Skeleton Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Whos the best looking bone pile?

H2 Skeleton
25%
H3 Skeleton
8%
H3 Skeleton Warrior
19%
H4 Skeleton
22%
H5 Skeleton
11%
H5 Skeleton Archer
14%

Total votes: 106

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Skeleton Evolution

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jul 2006, 06:16

Its an early monday up here in north which means a new evo poll. And heres a nice collection of animated bones, pick a pile :)

Heroes 2

Heroes 3

Heroes 4

Heroes 5

I picked the H5 standard skeleton, I love his animations and the look especially when the victory is nigh or he have defeated a stack all by himself :devious: The axe is nice too, something along with its upg that stand out from the previous skeleton crowd B-)
Last edited by Orfinn on 24 Jul 2006, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 24 Jul 2006, 06:28

H4, to me it looks like "completed version" of H2 and H3 skeletons. I hate green color with undead so H5 skeleton and all their town is big :no:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 24 Jul 2006, 10:54

I like the H3 one even though I've never played H3.
Again my problem with H4 is this: butt flaps :disagree:

Btw: Can't see the H5 pics ;|
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Jul 2006, 11:24

Few facts:

1. I can't see H5 pics in my editor. Have you taken theme from AOH site?!

2. The last poll was made in Friday ant even it was made too early.
I beg everyone not to crate Evolution polls unles the last one isn't a week old! It'll be the best to create theme only on Mondays!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jul 2006, 11:25

H2. It reminds me of ones in an old Sinbad movie i once saw. Good ol' stop motion animation.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jul 2006, 11:51

First,let me dirrect you here.The number in the red in the first post clearly says to wait for five more days.I know its fun to make polls,but keep in mind that more polls means crowded forums.

Second,the HV pictures have to be opened in order to be wieved.Try downloading them,and then hosting them somewhere.

Third,I voted for HII.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jul 2006, 11:55

Shaiz! My fault about making this poll and yes, I'll try to fix those H5 pics....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jul 2006, 12:00

I was under the impresion that it didn't matter the day of the week, just that it's a differrent week.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jul 2006, 12:05

Well have fixed the broken links to the pics as you suggested DL, by saving them then hosting them....should work now ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jul 2006, 12:14

ThunderTitan wrote:I was under the impresion that it didn't matter the day of the week, just that it's a differrent week.
Thats right.At least a week should pass before the new evolution.
Orfinn wrote:Well have fixed the broken links to the pics as you suggested DL, by saving them then hosting them....should work now ;)
Are you sure?There are some green thingies instead of skeletons there :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jul 2006, 12:21

Hidden skeleton upg, only found in gazy green swamps and woods :devious:

And yes DL thank you very much for adding the skeleton poll to the creature evolutions (pics) thread without letting the poll get a rerasonable amount of votes,my fault that, but calling them skelents??? Tsk, Tsk :disagree:

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 24 Jul 2006, 13:09

I actually prefer the bonepiles from Crusaders. Though that is no HoMM game by any means. But I think those skeletons really were quite convincing as skeleton warriors. But on topic. I'd have to say the skeletons from H3, in large number they were army killers. The skeleton achrers have taken their place now though.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 24 Jul 2006, 13:16

I like the Skeleton archers, they have the most intimidating look of them all. The H2 looks more like an undead pirate, than warrior. The H3 Looks like if you thouch them the burst into powder, while H4 and the regular skeleton in H5 are in a shard second.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Jul 2006, 14:41

Heroes 4. Just because it reminds me of the skellies in Planescape:Torment.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 24 Jul 2006, 14:41

I voted for H2 skeletons because of their lovely, squeaky skeleton sounds, especially when you killed them and they fell apart :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jul 2006, 15:03

Orfinn wrote: And yes DL thank you very much for adding the skeleton poll to the creature evolutions (pics) thread without letting the poll get a rerasonable amount of votes,my fault that, but calling them skelents??? Tsk, Tsk :disagree:
What was I thinking?Its fixed now,thanks for noticing.And Im putting the polls in as soon as I see them.No votes are required.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 24 Jul 2006, 15:19

Gaidal Cain wrote:Heroes 4. Just because it reminds me of the skellies in Planescape:Torment.
And that makes me think of Morte! So, vote Heroes IV.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 24 Jul 2006, 16:36

I voted for H4 because it is the most clear and complete skeleton.

Did anyone else notice that the H5 skeleton is only wearing one shoe? And I think it is also wearing pants that seemed to have been tailored to stick to his bones. It must have been the same tailor who designed the lich's fancy ball evening gown. The skeleton is wearing so many cloths, that it looks like his flimsy body will collapse under all the weight. DL, what were you thinking when you fixed those pics? This is the second time in a row that H5 is the worst of the group.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jul 2006, 17:31

mr.hackcrag wrote:DL, what were you thinking when you fixed those pics? This is the second time in a row that H5 is the worst of the group.
Its not my poll,and so arent the pictures.And its not the fans fault that HV has a bad style.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 24 Jul 2006, 17:45

I didn't mean it so seriously. And I didn't blame fans about anything.

Anyhow, I was just thinking that maybe creature polls should have their own little section so the "once a week" rule can be lifted.

Also, an alternative to creature polls could be hero polls where we choose our favorite hero evolution among the group. Although, there might not be enough pictures to do this effectively.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”