Sorceress' Town Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which sorceress' town design do you like best?

Heroes I
10%
Heroes II
23%
Heroes III
31%
Heroes IV
12%
Heroes V
25%

Total votes: 120

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 09 Sep 2006, 17:31

i have never played h1, thats prob why i never vote for it(no nostalgy).

of all the castles, nature certainly shouldnt look dull like in h3. im glad h2 leads, not h3. but when judging town looks, always think about the older homms how would it be in 3d. because its clear homm isnt going 2d ever again anyway. thats why i think h2-style wouldnt be as good path for future homms as h5.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 19 Jun 2007, 13:56

*bump*

The rampart was the most beautiful town in H3, and it is also the most beautiful forest/elf town of all the HoMM. Not even close to a debate on this one.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Jun 2007, 14:36

I liked H3 again, but the gray cells are starting to fade a bit, why is this called Sorceress town, wasn’t it Rampart in H3 and Preserve in H4?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Jun 2007, 16:06

I saved the best for last but it looks like I already voted in this one last summer. Anyhow, I'd like to say that I love all of the Nature Towns. They are all beautiful, even Heroes V.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 19 Jun 2007, 21:27

Yeah, well, I'm not one to discuss taste and such, but clearly Fortress beats Rampart for a mile for beauty in H3.
ZZZzzzz....

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Jun 2007, 21:48

Jolly Joker wrote:Yeah, well, I'm not one to discuss taste and such, but clearly Fortress beats Rampart for a mile for beauty in H3.
Maybe so in your opinion, but unfortunately, the Fortress-Swamp Town wasn't in any of the other Heroes games except Heroes 5 … and in Heroes 5 it's a Snow Terrain Town populated by Dwarves. ;| It's hard to do a poll on a Swamp Town type when there's only one.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 19 Jun 2007, 22:36

Jolly Joker wrote:Yeah, well, I'm not one to discuss taste and such, but clearly Fortress beats Rampart for a mile for beauty in H3.
That's the swamp town, right? No way!
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Jul 2007, 17:26

Vote H3 for having completely filled all requirements to show how a Rampart-like town should be, with waterfalls, totems, wood houses, mountains, and forest. It was one of the best town designings ever, imho. And the song was just awesome. :hoo:

Next, it comes H2 and H5. They are cool and good looking.

H1 and H4 are the last ones. H1 seemed more like a normal human town, with some mystique inside. H4 was...oh, well, dreadful - not talking about those red bananas they used to call Phoenix. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Jul 2007, 20:41

Vote H3 for having completely filled all requirements to show how a Rampart-like town should be, with waterfalls, totems, wood houses, mountains, and forest. It was one of the best town designings ever, imho. And the song was just awesome.
Oh I know, the scenery reminds me of the place where my uncle lives which also are close to the mountains with wit a huge forest near the mountain. I get dreamy when I visit him and daydream at his, my aunt and my cousins veranda and maybe read a good book while at it :butterfly:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Jul 2007, 17:13

I know how it feels. That's why I mostly plays with Rampart and I enter the town...rather pointlessly just to listen to the song. B-)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 26 Jul 2007, 21:02

H1 wins this one for me. I can easily see the creatures hanging out by their buildings which adds a lot of flavour to me.

H2, H5, H3, and H4 follow up.

Rymbeld
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rymbeld » 10 Aug 2007, 17:22

I know I'm late to the party, but I've been going through all these evolution polls and tis one was the hardest so far! I went with V but II and III are both nice--II being nicer. I think I is ridiculous: unicorns in a corral? C'mon, they should be running free or something.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 11 Nov 2007, 00:36

sylvan is the best... it just looks so beutiful on the screenshot... too bad i don't get to see it http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... 859#192859

i like how every building fits into it's place and the town isn't "stuffed" unlike the H1 version
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Nov 2007, 13:47

HV just BLEWS the whole competition so far away that I can't even imagine - just no explanation needed :creative:

As for the HIV one goes... it looks like each and every other town there :devious:

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 13 Sep 2009, 08:54

HV just fits into criteria for me...
And it don't need to fit into the "laws of Physics", it's "Might and magic"

for every other HOMM game for me, the towns just didn't feel like "towns", Starting from HOMM 3 they arranged the buildings better (instead of stuffing them in a background), but still didn't click for me...
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”