List of best creatur in Heroes IV

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

List of best creatur in Heroes IV

Unread postby Jimmpi » 21 Jul 2006, 21:33

Hello

For some time ago i found a page that listed every creatur/lvl in heroes IV. For a exampel the best lvl 3 was the genies on that list
No I cant find that page,,and I really hope someone understans what I'm looking for and can help me

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 21 Jul 2006, 21:45

what about vampires?
with equilibris it would be more difficult to tell what creatures are best

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 23 Jul 2006, 15:39

I'm gonna go with the Gargantuan: "A large earth elemental, resembling a Behemoth, the Gargantuan attacks with the very earth in a devastating barrage of rocks. In melee, the Gargantuan pounds its opponents with its massive fists."

…………………… Image ……………………
Ranged creature with two area shots and no melee penalty. Pretty tough looking too!

……………………………… Image ……………………
Just look at that face, he's so ugly … he's cute! :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Jul 2006, 16:21

yeah he looks pretty innocent, that overgrown rock, painted green and with added limbs :devious:

I gotta go for the nightmares in H4, pretty bests with a fiery temper. They looks great too, much better than those in H5 and the puny H4 Unicorns :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 23 Jul 2006, 16:48

@ Orfinn

Agree with you about the Nightmare in Heroes 4. I love them. Always have, right from the start. The Heroes 5 Nightmares are too overdone. Like they couldn't leave a good thing alone.

Oh sorry, far be it from Nival to include anything which might allude to Heroes 4. Nival would've done a lot better taking advantage of many of the improvements implemented in Heroes 4 instead of plopping together an unfinished, buggy, sloppy & tiresome game that is Heroes 5.

Long live Heroes 1 & Heroes 2 & Heroes 3 & Heroes 4!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 23 Jul 2006, 17:00

I absolutely love the genies but what I hate about them is their lack of power in melee combat. Especially it's a pain in the a** when up against Blackies. But then there are other creatures who can make up for this ;)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 23 Jul 2006, 17:09

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I absolutely love the genies but what I hate about them is their lack of power in melee combat. Especially it's a pain in the a** when up against Blackies. But then there are other creatures who can make up for this ;)
Genies are way to strong as it is - if their melee were any better, they would be totally unstopable.
Game plan for Academy = Build genies ASAP and rule the world ;|

Without Equi, level 3 units are not balanced at all. Cyclops, Vampire and Genie rules all the other. Can't really say which one I think is stronger though... they are about equal - and all crucial to their fraction.

cganya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cganya » 22 Aug 2006, 07:05

acually off the tp of my head i can say that vampires are by far the best level 3.

favorites would be vampire, poison spawn, monk, nagas and nightmares.

i have yet to try a genie swarm, i imagine they would be powerful but ultimatly a few certain spells or creatures would be their undoing thus i'd opt for a creature that is more universally powerful.

vampires for instance, if done right you can have huge swarms of them, that huge swarm replenishes its massive numbers with each attack against a living creature, its only weakness of course is non living units. while no creature is unstoppable. vampires have a huge advantage by being able to be raised by their attack and after a battle to even add more to their ranks.

also in a battle between vampires and genies, a necromancer with the haste spell and a higher speed than a vampire coupled with the tactics skill can cast haste on the vampire and whipe out the casting strength of a genie easily.

though of course, many possible combinations and outcomes exist.

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 22 Aug 2006, 08:19

Paulus1 wrote: Game plan for Academy = Build genies ASAP and rule the world ;|
But beware of anyone with basic order or basic death.

I have always found Genies to be strong only when fighting a neutral army of them. Otherwise there are usually too few of them to make any significant impact.
Cyclops, Vampire and Genie rules all the other. Can't really say which one I think is stronger though...
Cyclops is way weaker than the other two against just about any opponent short of Black Dragon and stronger units. Vampire is stronger than Genie against most opponents.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”