H4 downloaded map problem

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Deni
Pixie
Pixie

H4 downloaded map problem

Unread postby Deni » 09 Jan 2006, 17:41

I downloaded the H4 standard map century of war. But when I want to start playing this map it writes that the file is bad. Please try to download this map yourself and try to begin the game , because I think that maybe my computer is not working good. Long live the heroes of the round table!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 Jan 2006, 17:48

If the map requires an expansion and was incorrectly listed as a standard, the error message would be different. I'll have a look when I get back home.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 10 Jan 2006, 23:07

File is bad is usually because of a bug in the game. When the game sets the random artifacts on the map it will generate File is bad if it chooses Nomad's Blackbow or one other artifact I can't remember (I think it was the Emrald Longbow). Anyway, you can try restarting the map a couple of times, that should make it work.

Otherwise, if your familiar with the editor, you can disable the two artifacts. (I hope some one can confirm the two artifacts causing the problem.)
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 11 Jan 2006, 12:55

I cant open it with the editor. It writes that a fatal error has ocured and unknown exception

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 11 Jan 2006, 18:04

I just downloaded the map and was able to open it in the editor. Perhaps the map requires an expansion, even though the read-me file doesn't say so.
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”