Heroes Of Might and Magic 4? what the hell was that?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 25 Apr 2007, 09:51

Metathron wrote:They do indeed stack and the result is indeed awesome. :-D Dragon Strength is one of my favourite level 5 spells, it's just so much fun!
Especially if your opponent is a Level 1 Necromancer with Cancellation :-)

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 25 Apr 2007, 11:28

Or a lvl 1 Barbarian with cancellation scroll :-D

gaspi2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby gaspi2 » 25 Apr 2007, 13:37

True:) but I start combat with mass speed and THEN sanctuary:)
Since I'm going 1st(due to speed) with all stuff, I 'wait' and then force to opponent to give defend command, moving slowly near heroes and slay them in very start of the combat.

As order I like using martyr. I like creating illusions with gienes from titans and then link everything with martyr to illusion(and gienes continue creating illusions) so I have some kind of wall before my firepower starts depleting.(cancelation is problem:)) then pain mirror on stuff which has the lowest defense and watch fireworks:)(bone dragons hit mages 4 3300 dmg, normally 200 mages would be killed, but dmg is trsfered to illusion wall from mana(:)) and dragons take 1650 dmg 4 nuttin).
Also with this I have order:
forgetfullnes to dangerous shooters(cyclps and venom spawns are the priority number 1), mass fervor, then mana flare + martyr(priest to illusion), mass slow(martyr gienes to illusion), pain mirror(mages) martyr(hero to illusion), pain mirror(mages) martyr(mages to illusion) and then steal all enchntments and martyr(titans to illusion).

Well, extreme is then creating skeletons with mage and then link illusion with them(dmg to skeletons).
But most useful is hypnotize and martyr the unit it with those skeletons:P:P
I use mage's poison to kill dispelling heroes.
and with mana flare, even lvl 3 spells cost 1 to wizard(hehe) and gienes can create 24 illusions total.
quite long can be but I like the style, death is problem cuz many stuff is immune to order stuff(and cancelation hehe:)):-/

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 26 Apr 2007, 11:57

pepak wrote:
Metathron wrote:They do indeed stack and the result is indeed awesome. :-D Dragon Strength is one of my favourite level 5 spells, it's just so much fun!
Especially if your opponent is a Level 1 Necromancer with Cancellation :-)
To me, that would be 'just' annoying. What would be truly frightful is a level 2 mage with steal enchantment. :S
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 26 Apr 2007, 15:28

Hmmm..... I love these army lineups...

Phoenix Stack
Mantis Stack
LVL 22 Beastmaster
LVL 21 Beastmaster
LVL 21 Archmage
LVL 20 Bard
LVL 20 Warden

Round One: Mass Speed, Dragon Strength on Phoenix, Mass Snake Strike, Mass Fortune, Dragon Strength on Mantis.

Kill the Necro and Heroes - If Mass Cancel - or Solo Cancel/Dispel used then recast... otherwise...

Round Two: Summon LVL5 (Mantis or Goldy), Necro Ward, Summon LVL5 (Mantis or Goldy), Giant Strength on Phoenix, Giant Strength on Mantis.

Round Three: Wasp Swarm, Summon LVL5 (Mantis or Goldy), repeat.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 27 Apr 2007, 16:27

Did u all plays online or just praise yourself?
I can show u how I fight real, but it need a real online battle B-)

gaspi2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby gaspi2 » 27 Apr 2007, 20:31

Send me save from game and I'll tell u that I would beat u B-)

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 28 Apr 2007, 08:54

Sorry I have no plays on this method...
I prefer real online challenge.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 30 Apr 2007, 20:33

Problem with online play is the time commitment. TBS games are great but involve a ton of time when playing multiplayer.

They really should have an ability to PBEM - play by email so that you send a turn across email and then you direct connect for battles, etc. or have the game have the ability to play out combat turn-by-turn.

If JVC had actually created that MMORPG game - when he said he had the idea for it, then HOMM would have been WOW or the like.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 01 May 2007, 16:52

Talking about PBEM, EQ team has already done some interesting things but have they told anything about PBEM, would it be possible to "hack it in"?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”