Heroes II installation problem on XP

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
NurDas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes II installation problem on XP

Unread postby NurDas » 11 Jan 2007, 14:12

Hello! I ran to a problem with HoMM II The Succession Wars while trying to install it on Windows XP. Before any installation started, I got an pop-up saying:

"Setup detected the following problems while reviewing your system configuration: Large Fonts."

The Help pop-up says to change the font size to small in control panel > display, but I haven't got an option 'small' there, only 'normal', 'large' and 'extra large'. Currently 'normal' is selected.
It doen't look like a difficult problem to solve, but it prevents the installation completely. I'm not a big friend with computers ;|, so can any of you help me with this?

NurDas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NurDas » 11 Jan 2007, 14:46

Well, I was panicing too early. :hoo: Apparently the problem was with the .Now technology intsaller that comes with the 3DO/NWC SoldOut series. I found out that I can install the game without using .Now, but the regular install shield instead and that worked fine. So apologies for the double posting.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”