Winds of War necro campaign

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Winds of War necro campaign

Unread postby kitcat0 » 12 Jan 2006, 17:14

I played first map yesterday, where you have to clean out barrows. There is a quest you can fill - collect 5 artifacts - one from each barrow. But the second I enter to the last barrow, I have won the map without being able to get these artifacts that would carry on to next scenario. What am I doing wrong?

SmokingBarrel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SmokingBarrel » 15 Jan 2006, 11:40

I don't recall of any such quest. Are you sure this quest exists?

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 16 Jan 2006, 15:42

I have played the campaign forward and apparently I dont need those artifacts. But the quest does exist - if you go through portal quarded by earth elementals. I just dont see the point in it, since I cant fulfill it.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 20:25

Its a side quest and it can be done,but you must have completed all of the other objectives before that.I dont quite recall the map,but you can finish the game even without that quest finished.

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 16 Jan 2006, 21:24

I would like to know how. Are there any other quests, that I need to fulfill first? I defeated all players and spent time puffing up my heroes so they would be able to handle creatures in barrows alone (uhh, those vampies were a handful) so I would get artifacts. If I had known that I dont need to, it would have saved me a whole lot of time. Oh well, I am just playing for fun, not for score, so I'll just continue :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 21:29

Well,Im not sure,but if you first cleared those barrows and then defeated other enemies you might have gained those artifacts.I remember now that I also have defeated them and then cleared the barrows,but I dont remember if I had those artifacts later.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”