Heroes 2 Gold Download Version

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Snarl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes 2 Gold Download Version

Unread postby Snarl » 02 Jan 2007, 23:02

I've been looking to download Heroes 2 Gold, Trymedia sells it however the Download does not include the CD Music (the operatic). Does anyone know if the music can be downloaded/purchased any where ? I don't want to buy the digital download without all the original Music (lost my own CD's years ago).

Oh and why I'm on the purchasing topic anyone know if you can still buy Heroes IV Winds of War ? I need that for the complete Heroes IV Series.
Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 03 Jan 2007, 00:09

Your best bet is probably ebay.

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 03 Jan 2007, 11:42

If you want to buy Winds of War, then remember that if you owns Heroes IV version released by 3DO, then don't buy the version of WoW released by Ubisoft. Probably it will not work.
My Heroes V map: Tales of Silentia

berntie
Scout
Scout

Re: Heroes 2 Gold Download Version

Unread postby berntie » 03 Jan 2007, 12:30

Snarl wrote:I've been looking to download Heroes 2 Gold, Trymedia sells it however the Download does not include the CD Music (the operatic). Does anyone know if the music can be downloaded/purchased any where ?
You can download the town themes of the Succession Wars at http://heroes.net.ru/heroes2/ (those are the town themes that you would get, if you'd buy Heroes II Gold on CD).

For the rest of the music (environmental themes etc.) and the PoL soundtrack (the town themes in PoL are different from SW and Gold), I don't think you can download them anywhere.

Snarl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Heroes 2 Gold Download Version

Unread postby Snarl » 03 Jan 2007, 23:31

berntie wrote:You can download the town themes of the Succession Wars at http://heroes.net.ru/heroes2/ (those are the town themes that you would get, if you'd buy Heroes II Gold on CD)
Cool, Thanks I think that's what I was looking for, I'll download them and install with the trial if it works Ill buy the downloadable version of the game :)
Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

Snarl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snarl » 07 Jan 2007, 14:41

I've purchased the down loadable version of HOMM 2 Gold and Installed, I've also taken some music MP3's from the expansion and a few others from my Heroes III/IV/V Installations and it works great. To really finish this up well I need to know all of the Music File names on the Original HOMM2 CD, that way I can rename the Music Files I have to reconstruct a nice CD Sound track for the digital download version of HOMM 2. Does anyone have a list of the file names ?

Thanks
Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 09 Jan 2007, 21:11

Snarl wrote:I've purchased the down loadable version of HOMM 2 Gold and Installed, I've also taken some music MP3's from the expansion and a few others from my Heroes III/IV/V Installations and it works great. To really finish this up well I need to know all of the Music File names on the Original HOMM2 CD, that way I can rename the Music Files I have to reconstruct a nice CD Sound track for the digital download version of HOMM 2. Does anyone have a list of the file names ?
There are no "file names". All the non-midi sounds and music were on the audio track of the HII CD.

Snarl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snarl » 09 Jan 2007, 23:51

You are correct to a point, the names of these Music Files that are on the CD are what I'm after. As these Music Tracks were intended to play at specific times i.e. the Warlock Town Theme played when in the Warlock Town, you can be assured these files/tracks have names. The File/Track names are what I'm after, if you have the CD fire up Winamp and pop it in, you'll see the track names. I'm trying to re-construct this CD as closely as I can and if I name the Files I burn on CD with the same names I should be able to insure they play when they're supposed to.

Cheers :)
Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

Return to “Heroes I-IV”