Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth

Unread postby Blake » 21 Apr 2023, 13:35

congrats!
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 01 May 2023, 14:02

Went ahead and uploaded Long Live the Queen from RoE.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 09 May 2023, 09:36

Wow.. so now you're putting the good old HoMM3 campaigns into HoMM4. That's going to be interesting!
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 09 May 2023, 14:04

Blake wrote: 09 May 2023, 09:36 Wow.. so now you're putting the good old HoMM3 campaigns into HoMM4. That's going to be interesting!

Yep! H4 Chronicles just sort of started happening with ByteBandit, and I realized how cool it would be to have ALL of the HoMM campaigns all redone in H4, so it became one of my goals :)

These will be slower going for the moment because I really need to get Unity finished up, so I will be more focused on that campaign. But then there is another really awesome project for H4 that I'm going to be spending some time on.. ;)

paweb54634
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby paweb54634 » 11 Jun 2023, 04:04

hello,
so far i have tested long live the queen and the first 3 chronicles campaigns on champion difficulty.
as for warlords of the wasteland im very satisfied with how the campaign played. the difficulty seemed to be just right, challenging but not too hard. conquest of the underworld was pretty tough in the beginning, especially start of map 3 (that army of griffins and harpies east of the starting town was huge) but got very easy from the 4th map on. i havent encountered any noticeable issues in both campaigns. however i got some issues with the master of elements campaign:
-map 2 was VERY difficult to win. my tiny starting area was cut off by a stack of 50+ air elementals, same as every mine in the area was guarded by such a stack. only thing i was able to flag was a windmill. i had to wait more than 2 months in town doing nothing until i had an army capable of defeating the large stacks. by that time the ai had already an insane army advantage as there were no neutral monsters guarding his area and he was able to take all of the neutral dwellings. map 3 has the same rough start with the only way out of the starting area guardead by a huge water elemental stack and no mines being flaggable but it was still way easier to win it because the ai enemy doesnt get to get a large army.
-map 5 has incorrect winning condition stated even though it states the right one in the map description text
-i was forced to use a cheat to win map 6 because the dark blue tent i needed for passage wasnt present on the map. there was also a stack of orcs east of the starting town guarding a mine that i couldnt attack because they were placed on a river (would have needed a boat)

in long live the queen i encountered 3 issues:
- in the underground level of map 2 both of the passages that connect the east and west are not passable
-after i got asked at the start of map 3 which item i want it didnt give me anything
-most importantly i couldnt finish the last map because the first griffin tower from the left and from the right are both not reachable because the mountains are too close together

i also wanna say that im already a big fan of this project, awesome to still have people put work into this game after so many years. i will be testing the rest of the campaigns as well in the future hoping i can help some more
lg

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 12 Jun 2023, 15:33

Hi there! Thank you so much for your feedback!

paweb54634 wrote: 11 Jun 2023, 04:04 i got some issues with the master of elements campaign:
-map 2 was VERY difficult to win. my tiny starting area was cut off by a stack of 50+ air elementals, same as every mine in the area was guarded by such a stack. only thing i was able to flag was a windmill. i had to wait more than 2 months in town doing nothing until i had an army capable of defeating the large stacks. by that time the ai had already an insane army advantage as there were no neutral monsters guarding his area and he was able to take all of the neutral dwellings. map 3 has the same rough start with the only way out of the starting area guardead by a huge water elemental stack and no mines being flaggable but it was still way easier to win it because the ai enemy doesnt get to get a large army.

I actually haven't tested Masters of the Elements myself. We have had one person play through it, but I think that was on normal, but he did report that it got pretty over the top difficult maybe in the 5th map? Have you been converting your mages to Evil Sorceresses? I realize without resources on champion, in addition to the increased cost, that it is more difficult to get the funds to do so early.

