Angel evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which (arch)angel do you like best?

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Angel
18%
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Archangel
20%
Heroes of Might and Magic 4 Angel
32%
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Angel
5%
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Archangel
24%

Total votes: 132

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 15 Aug 2006, 15:36

I never liked adding the Angel into the HOMM universe.

I certainly know that Corak and Sheltem never saw angels in their worlds. The entire Inferno in HOMM3 is just week. NWC could have made a Kreegan based town made up of a lot of the Kreegan folk that populated the Ironfist Dynasty of Might and Magic. Angels should be appetizers for Black Dragons.

When Catherine returned to Erathia and attempted to reestablish a beachhead in the kingdom that was all fine and dandy. It was the fact that she enlisted the aid of Erathia's traditional allies, the angels and the griffons. What Angels? Where'd they come from? That was bad enough, but did you have to take the Griffins too???

If my Black Dragons had just been there to stop that woman! First of all, the Griffins were fierce and loyal to the Warlocks and when that woman "enlisted" them they became slaves to the man and the Warlock faction would never be the same.

What happened to the rest of Warlock creatures? The Red and Black Dragons and Minotaurs were thrown into the dungeon with the trogs and hags. With nothing else to gaurd and follow the Gargoyles just kind of mi9grated to hanging out next to a bunch of Stone Golems for a while and spent most their days trying not to get stepped on by Giants and Titans. The Hydras went totally crazy, slipped deeper into the swamp and took a cow for a wife! The only ones who seemed to get off easy were the Green Dragons and the Centaurs that scurried away with them into forests and eventually taking up dwelling space in the Rampart.

But the Centuars would not last. Their drinking and vulgarity displeased the hippy tree huggers and they were banished from the Rampart only to take up shop with the barbarians. Eventually the Hydra rejoined his Minotaurs and Dragons to rule the dungeons, but not before the Black Dragons had killed all the Red Dragons and Gargoyles. The Gargoyles would go homeless in the grave and live (dead) day to day taking merc jobs from Necromancers.

Luckily the Griffins were able to escape from the man and after looking at the living conditions between the Black Dragons and the Green and Gold Dragons they opted for being pet by hippy tree huggers instead of beaten by overlords. And they were just fine.

Until some new woman came a calling again! Isabel, like Catherine before her, couldn't do a damn thing by herself so she had to "enlist" the aid of the Griffins again. And now we're going to screw with the whole world again!

And that's why I hate Angels! :tsdown:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 15 Aug 2006, 17:54

Isn't Erathia culturaly different then Enroth and Axeoth?
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Aug 2006, 18:25

Hmm 2 angels are winning? Ah how great :)

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 18 Aug 2006, 12:21

Vote h4 angel. Interesting concept.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 18 Aug 2006, 12:50

Sauron wrote:Isn't Erathia culturaly different then Enroth and Axeoth?
They are. In Gem's campaign in Shadow of Death, she is surprised by the combination of creatures she finds in the Rampart town.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 18 Aug 2006, 22:33

I liked the Heroes III Archangel. He just seems so... angelic. Gabriel-like. Curly blond hair, beard, big fluffy wings and some nice classical armour (plus he kicked serious ass). The Heroes III Angel is of undetermineable gender and looks like he (she?) just got out of bed. As for the Heroes IV and V ones, they just look... clunky. And black wings just aren't angelic. And what's with that haircut?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 19 Aug 2006, 09:07

Genesis wrote:I liked the Heroes III Archangel. He just seems so... angelic. Gabriel-like. Curly blond hair, beard, big fluffy wings and some nice classical armour (plus he kicked serious ass). The Heroes III Angel is of undetermineable gender and looks like he (she?) just got out of bed. As for the Heroes IV and V ones, they just look... clunky. And black wings just aren't angelic. And what's with that haircut?
You saw Gabriel?
Black wings? They look more like grey-blue wings.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Aug 2006, 09:20

I liked the Heroes III Archangel. He just seems so... angelic. Gabriel-like. Curly blond hair, beard, big fluffy wings and some nice classical armour (plus he kicked serious ass). The Heroes III Angel is of undetermineable gender and looks like he (she?) just got out of bed. As for the Heroes IV and V ones, they just look... clunky. And black wings just aren't angelic. And what's with that haircut?
What is bad on having angel directly delivered from the bed?

Wings are being nice for Angels, but never heard about them, that they enjoy the "classical" armour ;|
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 19 Aug 2006, 20:50

Sauron wrote:You saw Gabriel?
Black wings? They look more like grey-blue wings.
No, the Heroes IV Angel has black wings.
What is bad on having angel directly delivered from the bed?

Wings are being nice for Angels, but never heard about them, that they enjoy the "classical" armour
Eh?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Aug 2006, 22:26

Eh?
Like, that you do agree with me, the h3 Archangels are just too buffy. Such big swords is more than sufficent for theirs job. I really dislike the armor which they have. Angels only, by itself, look more acceptable.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Aug 2006, 03:32

Genesis wrote: No, the Heroes IV Angel has black wings.
:| 8| They look pretty white to me,except for the edges,which seem grey.

And I like the armor because of dogma.Now those are some trully impresive angels.

Angrilmor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Angrilmor » 21 Aug 2006, 00:47

H4 this time

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Aug 2006, 07:22

alright, i just pushed the H5 arch-angel to the lead
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 25 Aug 2006, 11:39

Voted H3 angel. Looks like an angel, without oversized sword, and no bulky armour, so the flying ability gets more plausible.
A cat is fine too...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Aug 2006, 13:56

stefan.urlus wrote:alright, i just pushed the H5 arch-angel to the lead
Bad stefan, bad stefan.... luckily some other persons fixed your mistake by voting H4.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 25 Aug 2006, 14:04

h4 angel would be too similar to other h5 haven units, that makes h5 upg better. but i dont understand, are the h5 angels supposed to be male or female.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Aug 2006, 14:21

vhilhu wrote:h4 angel would be too similar to other h5 haven units, that makes h5 upg better. but i dont understand, are the h5 angels supposed to be male or female.
I think they are male,because manga females usually have long hare,and its the males that have spikes.

Joetheeskimo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Joetheeskimo » 25 Aug 2006, 15:20

berntie wrote:Well, definitely not the HIII archangel this time. It looks sooo gay ... :disagree:
Are you kidding me? That's exactly what I thought when I saw the ridiculous Heroes 5 angels. It all goes to show that Heroes of Might & Magic should be left to the experts (that is, 3DO/NWC).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Aug 2006, 15:38

Joetheeskimo wrote: Are you kidding me? That's exactly what I thought when I saw the ridiculous Heroes 5 angels. It all goes to show that Heroes of Might & Magic should be left to the experts (that is, 3DO/NWC).
Whats so gay about HIV angel?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 25 Aug 2006, 15:45

It depends on what you mean by 'gay' ;)
Let's see here... maybe the black moustache and beard?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Return to “Heroes I-IV”