Favorite Creature (not an evolution poll)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Favorite Creature (not an evolution poll)

Unread postby Mytical » 17 Jan 2007, 09:58

Ok what is your favorite creature of all the HoMM's, and why. Doesn't have to be the strongest..can be any reason you like. From H1 to HoMM 5: HoF..please include : Town and Tier level. Thanks :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 17 Jan 2007, 10:31

On emotional ground Heroes 2 titan (lvl 6 of wizards). First, it looks cool in his black armor, golden weapon and white glowing eyes. And second my first encounter with them was too shocking to forget. Played broken alliance with barbars and had so many cyclopes and others that the map seemed to be won. There was an artifact guarded by giants. Without any thinking went for easy battle. Had to flee. Then I found out that the purple player has lots of these guys ... Cursed myself for taking this game too easily.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2007, 18:41

I wonder what's my fav creature... :devil:

Titan's won my first game of H2... something the dragons couldn't do. Loved then ever since.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 17 Jan 2007, 19:32

My favorite? I'd have to say the Crusaders in H2. Easy to get in large numbers, two attacks, made that clank-clank noise when they walked, and against undead they wreaked havoc. A (very) close second would be the H2 vampire lords, if only for BLAH.

Man, H2 was such a great game.
Last edited by Corribus on 17 Jan 2007, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 17 Jan 2007, 19:45

Very tough call...

The Big Blue Hydra from HOMM1 with haste or teleport was absolutely lovely.

I love almost every creature from HOMM2, although I have to say that Phoenix, the Titan and Genies were my favorite non-warlock creatures. Warlock creatures were awesome.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 17 Jan 2007, 21:10

It's not easy to choose, but one of my favourite creatures is genie from H1. In the beginning of the game, if you find the Genie's Lamp, conquering new terrains will become much easier. Genie's special ability of is also very useful...
My Heroes V map: Tales of Silentia

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Jan 2007, 00:20

I have stated and I will state again I like the Succubi, especially when upgraded to Succubi Mistress. Tier 4, Inferno. Not only can she hit multipule units, is the only creature that has ranged retal, but with the right skill she create more of herself (temporarily). May not be the strongest creature out there, but she has style.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 18 Jan 2007, 00:51

Werewolf.

h3wog, neutral, level 5 (im not sure about the level).

i really like the special.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 18 Jan 2007, 01:32

Heroes 2 power lich.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 18 Jan 2007, 02:43

I like the Dread Knight from H3. I love the way it's fast to attack, hard to kill, and you gotta love the little animation it has when it's about to do double damage. And after you see the animation, you know what's coming. Love it!

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 18 Jan 2007, 03:03

Grand Elves:

Rampart, Upgraded Level 3 HOMM3:

There are my favorite all-time unit (barely beating out Master Hunters in HOMM5). They shoot twice, have cool silver armor on, and are Elves...what's not to like? :-D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 18 Jan 2007, 09:04

BLAH!

H2 vampire lords. Every Heroes game that came out after II I was hoping for that sount effect to return, and every time it was a let down.

Black Dragon from Heroes II is a close second. Everything is just right about them, the artwork, the sound effects and more important the atmosphere surrounding them.

EliteKill
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby EliteKill » 18 Jan 2007, 10:17

I loved the H3 Naga Queen... So powerfull... But better than that are the Drad Knights like ByteBandit said.... and than comes my all-time favorite: The H3 Titan (Tower Upgraded lvl 7). Lots of health, decent Attack and Defence, AWESOME Damage, and they shoot. Who cares about the cost :D .

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 18 Jan 2007, 12:31

I love the Titan, and Arch Devil

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 18 Jan 2007, 16:29

I loved hydras in Homm II. (level 5) Perfect against random dangerous stacks like ghosts and vampire lords. It was so cool to see hydras surrounded by five stacks and attacking all of them at once.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Jan 2007, 06:49

For some reason I really love Dendroids. Not that they're the toughest or for any of their stats, but just because they are so cool and imaginative.

……………… Image ……………… Image ………………

In Heroes 5, I have the Treant Mod which brings back the Treant that was in the beta version. That's one mean lookin' piece of wood … lumbering slowly across the battlefield, giving their intended victim plenty of time to think about how they are shortly going to get thumped to bits by an irate tree. :-D

……………… Image ………………
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jan 2007, 12:01

The beta tree could have used some foliage... instead they mated it with a mantis.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 19 Jan 2007, 14:50

Definately Crusaders from Heroes III (level 4 creature). They are tough fighters with a good looking battle gear. Speaks for itself. B-)
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 19 Jan 2007, 21:01

devil from heroes 4. can teleport anywhere, and has the supreme hability to summon demons!
and archdevil from heroes 3. looks awesome, extremly fast with no retaliation, the perfect killer!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Jan 2007, 21:45

ThunderTitan wrote:The beta tree could have used some foliage... instead they mated it with a mantis.
No, no! The "mantis" tree is the one that made it into the final game. The one pictured in my post above IS the beta version Treant and I think he looks more dangerous with less foliage. You know, like those bald wrestlers. :-D Nival should've left the beta Treant in the game instead of changing it into that skinny, puppet-like tree.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”