Either way, sounds like maybe some stacks need some tweaks.

paweb54634 wrote: 11 Jun 2023, 04:04 -map 5 has incorrect winning condition stated even though it states the right one in the map description text

Where specifically does it state it in game? Is it the win condition description you're talking about?

paweb54634 wrote: 11 Jun 2023, 04:04 -i was forced to use a cheat to win map 6 because the dark blue tent i needed for passage wasnt present on the map. there was also a stack of orcs east of the starting town guarding a mine that i couldnt attack because they were placed on a river (would have needed a boat)

Did you download the maps from the first post of this thread? The missing tent is a strange find, especially in Masters of the Elements because I do remember that being reported several times and fixing it.. I'll definitely still try to take a look tonight just to make sure I didn't somehow miss / forgot to fix it.

As far as those Orcs, I've been running into that little annoyance quite a bit recently. It gets me because the editor doesn't show the grid as impassable from water when something interactive is on top of it, you just get the yellow interactive and so I think it's reachable.

paweb54634 wrote: 11 Jun 2023, 04:04 in long live the queen i encountered 3 issues:
- in the underground level of map 2 both of the passages that connect the east and west are not passable
-after i got asked at the start of map 3 which item i want it didnt give me anything
-most importantly i couldnt finish the last map because the first griffin tower from the left and from the right are both not reachable because the mountains are too close together

Dang thanks for catching the passability mistakes. So much to fix in there as far as passability after converting to make sure it's the same as the H3 map, so I sometimes miss some places. Underground especially needs close attention, and staring at these maps while fixing stuff gets my eyes a little tired, haha :)

Also, I think I didn't add the AI enhancing scripts to Long Live the Queen, so that will certainly change gameplay a bit once I do so and it will be much more similar to what you've been finding in the Heroes Chronicles campaigns.

paweb54634 wrote: 11 Jun 2023, 04:04 i also wanna say that im already a big fan of this project, awesome to still have people put work into this game after so many years. i will be testing the rest of the campaigns as well in the future hoping i can help some more
lg

Glad you're liking what you're seen so far! If you'd like to help more, I actually have a private discord for collaborating and testing stuff. Let me know if you're interested and I can pm you an invite!

Thanks again for the feedback!

paweb54634
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby paweb54634 » 12 Jun 2023, 19:26

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 15:33 I actually haven't tested Masters of the Elements myself. We have had one person play through it, but I think that was on normal, but he did report that it got pretty over the top difficult maybe in the 5th map?
i actually found the 5th map to be the easiest out of the 6 first. maybe youre referring to the 6th map? there were a bunch of garrisons guarded by 1000+ elementals, which should be a very large stack even on normal difficulty, around 300-400 if i had to guess.different difficulty levels play very differently so it could have actually been the 5th map but on champion the second map is by far the hardest
iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 15:33 Have you been converting your mages to Evil Sorceresses?
i was never able to do that, maybe i played an outdated version of the campaign? i downloaded it from the first post of the thread quite recntly
iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 15:33 Where specifically does it state it in game?
in the win condition segment of the scenario description it only says the player has to be the only one to own a town even though you also have to flag all the fire elemental dwellings, but then again this could be because my map was outdated
iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 15:33 If you'd like to help more, I actually have a private discord for collaborating and testing stuff. Let me know if you're interested and I can pm you an invite!
yes! drop me an invite please

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 12 Jun 2023, 19:44

paweb54634 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 19:26 i actually found the 5th map to be the easiest out of the 6 first. maybe youre referring to the 6th map? there were a bunch of garrisons guarded by 1000+ elementals, which should be a very large stack even on normal difficulty, around 300-400 if i had to guess.different difficulty levels play very differently so it could have actually been the 5th map but on champion the second map is by far the hardest

Ah yep, it was the 6th map with the stacked garrisons that I was thinking of.

paweb54634 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 19:26 i was never able to do that, maybe i played an outdated version of the campaign? i downloaded it from the first post of the thread quite recntly

There should be a quest hut right next to your starting town on each map. If you go there with Tarnum and he has Magi with him, you will get a prompt to convert them. You will also get the prompt every 7th day if Tarnum has Magi in an army with him and the funds to convert any.

