Messed up screen on Equilibris 3.51

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
metalpunkhead666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Messed up screen on Equilibris 3.51

Unread postby metalpunkhead666 » 26 Oct 2021, 21:33

When I launch the equilibris mod, my screen only shows about 2/3 of the game, it's like it's zoomed in on the top and left part of the screen. I have reinstalled both the base game (complete edition on GOG) and the mod 3 times.
In order to install the mod, I had to download 2 additionnal files from the internet to make it happen : "binkw32.dll" and "mss32.dll".
In order to make the game even launch, I've had to disable the data execution prevention for the mod.

I'm not really hopefull anyone can help me solve this problem but maybe I'll get lucky.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Messed up screen on Equilibris 3.51

Unread postby Pol » 26 Oct 2021, 22:04

You are not specifying what system/graphic card you have. Anyway, try to use wrapper.
https://verokster.blogspot.com/2018/10/ ... iv-gl.html

As of these additional files, that's suspicious. They are part of the game. First is video library and second sound library - they are used only for playing videos.

You may have damaged installation, sorry to saying that but in that case is advised to disable any antivirus program, installing the game and the mod and then enable it again. And some AV programs may complain about the mod but it's false alarm, grant it exception.

As of disabling DEP. That was never needed on my system. So most likely again, damaged installation.

PS Do not add any bink or mss libraries from internet. Game have them and only specific versions works.
binkw32.dll 3.0.0 255KB
Mss32.dll 3.0.0. 340KB

PSS Install the game into the folder Games on your C drive, you will need to create it. Old games don't like "Program Files" folders much.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

metalpunkhead666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Messed up screen on Equilibris 3.51

Unread postby metalpunkhead666 » 26 Oct 2021, 22:50

Perfect, you fixed it ! Thanks man !

Return to “Heroes I-IV”