Heroes III Gamespy arcade

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jinxed
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III Gamespy arcade

Unread postby Jinxed » 14 Jan 2006, 21:18

Here's the story

Along with a friend we wanted to play some heroes. Both of us have Heroes III complete, and we tried to play using TCP/IP, but we couldn't connect. The next step was gamespy arcade.

Whenever I try to create or join a multiplayer game I get this: "there was an error that prevented the game from being launched. Check to make sure the game is properly installed and that the path is correct."

My friend on the other hand, has no problems with the same version.

I've checked the path a million times, copy pasted it, copied the game elsewhere and tried a new path. Nothing works. This only happens with multiplayer. When I click single player on gamespy arcade, the game launches.

I'm not running a firewall.

Oh yeah, and HommIV starts on gamespy arcade without any problems.

PLEASE HELP!!! Before I go totally insane.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Heroes III Gamespy arcade

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jan 2006, 21:42

Old RT table says this:
There was an error...

And it was here:
registry fix

You may, of course, always try to reinstall the game. Uninstall, install.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Jinxed
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jinxed » 14 Jan 2006, 21:46

I've tried to find the registry fix, but was unable to find it. The gamespy help thing isn't anything I've already tried as well, as I already spent a considerable amount of time trying to fix this thing.

Any other ideas?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”