and perhaps more detail concerning each of the 1000s of objects (something the Heroes III editor did quite nicely).
Sauron wrote:Before you say that H4 editor sucks, you should think about the fact that your PC cuckes, becaue noone ever reported having problems with it.
What does "cuckes" mean? Fact is, for no discernable reason, the thing stopped functioning. That very rarely happens to any app, game or other. Would it make you feel better if I instulted my OS instead? Damn XP! Damn Microsoft! Damn you both to hell!

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Mar 2007, 10:18

Beelzebubba wrote: What does "cuckes" mean? Fact is, for no discernable reason, the thing stopped functioning. That very rarely happens to any app, game or other. Would it make you feel better if I instulted my OS instead? Damn XP! Damn Microsoft! Damn you both to hell!
Aaaaahhh... thank youu.... very much.
But you should tell that to Sikon :D

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 16 Mar 2007, 16:11

I would agree with the topic title is the words "campaign" and "editor" were removed. :-p

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Mar 2007, 16:38

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:I would agree with the topic title is the words "campaign" and "editor" were removed. :-p
Oh come on now :rofl: I love Heroes IV.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Mar 2007, 16:54

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:I would agree with the topic title is the words "campaign" and "editor" were removed. :-p
Again one of thiese anoying b***a**s

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 16 Mar 2007, 16:59

Come now, let's be respectful to everyone's opinions. I too love this game, and I have no beef with people who don't. What's really annoying is people who belittle the game without having given it enough of a chance. :disagree:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Mar 2007, 21:23

Metathron wrote:Come now, let's be respectful to everyone's opinions. I too love this game, and I have no beef with people who don't. What's really annoying is people who belittle the game without having given it enough of a chance. :disagree:
I don't have anything against someone else's opinion, but I hate when someone says that a game sucks. Saying that means that everyone who likes it sucks as well. Or at least you get such a feeling.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 16 Mar 2007, 21:42

If the problem has been resolved, let's move on.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”