This ability was added pretty early, so it should definitely be there! I think you don't get the prompt if Tarnum doesn't have any Magi in an army with him.

paweb54634 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 19:26 in the win condition segment of the scenario description it only says the player has to be the only one to own a town even though you also have to flag all the fire elemental dwellings, but then again this could be because my map was outdated

Gotcha! Probably not outdated, I just missed updating the actual win condition descriptions (for the other campaigns as well).

paweb54634 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 19:26 yes! drop me an invite please

Invite sent!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 04 Aug 2023, 03:39

Added a little section in the original post for music mods. Just a little for fun side project I started after fixing importing for mp3's

Super easy to customize the music except for when that music is played from a bink movie file.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 10 Aug 2023, 16:10

Added Dungeons and Devils for download.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 15 Aug 2023, 05:00

Added HoMM2 music mod.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 20 Aug 2023, 06:30

Wow.. can't believe you're taking on converting all the Heroes 3 campaigns over too.. that's amazing!
Do you have a project thread over at Heroes Community too? People there should know what you're doing too!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 20 Aug 2023, 16:10

Blake wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 06:30 Wow.. can't believe you're taking on converting all the Heroes 3 campaigns over too.. that's amazing!
Do you have a project thread over at Heroes Community too? People there should know what you're doing too!

Yep, I have a thread over on HC as well :)

Going to take quite a bit of time to get things ported over since it's just me doing the work, and I have plenty of other projects I'm working on, haha.

The hardest and most time consuming part is making sure passability is the same between the h3 and h4 maps. I'd need to do some major work to get it done programmatically, so that probably won't happen and I'll have to keep doing it by hand unfortunately.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 21 Aug 2023, 13:47

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 16:10 Yep, I have a thread over on HC as well :)
Ahh yup I see it now. Have posted in there as I can see you're having to edit your last post with news due to having several posts in a row. I keep having to do the same in my project threads there as well when no one else replies. Drives me nuts lol! So even when someone visits my threads to complain or be rude I'm like "THANK YOU!! I CAN NOW POST IN MY OWN DAMN THREAD AGAIN!!!" hahaha!!!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 21 Aug 2023, 18:20

Blake wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 13:47 Ahh yup I see it now. Have posted in there as I can see you're having to edit your last post with news due to having several posts in a row. I keep having to do the same in my project threads there as well when no one else replies. Drives me nuts lol! So even when someone visits my threads to complain or be rude I'm like "THANK YOU!! I CAN NOW POST IN MY OWN DAMN THREAD AGAIN!!!" hahaha!!!

Haha thanks! I'll keep an eye out for your thread (civ2 mod thread, correct?) and post there so you don't get stuck editing :)

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 23 Aug 2023, 13:08

Yup I've got a copy there of the Civ2 HoMM2 thread I have here. Was about to say all good mate, I don't need help atm, but I've just looked and I'm on 2 posts in a row so actually it would help as I've got the big release coming soon. Cheers! :)

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 26 Oct 2023, 00:54

Hello everyone! I just wanted to show a little bit of something else we’ve been working on recently.

Thanks to the hard work of Albyx, H4Zer0, and RoseKavalier, we are able to integrate our own programs inside the game as plugins, which is obviously super exciting! It’s still currently a work in progress, but it’s extremely promising and will allow us to basically do anything we want using our own programs.

Here is an example of one such program in the works, which can generate a duel map or convert an H3 Map to H4.

It leverages code from the H4 Advanced Options Map Editor for generating duel maps and H3->H4 conversion. Both the generated duel maps and converted H3 maps are saved directly to your maps folder and are immediately available in game.

Once more work is done to reverse buttons on the UI, we plan to add a new button for this feature so that it’s easy to find and use.

The Diamond age of H4 modding is alive and well! Plenty more on the horizon..

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 22 Dec 2023, 17:20

Posted by FirePaladin over on HeroesCommunity here.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 02 Mar 2024, 21:27

Added RoE campaign Liberation. I haven't tested it yet, so I'm sure there are some bugs, but hopefully nothing game breaking.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”