www.gram.pl

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jeff

www.gram.pl

Unread postby jeff » 14 Aug 2006, 21:21

I recieved an email from www.gram.pl asking permission to put my campaign Dragon's Fate on their upcoming CD. I plan on giving them my permission, but would like to know if anyone knows of this site. They said they are the Polish publisher of Heroes IV.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Aug 2006, 22:59

That's CD-Projekt. They have been the Polish publisher of the Heroes games for quite a while. They asked for a similar permission to Karyll.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Aug 2006, 13:49

Angelspit wrote:That's CD-Projekt. They have been the Polish publisher of the Heroes games for quite a while. They asked for a similar permission to Karyll.
Thank you, I assumed several other mapmakers had received this request, I just had never heard of them. I sent my permission shortly after your post.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Aug 2006, 23:22

I refused them mine. I don't want anyone to make profits from my work; the maps should be freely available for download to anyone who wants them.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 16 Aug 2006, 02:13

I permitted them to use my campaign...
I refused them mine. I don't want anyone to make profits from my work; the maps should be freely available for download to anyone who wants them.
... and by letting them add it in their packs the only thing you're doing is making maps available to more people (who, for example, never heard about CH). It's not a bad thing at all.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Aug 2006, 02:20

It's the principle. I don't think these guys should be allowed to use my stuff to make money. It's not like the guys who would be getting the maps as reward for buying their games would not be able to get them from here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Aug 2006, 08:26

Kalah wrote:It's the principle. I don't think these guys should be allowed to use my stuff to make money. It's not like the guys who would be getting the maps as reward for buying their games would not be able to get them from here.
Thats the reason why they asked you would you allow to put theme on CD.

BTW, whats the price. Hopefully it isn't to big.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 16 Aug 2006, 08:32

Last year a couple of maps appeared on paid CD's without any notification at all.

At least these guys ask for permission.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

L_Devil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby L_Devil » 30 Aug 2006, 21:16

But Kalah, you must know that in Poland having internet access isn't as popular as you though... if you give permission, your campaign can be obtained for much more Heroes fans.
Raise the flag of piracy, sing the song of victory
Glorious in battle are we
We've never known defeat, we never will retreat.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 31 Aug 2006, 02:23

For me, I think it's okay to have your maps and campaigns on CD and available to everyone. But not to profit from it with out permission.
If people had my stuff on their CD's, I'm cool with that, but don't make a living at it. Just hand them out for others to play for free. That was my intent all along when I made the maps I made. err....just my two cents worth.

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 31 Aug 2006, 05:45

I'm polish :) If some1 needs help with communication or something - talk to me.

www.gram.pl is good site. One of best forums and network shops :) I also had from CD-projekt fantastic Heroes 5 limited edition :)

Just give them campaign if you want. They will polish it, I think. "Some day someone will see you and your potencjal" :D

on what CD they want to put it? :-D

Return to “Heroes I-IV”