Homm4 - Dismissed Reed...

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Nocturne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Homm4 - Dismissed Reed...

Unread postby Nocturne » 10 Jun 2022, 12:58

Hi, in Homm4, in the Order campaign, fifth mission you need to rescue a knight named Reed who is the only one that can pass through the final gate (apparantly). I dismissed this hero and now I can't complete the map...

Is there any way to get him back?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Homm4 - Dismissed Reed...

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jun 2022, 15:18

If he's set up like a normal hero (or aligned) you have chance to re-hire him again in tavern. Try it, otherwise you can start again/use older save or use some cheater.

Also is good to check some neutral tavern, in case that you are not controlling enough of them, to see if he's not hired by AI.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 29 Jun 2022, 16:03

Did you ever solve your problem? There is a cheat that lets you simply claim victory for a scenario. nwcValhala if I remember correctly.

I try to protect myself against this kind of mistake by saving on the first day of each week. I start with m1w1, then m1w2 etc. so I almost never have to start over.

Nocturne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nocturne » 08 Jul 2022, 17:27

Yes! I solved it - I apologize for the very late reply! I was able to rename another hero (Nathaniel) to "Reed" with the "FaceTool"-mod for Equilibrius. Apparently the game thought he was the actual Reed and let me pass!

Thanks for your replies, hope you are having an amazing summer! :D

Return to “Heroes I-IV”