Genie Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Vote, vote, vote

H1 Genie
11%
H2 Genie
28%
H3 Genie
10%
H3 Master Genie
19%
H4 Genie
22%
H5 Djin
3%
H5 Djinn Sultan
6%

Total votes: 134

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Aug 2006, 19:09

H4 is pretty good. Here is one, though this is h4 variation which don't make it into game. But it differ only very little from the final one.
Image ImageImage
The second one is h3/mm7 genie and last one is h4 final, choose what you like the most :D
(Sources were different sites from heroes realm and one of game artist)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Khaelo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khaelo » 24 Aug 2006, 22:42

Voted for H3 normal genie, but I like the MM7 variation even better. :D

~genie connoisseur
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 Aug 2006, 01:28

that mm7 one is pretty cool too, that mighta won the poll had it made it thru
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 25 Aug 2006, 11:11

H4 definitely. She looks sooo good and though she's very similar to the H2 one I like the H4 genie better because the colours go better together and the edges have been sharpened :-D

H5 genie is, as mentioned so many times before, incomplete and a joke. The huge hands and lack of head seem ridiculous :disagree:
Besides I enjoy the fact that the genie in H4 was female and an a**-kicking one as well :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 25 Aug 2006, 11:16

Again, H2 wins my vote. Don't know why, but it looks more like a genie.
A cat is fine too...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 Aug 2006, 19:15

Who is the second person that voted HV?Come out,voice your oppinion.And dont be shy.We wont hurt you.mr.hackcrag is still very much alive and well,so theres nothing to fear :devil:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 28 Aug 2006, 23:41

DaemianLucifer wrote:Who is the second person that voted HV?Come out,voice your oppinion.And dont be shy.We wont hurt you.mr.hackcrag is still very much alive and well,so theres nothing to fear :devil:
Don't believe it. They sent a pack of mintoaurs after me, and not the crappy H5 slave ones, they were viscious H3 minotaurs with a lust for blood. This whole thread is really just a ploy to lure out H5 djinn lovers and punish them. Run for your life while you still can! 8|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 19:03

You really should fear the H5 ones. Sure they're not great warriors like the H3 ones, but they are used to jail life, so the things they might to to you aren't very pretty either. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 02 Sep 2006, 05:05

mr.hackcrag wrote:I guess I'm the only one who likes the H5 djinn sultans. Although the in-game one doesn't look very nice, I think the high-def model of the djinn looks incredible.

I like the mystical markings all over it's body, I like how it is covered in jewels, and I like it's arabic style clothing and sword. The strange hat could be improved to show it's face a little more, but I don't mind the large hands because it makes it look less human and more like a spiritual being. If the in-game one looked like the high-def model, then I think the djinn is one of the best looking units in the H5 game. It's one of the very few H5 monsters that I actually like.

And is that blue furry thing coming out of it's hat supposed to be his hair, or is that part of the hat?
I feel exactly the same. The other genies look like blue people with turbans and gas legs. I find such art so boring. Too many human features on simply too many creatures.

I remember the naga being a blue woman with 4 arms and a snake torso. Period. Absolutely nothing special. No hybridization it was literally almost copy pasted on by the artist. That is just lazy imo.

I can imagine a werewolf unit made by 3do. Grab a person, make him hairy, put a wolf head on him. Oh yeah lets not forget to elongate the nails into black points.

Do something fun with it like this guy did(http://www.ilmondodielena.it/tendress/l ... olf-11.jpg).

I'm not saying the current genie is great. The lack of a head is rather wierd to be honest but the rest of him is pretty sweet looking imo.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Sep 2006, 10:51

MrSteamTank wrote: I remember the naga being a blue woman with 4 arms and a snake torso. Period. Absolutely nothing special. No hybridization it was literally almost copy pasted on by the artist. That is just lazy imo.
It had 6 arms. And it looked great. Keep Yuan-Ti and Serpentfolk in D&D pls. And used-to-be-elves Nagas in WC.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 04 Sep 2006, 05:30

H4 genie is the best
all other are good except that H5 one I hate his Rayman-like gloves and his head too. I don't know what kind of drugs used author of this.......thing before creating this
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 04 Sep 2006, 09:12

yeah, after re-reading the thread and seeing some people who like the no head, all hat thing .... not good!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 04 Sep 2006, 11:48

klaymen wrote:H4 genie is the best
all other are good except that H5 one I hate his Rayman-like gloves and his head too. I don't know what kind of drugs used author of this.......thing before creating this
You're talking about the computer game Rayman right? That was pretty cool. I used to love playing it... :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 04 Sep 2006, 11:53

voted h1

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Sep 2006, 13:39

They're all good, except the H5 genie which is tacky to the umpteenth degree.

The H3 genie is somewhat too blurry.

The H1 version is pretty original being the only one who flies around on a magic carpet.

That said, I'm gonna go with #2.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 07 Sep 2006, 18:41

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:
You're talking about the computer game Rayman right? That was pretty cool. I used to love playing it... :)
yes, I am
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Dec 2006, 12:51

Master Genie for me, he looks just like a Djinn/Genie should look like. Havent it been for the ridiculous small head and the king size hands of the Djinns I surely would pick them instead! Each time I see a wicked creature its tempting to ask why not start a petition to make certain creatures look better (gargoyles, djinns, treants, emerald dragons)??

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Jul 2007, 18:39

Heroes I was the most similar to my conception of genie. Although the other heroes until Heroes IV were similar to each other, H2 loses for being out of a glass-like souvenir.

Heroes 5 is cool - but too much cool, trying to be the badass. So, it seems lost in the concept of it.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 26 Jul 2007, 21:08

I'm going with H2 here [also].

H1 doesn't look supernatural enough. H3 & H4 look too derivative of H2. I don't care for the huge hands / no neck / no head of the H5 version.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 Jul 2007, 12:37

Now this is a good looking genie :D

Return to “Heroes I-IV”