quik question regardin Heroes IV and the expansions...

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Graiskye
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

quik question regardin Heroes IV and the expansions...

Unread postby Graiskye » 25 Nov 2006, 22:34

Hello all, hope the day finds you all well.
I have a quik question regarding the expansions and Heroes IV. I just got HIV, and I wondered if installing the expansions right away changes the game in any signifigant way. For instance will I still be able to play my save games from when I just had the orig. installed. I ask 'cause I'm interested in installing the Equilibris MOD, and I think I'm supposed to have the expansions installed(not really sure tho?)
Also , I am very new to the whole series, up till now the only turn based 4x I've played has been a bit of Civ III&IV, sooo, I could really use some basic advice on units that kik butt, ones that dont, etc.. etc...
Just need to be pointed in the right direction. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.
Hope you have a great day.
Grais.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Nov 2006, 22:57

Hello and I wish you a good day too :)
Don't know if you can continue playing saved games after installing expansions, but I doubt. End the map and then install theme. After that, install the mod.
Talking about help in-game, it would be the bst to post your questions here and we will answer you.
Again, have the pleasant day.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 25 Nov 2006, 23:22

Welcome to the boards.

I'm pretty sure you can continue playing your saved games even after installing the expansions.

Installing Equilibris is a very wise move on your part as it balances out some of the more gaping issues.

Now delve into the game and explore first hand and then come back with your impressions and any possible questions.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Nov 2006, 06:34

Wellcome to the table.

You can install the expansions safelly.All they add is a few maps and campaigns,and a few more neutrals and artifacts that fit on those maps and campaigns.Installing equilibris,though,changes a game considerabelly.It improves it a lot,and maybe you should do it immidiatelly thus getting used to it from the start.And I dont think that you need the expansions to have equi installed,but Im not sure.

Graiskye
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

'merci

Unread postby Graiskye » 26 Nov 2006, 07:18

Thank you all.
So I went ahead and installed the two expansions, and it appears that installing the second expansion, 'the Gathering Storm' in this case,negates the campaign mode of the previous exp. pak.
IE: I installed WoW, took a quik look, all worked fine, could access the campaign for WoW, but after installing Gathering Storm, I lose the option to play the WoW campaign, I can still play original, and GS of course, so there we go I guess. No biggie tho, I'll just play em one at a time. The read me states that either expansion can be uninstalled without much trouble. When I have a more pointed question I'll be sure to come calling. :-D
Thanks again all.
Grais
ps::: I'm curious as too which expansion came first, 'Gathering Storm' or 'Winds of War'?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Nov 2006, 07:31

Well you see the problem is that TGS is the first expansion.If you install WoW after it youll have all three available.

Graiskye
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Graiskye » 26 Nov 2006, 08:16

Seems I spoke too soon, anyways,I never checked the start menu, from there I have access too ALL the different campaigns. Guess I should do a reinstall in the proper order.
Only thing is I allready went ahead and installed Equi., and now I'm having a bit of an issue, I got a message telling me to download the special .exe, so I did, installed it but it still didnt work, tho I just had a thought, I may have installed the '.exe' in the wrong place, Ill have to check it out later, I wanna play a game. Cheers.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Nov 2006, 09:35

First install H4, then TGS and then WOW. Then you can safely install Equilibrius without any problems. That .exe it is talking about is for those who don't have the expansions.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Graiskye
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Graiskye » 26 Nov 2006, 22:22

Will do, thanks again all.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”