Armageddon's Blade--All right, where is it?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Armageddon's Blade--All right, where is it?

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Jan 2006, 16:22

I know I read the story blurb where Gelu dreamed of the world being blown up by Armageddon’s Blade, but I’ve beaten the whole campaign again and haven’t seen so much as a trace of it. Any one know where it is? Was it added in a patch, or taken out for the Complete version?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 05 Jan 2006, 17:01

A trace of what?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 Jan 2006, 17:03

The story blurb she mentioned at the start... ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 05 Jan 2006, 17:04

But she said she had read it, so she should know where it is.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 Jan 2006, 17:12

That was most likely when she played it sometime earlier. You know, there are those odd people who actually play the campaigns more than once :D

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 05 Jan 2006, 17:24

Fine, fine. :)

Anyhow, what exactly does "story blurb" refer to? That short video before each scenario?

I also have Heroes Complete and I didn't notice anything wrong with it (I must specify, though, that I didn't play very much; I got it for Shadow of Death mainly).

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 Jan 2006, 17:25

Don't know, could be the cinematics text, but more likely, it's one of the text messages you get on the map.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Jan 2006, 17:48

Gaidal’s right, it was a text blurb not a cinematic. And she read it several years ago so no, she doesn’t remember where it was. The first time she beat the Armageddon’s Blade campaign it was on a borrowed copy of the normal expansion disk, and the last time she beat it it was with the Complete version and she didn’t see it, which is why she mentioned that.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Armageddon's Blade--All right, where is it?

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Jan 2006, 21:30

Kareeah Indaga wrote:I know I read the story blurb where Gelu dreamed of the world being blown up by Armageddon’s Blade, but I’ve beaten the whole campaign again and haven’t seen so much as a trace of it. Any one know where it is? Was it added in a patch, or taken out for the Complete version?
Well I dont quite remember this.Probably because Ive played it so long ago.It could be a timed triger so you missed it because youve played it faster this time.Or it could be a part of heroes chronicles.

Daesthai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daesthai » 05 Jan 2006, 22:07

I know that it appeared in the movie sequence in the original game. As for reading it, there was a website some time ago that did a fabulous job of collecting all the storylines from the various M&M games and posted them - not just the campaign stories, but the storylines that revolved around the entire M&M world. unfortunately, that site, like so many other good ones, is now gone and I can't even recall the name of it. but if you do a google search for HoMM storyline, or some similar searches, there are lots of sites out there with bits and pieces. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. =\

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Jan 2006, 22:13

If I remember correctly, there were different movies in the H3 Complete version than in the original separate games.

Also, there was a movie of Gelu & Kilgor destroying the world with Armageddon's Blade in the Sword of Frost Heroes Chronicles game. Is that the one you mean?

Daesthai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daesthai » 05 Jan 2006, 22:30

Ooops. I should clarify. By "the original game", i was referring to HoMM4. It was part of the intro cinematic. i can't speak for the Chronicles game HodgePodge mentioned, maybe this just repeated that. But I just cracked open HoMM4 again and viewed it. You can see it by starting the game, and then from the main menu select Options=>Replay Cinematic.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Jan 2006, 01:49

Daesthai wrote:Ooops. I should clarify. By "the original game", i was referring to HoMM4. It was part of the intro cinematic. i can't speak for the Chronicles game HodgePodge mentioned, maybe this just repeated that. But I just cracked open HoMM4 again and viewed it. You can see it by starting the game, and then from the main menu select Options=>Replay Cinematic.
Okay, if you want to view the original cinematic of the original H4, then launch H4 and on the screen where you'd choose New Game or Load a Game, choose Options. There you can choose to "Replay Cinematic" which will show you the original movie of Heroes 4. You can also view the cinematics for Gathering Storm or Winds of War. It's all there.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jan 2006, 13:38

HodgePodge wrote: Okay, if you want to view the original cinematic of the original H4, then launch H4 and on the screen where you'd choose New Game or Load a Game, choose Options. There you can choose to "Replay Cinematic" which will show you the original movie of Heroes 4. You can also view the cinematics for Gathering Storm or Winds of War. It's all there.

I do believe the thread was about Gelu dreaming of destroying the world, not actualy doing it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Oh!

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Jan 2006, 18:14

ThunderTitan wrote:
I do believe the thread was about Gelu dreaming of destroying the world, not actualy doing it.
Oh, then I must've been me dreaming that Gelu & Kilgor were just dreaming that the world got destroyed … and when they woke up, everything was still there except for the two swords, which were probably just a dream anyway. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 07 Jan 2006, 05:35

In Reply to All

I am 99% certain it was text. I know it wasn't the H4 opening cinema, I've seen that many times and moreover I'm fairly sure the event was in Armageddon's Blade as that was the only Heroes I was playing at the time--4 hadn't come out yet IIRC and I had learned about AB from MM8. I am fairly certain I didn't pass it by as I went through the AB campaign a third time with cheat codes when I couldn't find it the second time and waited for about three months (game time) until the text events stopped coming. It's not in Sword of Frost; the cinema there is of Tarnum putting on skull armor and the only real mention of anything Gelu gets in there is a letter to Tarnum and a few comments by other characters SFAIK. It isn't in any of the other HC games because I've only played Final Chapters so I couldn't have read it in any of the others. Thus I wondered if maybe it was only in the original expansion and taken out of the Complete for some reason (like the original AB opening cinema :disagree: ), or perhaps added in a patch.

Though if anyone has found it in one of the above, feel free to prove me wrong as I have no idea where it is.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jan 2006, 08:12

Kareeah, here you might (I haven't checked if they're there; he SoD ones should be) be able to download the campaigns as custom ones. From there you could then extract the maps and scourge them for that text. It's a long shot, but might be worth a try if you're desparate enough :)

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 07 Jan 2006, 13:14

Daesthai wrote:As for reading it, there was a website some time ago that did a fabulous job of collecting all the storylines from the various M&M games and posted them - not just the campaign stories, but the storylines that revolved around the entire M&M world. unfortunately, that site, like so many other good ones, is now gone and I can't even recall the name of it.
There is a fairly detailed storyline description at MM World but
  • it's German
  • and stops with the RoE.

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 08 Jan 2006, 14:26

Kareeah Indaga wrote: Thus I wondered if maybe it was only in the original expansion and taken out of the Complete for some reason (like the original AB opening cinema :disagree: ), or perhaps added in a patch.
Possibly they cut it out because Gelu blowing up the world with AB didn't agree with the later story of Kilgor and Gelu blowing it up with AB and SoF...dunno, never played H3/AB through, so I'm not 100% sure of what I'm talking about.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jan 2006, 22:49

I just remembered that I started the AB campaign before I decided to finish HoMMM4:tGS! I just started playing it again. I just finished asembling the ABlade. I'll keep an eye out for the text. ;)
I also have HoMM3 Complete though! If it's not there i'll let you know!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes I-IV”