Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Feb 2011, 08:27

*reads* "AI encountered object type ..." WTF?

:rofl:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Hero of the Hex Table
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hero of the Hex Table » 13 Feb 2012, 09:28

Hey everyone. I hacked Heroes 2. I changed all the creature data. And the starting stats for the hero types. I feel like the game is more balanced now. I've been testing it for a few days, smoothing the kinks out. I want to try hacking the spells next, to make things like hypnotize useful. If anyone wants to try it let me know.

GodRage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GodRage » 03 Oct 2012, 07:54

Hello hello...
I would like to notice you that the french exe doesn't match with the english exe...

And, because I feel like I'll lost my CD a day, I was planing to "no-CD" my own exe...
So, I found where the call is, where is the jne... but it seems to have severals verifications, or something like that cause even if the "The CD of The price of loytality isn't in ..." doesn't popup, the New game and load game features are like before ; we can't play alone. :o

So, Who successfulled "no-cd" the exe? May you tell me something that may help me? ^^

Thanks so much if anybody can provide me some help.

benos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I will glad to share with you my thoughts about an HOMM2 mod

Unread postby benos » 18 Apr 2013, 17:40

I have many ideas for it, and would love to share them with you guys.

this historical and monumental cartoonish game always brought me to nostalgia thoughts about aladin like worlds, the Dead sea and ancient Israel \ Caanan mythology, wizardly cities, genies, Greek Titans etc, and beautiful landscapes like ancient South asian Jungles of modern day Iraq and Blue seas wandering in the palmy rivers of Mesopotamia.

to the work:

if it is possible, let armies have an extra slot.

faster loading\recovery times after mouse clicks (in general) - for example, when you click at an artifact message box, you need to wait 2 seconds or something like this instead of less time, and it could be annoying.

adding auto combat, and the ability to surrender castles (some castles are just not worth fighting for...) :}

artifact trade buildings in cities.

i think that the Warlock faction needs an graphic overall. their castle and bulding should be less gothic. they should be more exotic, more tropical. their hydras should come out of a jungelish swamp, and not from a black and white one, and their tavern, magic and thieves guild shouldn't look like a russian tavern from the 40's.

the barbarian faction should include some more palm trees, and the cyclops should become a bit stronger (i think they are very weak).

more natural units

change the annoying music of the sprites and dwarfs faction, and make it look not like a Chinese village, but more sexy and charming. almost never played the faction because of this.

keep the Wizards as they are, alas, they will put a spell on ya !

that's it for now.

and btw, why such a sophisticated way of registering into the forums? it's not that it's a Justin Beiber fan forum with less than teenage girls with hormones in the sky... only cool people will come to such a forum, not spammers, i believe.

regards :)

Thundraksson
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A late hello

Unread postby Thundraksson » 19 Jun 2013, 17:33

Hey there guys, I notice I'm a bit late to the party, but big fan of H2 and H3 here.

Been browsing through the thread and there seemed to be a lot of good ideas for a mod. I saw there was one version posted some years ago, but has anyone released a newer version to the public?

I've been playing H2 alot these days, but the small balance problems are ruining a few of the games... *cough*DD*cough*

Hope there are any of you left here, and thanks in advance :)

Basyka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Hello world!

Unread postby Basyka » 24 Mar 2014, 13:25

Hi, guys! I found the board by accident, and I think it's cool.
I do still play HoMMII and think it's the best among all that HoMM shite :D
Gonna watch this and other threads.
Good luck!

----
"His sublime magnificence lord Arrax wishes to inform Thee that Thou art scum"

best regards
Basyka

olosta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby olosta » 29 Aug 2014, 10:19

Hiya, friends!

By checking out the thread it seems that HOMM2 can only be modified regarding "stats and points", which undoubtedly is an interesting asset but what about the graphics and the interface? More Heroes, more options, an enhanced map editor... Well, those things, you know.

Couldn't we create a sort of fan community similar to Heroes III? I'm an amateur graphic designer, just in case someone would be interested.

Regards!

:)

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 30 Aug 2014, 13:12

olosta wrote:Hiya, friends!

By checking out the thread it seems that HOMM2 can only be modified regarding "stats and points", which undoubtedly is an interesting asset but what about the graphics and the interface? More Heroes, more options, an enhanced map editor... Well, those things, you know.

Couldn't we create a sort of fan community similar to Heroes III? I'm an amateur graphic designer, just in case someone would be interested.

Regards!

:)
With the Ironfist project tools a lot of things can be changed. However, there are not many people who have enough free time to do a comprehensive expansion/mod. But if you happen to make graphics or new monsters and have problems to get them work in the game, feel free to ask.

Link:
http://www.ironfi.st/wordpress/ wiki may be the best place to start, but check yourself. some screens also ino our forum: http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... 6&start=40

PS there is also a H3 mod where H3 graphics has been replaced with H2 graphics, but i have not kept an eye on that project.

olosta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby olosta » 01 Sep 2014, 16:59

Thank you for your prompt answer, Pitsu.

Yeah, I was aware of the projects that you mentioned, yet my surprise remains the same: What about a mod proposing few changes or a hypothetical community working on new designs? I mean, short-time mods, simple stuff, you know (at least for a "canonical geek"). The lacking of time is always a solid argument, hehehe. On the other hand, what about our HOMM3 fellow men? They're developing a tremendous work under the same circumstances... We should follow their example! ;)

By the way, I already installed the Ironfist thing in my GOG's HOMM2 Gold and unfortunately didn't work. Anyway I have to read more about it because I can't see its point so far: It's a rebuilding of the game, or what?

When I dispose of my current duties, I'll try to construct some pixel art based on our treasure game. I'll share it, for sure.

Thanks for reading!

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Re: Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod

Unread postby ByteBandit » 02 Jan 2019, 08:10

I may give this a try.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”