PROBLEM WHIT heroesIV! please help!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
exo6desmo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

PROBLEM WHIT heroesIV! please help!

Unread postby exo6desmo » 01 Aug 2006, 20:01

I have a problem whit heroesIV on my comp, first i DL:ed hommIV and when im about to push the install button nothing happens and the program crashes. and then i bought it (complete edition whit the 2exp) but the same thing happens....i push install button and nothing happens. the Cd-rom didint even find the cd but the Dvd player did but nothing happens anyway.

So please..if you know what i should do..write here! Thanks.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 01 Aug 2006, 20:43

Try finding "_setup" folder on homm4 cd1, then find the "setup" icon there and double click it.... it should start the install routine.

Ive had same problem with some other games but it was mostly due to having more cd/dvd drives.

exo6desmo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby exo6desmo » 01 Aug 2006, 20:51

Ya5MieL wrote:Try finding "_setup" folder on homm4 cd1, then find the "setup" icon there and double click it.... it should start the install routine.

Ive had same problem with some other games but it was mostly due to having more cd/dvd drives.
Already tried it, and still nothing happens, thanks anyway.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 Aug 2006, 21:25

"Downloaded H4"? :| You are aware that discussions about cracks and the likes are disallowed here, right?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

exo6desmo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby exo6desmo » 01 Aug 2006, 21:27

Gaidal Cain wrote:"Downloaded H4"? :| You are aware that discussions about cracks and the likes are disallowed here, right?
well sorry for that, and if you feel better i have bought it as i said.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 01 Aug 2006, 22:16

Im not sure what to do when, maybe try some of compatibility options (Win98 compatibility works best with games), or reinstalling the video drivers and directX.... but none of that is a sure solution

exo6desmo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby exo6desmo » 01 Aug 2006, 22:39

I appriciate your time Ya5MieL, thanks.

Hovewer my brother and i have managed to solve the problem...the problem was a program that was running in windows called "cln.exe"(i think) it blocked the install somehow. I dont know what it is but anyways..we noticed it when i was going to rebot the comp..this program crashed and i was forced to exit the program manuall and exactly when i did that the heroesIV install began to install, and then the comp rebooted.

and then we used "aktivitetshanteran"( dont know the word in english:x )to close the shit that was blocking the install, and it worked!

Sorry for my bad english.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 02 Aug 2006, 04:26

cln.exe is a trojan/virus. I recommend you get some virus protection software and/or adaware to try and clean your computer.

PS. Whenever you notice a strange/unknown process running google it before shutting it down. Most of the time it will be a windows process but sometimes, like this, it's suspicious and you should take further action.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Aug 2006, 10:45

A free anti-virus program can be downloaded here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

exo6desmo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby exo6desmo » 02 Aug 2006, 11:25

Ok, thank you all again for your kindness. But when i look even closer today it was a program called CLI.exe, and acourding to my friends that is some drivers for my grafic card (radeon 9600 series).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Aug 2006, 13:13

That may be, but if you don't have anit-virus installed, I'd get one anyway. Also try Ad-aware to get rid of spyware etc.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 02 Aug 2006, 14:12

If nothing else, you can always download Stinger from Mcafee and run that to see what wild stuff is running on your computer.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”